Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025?

Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, connda said:

Russian President Putin has made Russia's red-line clear to Western leaders.

I can make my red line clear to the government how much in taxes I will pay this year. I can make my read line to immigration how much paperwork I'm willing to do per year. We all can make our red lines to anybody.

Questions is if you can actually enforce your red lines ... .

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Putin is doing a Kim Jong Un.  He has to keep threatening nuclear armageddon to try to discourage the West from supporting Ukraine.

Question is, does the west dare to take that chance?

• Confused 2

I’d like to think not.  Probably because things usually work out without such dire consequences. Unfortunately, the politicians in Europe and DC seem to be caught up in some sort of mass delusion and may actually believe their own nonsense.  And that’s scary.  Firing missiles into Russia is a bad idea.  

With any luck, Western politicians will have a moment of clarity and realize that the unipolar world is rapidly fading away. Western hegemony cannot be maintained.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I’d like to think not.  Probably because things usually work out without such dire consequences. Unfortunately, the politicians in Europe and DC seem to be caught up in some sort of mass delusion and may actually believe their own nonsense.  And that’s scary.  Firing missiles into Russia is a bad idea.  

With any luck, Western politicians will have a moment of clarity and realize that the unipolar world is rapidly fading away. Western hegemony cannot be maintained.

You are much more optimistic than I am. Western politicians have lost the plot Majority of European politicians are too weak. Just look at Scholz’s reaction when Biden said that America would put an end to NS, thereby damaging Germany’s economy to no end. Just look at how the Scandinavian politicians are too afraid to release their findings on this terrorist act.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Too afraid to defy that hegemony and too racist to support the alternative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

No, not in the near future. This is not to say that the possibility of a nuclear event won’t happen initiated by a country such as Israel, Iran or Russia. In my opinion, a ground war between superpowers would occur first, not by proxy, before for a global nuclear event to occur, it could happen a few hours, days, weeks or months after the conflict begins.  Nobody wants such a devastating event to happen, not even psychopathic dictators. Instead they use fear and propaganda that causes confusion and chaos. It’s very effective and even world leaders and politicians fall for it,  people watch and read the media and get false information overload and develop unrealistic scenarios, predictions and beliefs, and there begins the mass hysteria. The propaganda tool has been in the works for decades. Mao Zedong’s goal and his visionary dream was to export his revolution globally, it’s been in process. Khrushchev declared to the free world at the UN that “We do not have to invade the US, we will destroy you from within”. And yes, it to has been in progress. I remember during the 70’s and early 80’s while at various universities across the US I noticed a flood of people handing out communist flyers, a lot of these folks were wearing red berets apostatizing their commie nonsense mostly at places where the counterculture folks were hanging out at. Now, as we can see, it’s been very effective on the duped and scammed.

Edited by novacova
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

No one was talking about nukes till Russia invade its cousins, Russia is the only country threatening nukes. NATO are left with no option

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

That is the 8 billion question.

I can think of some important things to destroy humanity over, but Ukraine is not one of them.

IMO, the next intelligent species to inhabit the Earth will excavate the radioactive remains of our civilization and wonder at how insane we were as a species.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I believe if there’s a nuclear war in Europe/US, Asia would still be quite safe, unless China gets involved. It could be a global reset, with China taking over the reins and finally bringing peace and prosperity to those parts of the world that survives.

Might not be a bad thing, from humanities viewpoint.

China will bring peace? 

• Haha 2

No, for a simple reason.

People in power plan things many years / decades in advance.

They wouldnt be making so many plans for the future and investing billions if they thought it's all coming to an end.

Microsoft Project Stargate 2028 - Investing over 100 billion dollars 

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

NO ... for simple reason, there's no profit to be made.

A pandemic ... more likely, very profitable

war in oil producing country ... yea, more profits

end to UA/RU conflict, no, too profitable

end to mid east/jews/muslims conficts ... definitely no

end to MMCC/CC/GW ... no, too profitable

blackrock cannot rebuild a wasteland.

• Agree 1

Just look at Scholz’s reaction when Biden said that America would put an end to NS, thereby damaging Germany’s economy to no end.

What is NS? Google is of no assistance.

Please remember that we do not all understand your code abbreviations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you claiming that their nukes don't work?

Not like the British ones - how embarassing was that? Fire off a test missle of your "nuclear deterrent" and see it fall into the sea? 

• Haha 1

Just now, nglodnig said:

Not like the British ones - how embarassing was that? Fire off a test missle of your "nuclear deterrent" and see it fall into the sea? 

Oh how embarrassing that must have been.

I'm luvin' it when the warmongers are made to look like fools.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Squishing a little bit harder, 12 new Us bases in Norway is an reality

Cant really say I Im to exited about stronger presence of Us in Nordic territory, but for now they are still our allie for good and bad, or was it bad and good? Thinking of Lybia, and Afghanistan, for those failures we participated bravely in! 

If Putin uses Nukes, he knews it is suicide! 

+ Sweeden, Finland and Denmark

Nordic context

Norway's SDCA with the US was signed in April 2021 and ratified by the Norwegian parliament in June 2022.

In this winter's updated edition, only Appendix A has been changed to include new agreed areas – from four to twelve.

The update followed Sweden, Finland, and Denmark's signing of bilateral defense agreements (DCAs) with the US in December.

These correspond to the Norwegian-American agreement of 2022 but open up far more agreed areas: 17 in Sweden (of which four are in the North), 15 in Finland (of which five are in the North), and three in Denmark (none in Greenland or the Faroe Islands)

Read more

https://www.highnorthnews.com/en/norways-parliament-agrees-give-us-access-new-military-areas-north