Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

9 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not only Trump but any convicted criminal should not be able to run for office.

Time to do some amending.

Interesting timing to reach such a conclusion.

Purely coincidental I'm sure 😃.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Interesting timing to reach such a conclusion.

Purely coincidental I'm sure 😃.

I'd like to say I'm surprised no-one has pushed for an amendment before, but with the number of outright crooks in office it's not really a shocker is it?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Sad, but undeniably true.

He will foment violence. In his campaign he will bark about the 'rigged and corrupt' Justice system and promise to destroy 250 years of the American Experiment. Equally sadly, there is a subset of voters who hate the American system, hate democracy, and hate equality of all under the law.

I worry for the jurors, should their identities become known.

I agree, Walker. My thoughts, however, also reflect on where that hate and rejection of the American system stems from. I suspect that those of us who want to see Trump and his ilk rejected, are also open to recognizing serious issues within our system. I am thinking that if a substantial number of citizens believe or can be so easily convinced on the basis of evident shortcomings that the system is failing to address their needs ... well, that therein lies the problem. Oh, I do not agree that all is lost, but I do have to recognize the serious faults ... politicians reliant on money to get elected being influenced in the passing of legislation, a justice system where having money to pay the "dream team of lawyers vs the public defender, 50 states different education systems reliant on money from property taxes resulting in a deep divide between rich/poor communities. An immigration system and Social Security system that has seen both major political parties "kick the can down the road" resulting in ateetering future.There is a lot of systematic changes that must be made if we are to prevent collapse.

• Agree 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll need to go back and check your predictions for Convicted Felon Trump’s indictment, prosecution, trial, and conviction before putting too much store in further predictions you might have.

Of course, this is a rhetorical post. You and I (as well as ALL people with working brains) know the kind of trash you'd have to wallow through if you did that. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Moncul said:

How
And, of course, ridiculously exaggerated.

We will see - when your mobs started all those riots and burning etc., after Hillary lost, it was so easily started and lasted quite a while. The right wing rarely ever do that (ever noticed) - but when they do, it never ends well for the left.  Long way to go to get to that point (we both hope), but this is a pivotal moment.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wrwest said:

I agree, Walker. My thoughts, however, also reflect on where that hate and rejection of the American system stems from. I suspect that those of us who want to see Trump and his ilk rejected, are also open to recognizing serious issues within our system. I am thinking that if a substantial number of citizens believe or can be so easily convinced on the basis of evident shortcomings that the system is failing to address their needs ... well, that therein lies the problem. Oh, I do not agree that all is lost, but I do have to recognize the serious faults ... politicians reliant on money to get elected being influenced in the passing of legislation, a justice system where having money to pay the "dream team of lawyers vs the public defender, 50 states different education systems reliant on money from property taxes resulting in a deep divide between rich/poor communities. An immigration system and Social Security system that has seen both major political parties "kick the can down the road" resulting in ateetering future.There is a lot of systematic changes that must be made if we are to prevent collapse.

As an outsider, it is shocking just much your politicians are in thrall to corporate donors.

No wonder they're so tone deaf to the public's wishes most of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Moncul said:

I'd like to say I'm surprised no-one has pushed for an amendment before, but with the number of outright crooks in office it's not really a shocker is it?

And yet here you are, calling for it the day after Trump gets a conviction.

Not politically motivated of course 😄.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

And yet here you are, calling for it the day after Trump gets a conviction.

Not politically motivated of course 😄.

I wasn't calling for anything. Please don't make stuff up.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

34 charges for basically the same 'offense' ... :cheesy:

" In total, 34 false entries were made in New York business records to conceal the initial covert $130,000 payment."

Off to the gallow with you ...

... I smell divorce in 2025, now that's going to be expensive :coffee1:

I don't know. I mean how much money can Melania give him?

Certainly not enough to cover his $465 million bank and insurance fraud judgement, nor the $88 million for E Jean Carroll.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't get carried away.

There won't be another trial before the election.

He may well win the election. 

If he loses, then he will be headed to long prison terms (basically life at his age) based on the other cases.

So he's running for his life.

Not for the constitution.

Not for the American people (more like for the Russian people).

But only to save his sorry ass. 

as they say in the lock up - ''fresh meat'' . my guess is that he'll have a heart attack one of these days. he is without a doubt delusional.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

There are  multiples queries on here as to whether one can accept the verdict as guilty.

I don't know exactly what 'accept' means. At the begonning of the trial Judge Merchan advised Trump and his attorneys that if Tump does not show up every day the court is in session, the judge will issue a warrant for his immediate arrest. So this I accept as the real thing.

Do I 'agree' with the verdict? No.

"The jurors reached a verdict in the late afternoon, after less than 12 hours of deliberation in the hush money criminal case.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4685007-jury-reaches-verdict-trump-hush-money-trial/

The Jury instructions were 48 pages before getting to the standard every trial-type instructions.

I don't see how the jury could have read and commented on points raised in 12 hours. And as even left-leaning legal pros have commented, there are issues in Judge Merchan's pre-trial rulings that are fodder for appeal.

But I guarantee that even when this is over-turned on Appeal, the loony lefties will be stating that Trump is a 'convicted impeached felon'.

Somewhow, they think the partisan people in their biased justice system have given them what they need - another insult against Trump.

Truly delusional - Delusional comes from a Latin word meaning "deceiving." So delusional thinking is kind of like deceiving yourself by believing outrageous things.

But of course a delusional person, will turn that back on you and say that you are the delusional one - their own cognitive bias will never allow them to think for a moment that they could be wrong.

Here is something for them to 'think' about.  Trump is an arrogant bullying person with clear personal tendancies towards narcissism.  Exactly the same as Obama and Bill Clinton - but not as good looking as either of them. But as a POTUS he did (or tried to do) what he said he was going to do - and he will do that again when he is the next POTUS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The Democrats may have unwittingly created a martyr.  

Who knows ,One thing for sure Trump ain’t going nowhere!

Be interesting to see his next rally and how many flag waving patriots he gets

to attend!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1