5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

Employment contract or employment certificate in their home country:

1. What do they need to see in the employment contract to be satisfactory?

2. Is there a minimum salary or income they want to see in the employment contract?

3. Do they check to see if you get paid a salary or income from your employer into your personal bank account? Is this needed as proof even though there's no mention about this as a requirement?

Curious to know if someone is receiving passive rental income, how can they make it so they qualify under the DTV visa? Say rental income goes into a company or a trust, can you have an "employment contract" from this company or trust signed by yourself or a close family member, as long as you or the family member is a director of the company or trustee of a trust?

Edited by bbi1

There is a "Medical treatment" category for the DTV Visa:

Would arranging to get a single tooth dental implant qualify for this to get a DTV Visa? Would be great if that could be sufficient to qualify 😁

Edited by bbi1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Have you read my post? previous page.

Just read it now. Good to see they accepted dental work (dentures) for a DTV with one dentist appointment already completed.

For myself, I need one dental implant but have yet to make any appointments. Thought if I'm coming to Thailand, I might as well do it in Thailand for a cheaper price than in Australia and it would be an added bonus if doing this dental implant would get me a DTV valid for 5 years. Was just unsure how likely the Australian Embassy in Canberra would accept this as "Medical Treatment" in issuing a DTV. Hopefully this could be sufficient to get a DTV as I understand dental implants are between a 3 to 6 month process from start to finish.

Edited by bbi1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

how likely the Australian Embassy in Canberra would accept this as "Medical Treatment" in issuing a DTV

Embassy in HCMC said to me - whatever, any medical appointment is good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Embassy in HCMC said to me - whatever, any medical appointment is good.

Nice. That's good news.

They just need to issue a letter on their letterhead that you have an appointment or a printed out email is sufficient?

Edited by bbi1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

letter on their letterhead that you have an appointment or a printed out email is sufficient?

I don't know, in my post I've attached the photo of my appointment, wet stamp.

PP -> Phnom Penh

Edited by Tim K

OK, I'll give this visa a try.  I'm flying to America November 1st so have to hurry.  Next week is the plan if I can get an appointment in Vientiane.

I have a savings account in America with 100K in it and also Bangkok Bank with about 700 k.  Currently been an O visa for ten years but plan on traveling quite often the next few years and this visa would be ideal.  If it isn't, I can always go back to the non-O.

Here is what I'm bringing:

1) I can print out the event registrations and payment receipts.  Probably have 4 events over the next 6 months.  Also can show a history of attending sporting events in Thailand if it would help.

2)  Print out Bangkok Bank statements -3 months. Could also provide statements for   another savings account in America with over $100k dollars in it.  I  rarely have transactions in these accounts and should be easy  for the immigration officer to verify funds.

3) Fill out DTV application with passport scan. Passport pics?

Am I missing anything?  Just got back from Laos yesterday and dreading another Laos trip.  Assume  Vientiane will be easier than Chon Mek.  Definately not taking a vehicle which was the main issue with Chon Mek.

17 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Employment contract or employment certificate in their home country:

1. What do they need to see in the employment contract to be satisfactory?

2. Is there a minimum salary or income they want to see in the employment contract?

3. Do they check to see if you get paid a salary or income from your employer into your personal bank account? Is this needed as proof even though there's no mention about this as a requirement?

Curious to know if someone is receiving passive rental income, how can they make it so they qualify under the DTV visa? Say rental income goes into a company or a trust, can you have an "employment contract" from this company or trust signed by yourself or a close family member, as long as you or the family member is a director of the company or trustee of a trust?

Can’t comment for local consulates / embassies but I applied online via London and provided a letter signed by myself as sole-director of a limited company.
- It stated I could work remotely

- Had a screenshot from companies house (UK government website) showing I owned the company

- Had a list of my clients and gross profit across all of them but not breakdown between each (application asks for a portfolio of clients).

Application asked for salary equivalent in USD but no evidence requested.

Didn’t provide any contracts either between me and my company or between my company and clients.

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is the DTC cost meant to be only 10k baht, which is approximately AUD$440?

The Thai Embassy in Australia is charging AUD$600 which is approximately 13,600 baht: https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/destination-thailand-visa-dtv/

Canada charges $650 CAD which is over 16,000 baht, so you are getting a better deal than I am.  I was paying $325 CAD for a 60-day multi-entry tourist visa every year so it's still a way better deal than that.

