Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

I don't like Trump and Trump voters (in general), and I would love to see him in prison.

But I understand that this guilty verdict will do little to his popularity.

What did he really do? He f#$#$ someone who was not his wife and he paid to cover this up. I wonder how many politicians did that already. And how many of those other politicians were dragged to court about that and convicted?

This case is totally blown out of proportion.

Why don't American prosecutors spend more effort to convict him of real crimes like his involvement in the 6-Jan insurrection?

And then there are his voters. Why do about 70,000,000 Americans think this serial liar is suitable for that job?

How is it possible that especially the bible thumpers love him? Does he do anything according to the bible?

America and Americans are just strange.

I guess in that way Trump is a good choice for them. One of them, who represents them.

I only feed sad from the decent Americans who have to live with that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The cult thinks a bloated, whiny crybaby is somehow an Alpha Male, when in reality he is a weak, insecure little child who finally had his lifelong cocoon pierced. No daddy to co-sign his loans nor bail him out.

Wow! I did not know you knew Trump personally. Were you his psychiatrist? 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

If the cult didn't exist, the Repubs could have a cakewalk to the White House by choosing a non-convicted felon candidate. The cult runs too deep, however. Own goal.

GUARANTEED the convicted felon will become even more deranged, violent and bizarre as we move forward. That is going to alienate more swing voters than the conviction itself. The cult is going to stay with him no matter what, just as members of his cult here are doing. Swing voters, however, are key.

Had the convicted felon not installed his daughter-in-law as head of the RNC, rationality and pragmatism might have entered and Repubs would have dropped him and chosen Haley or DeSantis of someone who could beat Biden.

For first time ever I agree with first sentence.

Seems the more obstacles Trump is thrown the better he does in the polls. Bet the democrats didn't see that coming.

• Haha 2

All Trump has to do is announce criminal justice reform and a minimum of 30% of black voters will support him. 

However, it has been my long-held opinion that the US justice system is cruel and absurd. The strange thing is, the Democrats broadly agree. The foundation of the US system is legalistic bullying and plea deals. Plead guilty to X and you'll get 5 years, dare ask for a jury trial and we'll land you with ten more charges and you'll be looking at 25 years. 

Each and every one of us has seen that play out. 

The idea that people can be sentenced to 600 years in jail is the definition of moronic. In the UK the maximum sentence is whole life. And we give legal aid so that people have a chance of a fair trial. 

The ghost of King Pyrrhus is wandering around today. Some "victories" just ain't worth it. And before the TDS Brigade launches into frothing attacks - I'm of the opinion that other criminal investigations against Trump had more merit. This one is farcical. 

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Wow, you're adding such value to the Forum! Why did you wait so long to join and deprive the members of your 'wisdom'?

Obviously you have no actual point to make, just attacks.

One might reasonably infer from your comments that you hate the American system, rule of law, and democracy.

Thank you.  

I was responding to an attack.  Do you consider the post that I replied to as a post of value?  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1