Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Most of America would do the same thing. Convicted felon Trump being a political prisoner is bs

ftfy

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you ever listen to Mitt Romney?

As one of (only) 7 Republican Senators who voted for conviction in the Jan6 impeachment proceedings against Trump, I think Mitt Romney deserves a reasonable listening.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's a couple of very simple questions that even those who favor the convicted felon should be able to answer:

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---whether one candidate tried to subvert the will of the people and stop the certification of a free and fair election?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why one candidate took highly classified documents to his country club, without authorization, that could jeopardize US national security and the identities of foreign clandestine intelligence assets and operations? I ask "why" because clearly he did take the documents. That is not in any dispute, not even by him. Also, why did he subsequently LIE about returning all of the documents? Do the American people have a right to know what he intended to do with these thousands of highly classified documents that have absolutely nothing to do with running a country club?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he pressured the Georgia SecState to "just find me...11,780 votes" and---per the indictment---violate RICO statutes?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he called supporters to DC for 6 January 2021, Tweeting "It'll be WILD!", and then why did he tell them to "march to the Capitol" and "fight like hell", when all that was happening at the Capitol that day was the pro forma certification of the election 50 States and territories had already certified as his loss?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he sat idle in the Oval Office for 187 minutes, while the violence that destroyed Capitol property and injured 140 police officers was happening live on TV around the world as he himself watched, but he refused to call out the DC National Guard, despite the President having sole authority to do so (the Speaker lacks that authority)?

He claims "I'm the most innocent man in the world...totally innocent" and "Nobody is more innocent than me". Since he has been indicted for acts that suggest otherwise, should he not only WANT, but be required---as any other American citizen would be required---to prove his innocence through the legal system, and BEFORE the people vote?

Or do his supporters believe the Founding Fathers of the United States of America were wrong and that some people are above the law and totally immune? Do his supporters believe the United States should have its own lese majeste laws where not only is its leader infallible, but no criticism, much less a criminal indictment, should be allowed?

Pretty easy questions. I await answers from his supporters.

Well put. It will be interesting to see how they deflect, deny, or obfuscate these points.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's a couple of very simple questions that even those who favor the convicted felon should be able to answer:

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---whether one candidate tried to subvert the will of the people and stop the certification of a free and fair election?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why one candidate took highly classified documents to his country club, without authorization, that could jeopardize US national security and the identities of foreign clandestine intelligence assets and operations? I ask "why" because clearly he did take the documents. That is not in any dispute, not even by him. Also, why did he subsequently LIE about returning all of the documents? Do the American people have a right to know what he intended to do with these thousands of highly classified documents that have absolutely nothing to do with running a country club?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he pressured the Georgia SecState to "just find me...11,780 votes" and---per the indictment---violate RICO statutes?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he called supporters to DC for 6 January 2021, Tweeting "It'll be WILD!", and then why did he tell them to "march to the Capitol" and "fight like hell", when all that was happening at the Capitol that day was the pro forma certification of the election 50 States and territories had already certified as his loss?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he sat idle in the Oval Office for 187 minutes, while the violence that destroyed Capitol property and injured 140 police officers was happening live on TV around the world as he himself watched, but he refused to call out the DC National Guard, despite the President having sole authority to do so (the Speaker lacks that authority)?

He claims "I'm the most innocent man in the world...totally innocent" and "Nobody is more innocent than me". Since he has been indicted for acts that suggest otherwise, should he not only WANT, but be required---as any other American citizen would be required---to prove his innocence through the legal system, and BEFORE the people vote?

Or do his supporters believe the Founding Fathers of the United States of America were wrong and that some people are above the law and totally immune? Do his supporters believe the United States should have its own lese majeste laws where not only is its leader infallible, but no criticism, much less a criminal indictment, should be allowed?

If your questions are 'Does the voting public have a LEGAL right to know?', the answer is NO.

33 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I think before people vote, a list of candidates who have not done any of the listed 'infractions' should be available to the voters.

List would probably look something like this ...

Honest, law abiding candidates to vote for:

... End of list

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, candide said:

Yet I am able to prove you wrong. That's not a compliment for you! 

Short of argument again?

I have an international experience so I am not without any such knowledge. Anyway  my life is not a thread topic.

"An International Experience". Yeah, I have those too every time I go to Nana, but that doesnt qualify me to opine on a Thai language message Board about Thai politics.

But hey, go back into your own history and study the Dreyfus trial. Good analogy to Trumps case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Yagoda said:

OK, well thats fine. Your first language isnt English and you have no understanding of Anglo Saxon jurisprudence or how American politics work or the issues involved and you dont live in a place like Mar a Largo so your opinion as to anyhting in this thread is suspect.

Mar a Lago is such a fine old Anglo Saxon name don't you think? 🧐 

In fact, whilst we are on the subject of Anglo Saxon names, - no I won't go there!

Edited by herfiehandbag

35 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As one of (only) 7 Republican Senators who voted for conviction in the Jan6 impeachment proceedings against Trump, I think Mitt Romney deserves a reasonable listening.

We could say the same of Lindsey Graham, a vociferous opponent of Trump who turned on a dime to become one of his most ardent lickspittles.

The Republicans , former claimants to being ‘the party of law and order, don’t have a moral compass between them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Mar a Lago is such a fine old Anglo Saxon name don't you think? 😀

Spanish, innit? Whats your point?

On 5/31/2024 at 7:50 AM, Yagoda said:

Anyone who supports the verdict in this farce of a case and doesnt acknowledge the fact that it will be reversed on appeal is an enemy to me and my family and my country.

38 pages and still my favorite post.

Don’t tread on the rattle snake folks, there’s real danger the ketchup might hit the wall.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Spoken by the man with the blatantly rascist avatar viciously denigrating Native Americans.

Its called projection.

No, it's called denial. Not even gonna start on YOUR avatar cuz it means nothing, just like your posts.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Spoken by the man with the blatantly rascist avatar viciously denigrating Native Americans.

Its called projection.

You got something against Tonto ... :cheesy:

Hint:  Johnny Depp playing a fictitious movie character

Aside from that, you are forgetting you are on the 'Commonwealth' forum.   Anything & everything, not part of the commonwealth countries is always a negative.  

Especially; USA, RU, CH & TH of course

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It sounds like you are copying @Yellowtail:

Demand to have the charges against Trump explained to you.

If nobody explains them, claim this means that Trump is innocent.

If somebody explains the charges, forget the next day, and demand that someone explain the charges to you.

If you think that is what I said, you possibly have learning difficulties or are a liar.  🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Anything beyond the indictment itself, then NO.