Edited by shdmn

4 hours ago, Chalky0w said:

Can’t comment for local consulates / embassies but I applied online via London and provided a letter signed by myself as sole-director of a limited company.
- It stated I could work remotely

- Had a screenshot from companies house (UK government website) showing I owned the company

- Had a list of my clients and gross profit across all of them but not breakdown between each (application asks for a portfolio of clients).

Application asked for salary equivalent in USD but no evidence requested.

Didn’t provide any contracts either between me and my company or between my company and clients.

Did you get approved yet or are waiting for approval?

11 hours ago, atpeace said:

Print out Bangkok Bank statements -3 months.

You should request 6 - months via BBL app, and make it in Thai language.
Hanoi / Kuala wants to see 6 months.
Mine had only 3 lines -
current balance,
+interest in June,
-tax from that interest.

Copy of main page,
IMHO 1-2 events in advance should be enough and no need for previous events maybe just one)

Edited by Tim K
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

You should request 6 - months via BBL app, and make it in Thai language.
Hanoi / Kuala wants to see 6 months.
Mine had only 3 lines -
current balance,
+interest in June,
-tax from that interest.

Copy of main page,
IMHO 1-2 events in advance should be enough and no need for previous events maybe just one)

Thanks!  Have a  questions and maybe you can help.  If not no worries.

I just crossed over into Laos a couple days ago to use  my re-entry stamp.  Was thinking this would be all need to do before heading to Vientiane but it just hit me.  I'll still have my Non-O when crossing into Laos next week without a re-entry.  Will the Thai Embassy tell me I have a visa and I'm not eligible for a new visa.   I forget when they invalidate the visa.  Upon leaving or at re-entry.

On 8/28/2024 at 1:01 AM, Briggsy said:

I doubt anyone has any experiences to report yet but I will ask anyway.

1. Will it be possible to obtain the documentation to register a vehicle in your own name with a DTV?

2. Will banks allow you to open an account with a DTV? I have a bank account here but I would like to open another.

3. The impossible question. Does anybody envisage denials of entry if holders of DTV's spend 11 months a year in Thailand? This is what happened with METV's so it is not too far a stretch of imagination.

Replies sharing experiences from those holding DTV's would be greatly appreciated.

Remember, 180 day stay in one calendar year makes one a tax-resident.

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

Thanks!  Have a  questions and maybe you can help.  If not no worries.

I just crossed over into Laos a couple days ago to use  my re-entry stamp.  Was thinking this would be all need to do before heading to Vientiane but it just hit me.  I'll still have my Non-O when crossing into Laos next week without a re-entry.  Will the Thai Embassy tell me I have a visa and I'm not eligible for a new visa.   I forget when they invalidate the visa.  Upon leaving or at re-entry.

You have an extension of stay, a permit, not a visa.

Your Non Imm O visa became invalid either on entry or by the 'enter before' date, but your Immigration status remains Non Immigrant. The Non Imm O granted you a stay of 90 days, and it is this permission of stay you extend each year.

Leaving Thailand without a re-entry permits cancels any permission of stay you may have held.

No problem applying for a new different visa type, but note the DTV is classed as a Tourist visa so you'll lose your Non Immigrant status and have to start the process with a Non Imm O visa again should you return to applying for 1 year extensions.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:35 AM, zzzzz said:

so more than a re extension using an agent in Pattaya (which  u  dont need show Baht in Bank) 
guess its good for under 50 year olds
BUT
wonder how many digital nomads in their 20-30's have 500,000 ( $13,500 give or take a bit)  just sitting around and so far we dont know if that needs be in a thai bank

wow a 6 month music festival  >>>>:-)

Why are $ amounts at all relevant to  such Thailand concerns: also, whose $ (they come from very many countries)?? 

36 minutes ago, Unamerican said:

Why are $ amounts at all relevant to  such Thailand concerns: also, whose $ (they come from very many countries)?? 

The financial requirement is 500,000 THB, or it's equivalent in any bank account.
Depending on your nationality, you need to convert your currency to BHT to ensure you qualify.

On 5/30/2024 at 10:00 AM, JayClay said:

I imagine this visa will be very popular amongst the unmarried under 50s. I wonder the price of the agent-assisted fee for those without the financial proof.

Or, maybe like with the METV they will allow you to self-declare.

I wonder if they'll be any silly restrictions on having to apply in your country of residence. That would be pretty dumb for a visa designed to entice digital nomads, but TIT, right?

Have to apply outside of Thailand.

I successfully applied for a DTV via the e-visa system at the London embassy.

The two "requests for further documents" were

i) not having £11,000 in a current account but rather in a savings account. Savings accounts in the UK usually issue statements annually whilst current accounts issue statements monthly. They really want to see £11,000 on a statement within the last 30 days.

ii) my standard work contract does not specify that I can work remotely.

To resolve issue i) I explained my position and the fact I rarely keep £11,000 in my current account along with lots of financial evidence.

To resolve issue ii) I provided a genuine letter from my manager in the UK. This tallied with my salary shown on my current account statements and all other information and documentation previously provided. As part of the application, you are asked at the initial stage who your employer is.

So, I am good for 5 years unless Immigration move the goalposts and don't honour the visa issued by the MFA via the embassies. 😀

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I successfully applied for a DTV via the e-visa system at the London embassy.

The two "requests for further documents" were

i) not having £11,000 in a current account but rather in a savings account. Savings accounts in the UK usually issue statements annually whilst current accounts issue statements monthly. They really want to see £11,000 on a statement within the last 30 days.

ii) my standard work contract does not specify that I can work remotely.

To resolve issue i) I explained my position and the fact I rarely keep £11,000 in my current account along with lots of financial evidence.

To resolve issue ii) I provided a genuine letter from my manager in the UK. This tallied with my salary shown on my current account statements and all other information and documentation previously provided. As part of the application, you are asked at the initial stage who your employer is.

So, I am good for 5 years unless Immigration move the goalposts and don't honour the visa issued by the MFA via the embassies. 😀

Is there a minimum salary or income that you must receive from your employer to qualify? Can the payments from your employer be paid on a monthly basis?

As long as you have a bank account with over 500k baht in it, I presume it shouldn't matter how much is your salary or income. Even earning $100/month should be sufficient?

Edited by bbi1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is there a minimum salary or income that you must receive from your employer to qualify? Can the payments from your employer be paid on a monthly basis?

Maybe it depends on the embassy? In Denmark, they did not ask for proof of income; I have my own business and they just wanted to see proof that I have a business.

Just reading the user manual for submitting visa applications. Do you actually need to provide Accomodation Name, Travel Booking Confirmation and Proof of Accommodation in Thailand as per Page 30 and Page 31 of: https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf Seems that this is mandatory as it's got a red asterisks next to both.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Just reading the user manual for submitting visa applications. Do you actually need to provide Accomodation Name, Travel Booking Confirmation and Proof of Accommodation in Thailand as per Page 30 and Page 31 of: https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf Seems that this is mandatory as it's got a red asterisks next to both.

Evisa application asks for flight in date, point of entry, flight number, date of exit and address in Thailand but no proof for any of these. I guess the embassy could follow-up and ask for bookings but they didn’t with my application

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

As long as you have a bank account with over 500k baht in it, I presume it shouldn't matter how much is your salary or income. Even earning $100/month should be sufficient?

Correct. No minimum salary. Frequency of salary payments thus irrelevant. 500k Baht or £11,000 in the UK is required.

My point being that the salary payments backed up the employment evidence which is a separate section to the financial evidence.

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Don’t know about minimum income. Application does ask for annual income in US$ with different ranges available.

No specific field for uploading proof of income and my bank account was a savings account rather than current account with regular salary going in.

My letter (as proof of employment / ability to work remotely) included a list of clients and gross profit.

I have heard that people get asked for personal tax self-assessments to show income but they didn’t with me.

Pure speculation but maybe they’d be looking for income over 65k baht a month expected for a retiree (only benchmark I know of)? If small income, maybe that could be offset by higher savings e.g. 800k a year x 5 year validity of visa so 4million total between savings and income??? Don’t know. Seen nothing written and pure speculation.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses. They may issue a lot of these visas. Will they either

a) stop issuing them

b) reduce the 5-year validity to say 1 year

c) make them harder to get

d) make them more expensive

e) have Immigration make entry difficult.

I just can't see it going on for a long time.