Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025?

Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

At any rate, Putin would dead within a couple of hours of ordering an attack.

Along with most of the life on the planet within the time it takes for the radiation to travel around the planet.

They tell me nuclear winter isn't much fun either.

Hopefully the next dominant species is a better guest on Planet earth that we were.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They've been predicting nuclear war for as long as I can remember.  Over 60+ years, back in the day when everyone wanted a bomb shelter/cellar :cheesy:

All they did was add more silly scenarios.  1973 we were running out of oil/gas, when the refineries in Philly, PA were full up, but simply simply not delivering to stations.

Of course, shortages of everything else on the shelves, with silly price increases.

Along with all the other human existence ending BS ... 

Now it's pandemics, GW, CC/MMCC.  Every bug and CC influencing shortages & rise in prices everywhere.

Sheeple believe anything they're told ... kind of embarrassing really :coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I believe if there’s a nuclear war in Europe/US, Asia would still be quite safe, unless China gets involved. It could be a global reset, with China taking over the reins and finally bringing peace and prosperity to those parts of the world that survives.

Might not be a bad thing, from humanities viewpoint.

In the words of Mr. McEnroe: "You cannot be serious?"

Mass destruction and loss of life affecting +/-10% of the world's population. Huge economic, environmental and societal damage which would take decades to repair (assuming that repair might even be possible).

Yep, there's a lot to recommend nuclear war from a "humanities viewpoint".

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RayC said:

In the words of Mr. McEnroe: "You cannot be serious?"

Mass destruction and loss of life affecting +/-10% of the world's population. Huge economic, environmental and societal damage which would take decades to repair (assuming that repair might even be possible).

Yep, there's a lot to recommend nuclear war from a "humanities viewpoint".

Ah, Johnnie boy. If I’m not mistaken, my first ever tennis racket was a John McEnroe max or something like that, wooden frame. I fitted cat gut strings to it.

I have no idea how SEA would be impacted if Russia and the US started firing nuclear bombs at each other. I guess it depends a lot on how many bombs as well. If 1 bomb hits Moscow and one bomb hits DC, then I guess the impact on us here in Thailand would be minimal. China has a no first use policy so I reckon we are pretty safe.

No big loss if the majority of Caucasians get wiped off the map. I’m sure some Japanese would even celebrate. Karma, I think they call it.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Of course. But then, you’re a nobody. Russia is a superpower with nuclear bombs.

And you would know, with your Red insider information, eh..........:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mania said:

But if we threaten the universe with nuclear rubbish hopefully they step in & take the warmongering kids toys away from them.

what ? 

not sure we have a nuke big enough to have much impact on the universe.

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

It isn't. It is the largest country in the World, with the GDP of Italy. Russia is spending disproportionate amount in military ventures that make you believe it is a superpower.

Yes, but wars are fought with weapons, not luxury handbags. The Russian industrial capacity ranks No 1 in Europe.

https://www.intellinews.com/long-read-china-and-russia-the-industrial-production-superpowers-that-could-win-a-war-314926/

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, RayC said:

Although I disagree with most of your premises I have, generally speaking, thought that you have raised some interesting points and, by and large, offered a coherent argument in support of your point of view.

Sadly, that no longer seems to be the case.

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that. I would like to return your compliment by saying that you are at least willing to consider both sides of the coin when it comes to the Russian Ukraine conflict. Sadly, you are pretty much alone in the “other” camp. I believe that we have had one or two exchanges where we dealt with facts and reality and while we may have agreed to disagree, we have kept it civil.

I’m guessing that you have taken exception to my comment about Caucasians. If so, then I apologise to you and you alone as you have shown yourself to be genuinely interested in a serious discourse of current matters.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, stoner said:

what ? 

not sure we have a nuke big enough to have much impact on the universe.

555 I cannot presume to know all that the universe entails. Nor do I know what every form of life is.... 😉 

But yeah if enough folks think that nukes don't have...that much?...impact .....then I guess we get what we deserve 😉 

Edited by mania

2 hours ago, mania said:

But yeah if enough folks think that nukes don't have...that much?...impact

on the universe. you forgot that part. if we are only talking about our planet then ok different subject.  

do you think if a nuke went off in brazil for example that the fine people of mars would be impacted in any way ? 

i wonder what kind of long term effects a nuke in sydney would have on alpha centauri. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

They've been predicting nuclear war for as long as I can remember.  Over 60+ years, back in the day when everyone wanted a bomb shelter/cellar :cheesy:

All they did was add more silly scenarios.  1973 we were running out of oil/gas, when the refineries in Philly, PA were full up, but simply simply not delivering to stations.

Of course, shortages of everything else on the shelves, with silly price increases.

Along with all the other human existence ending BS ... 

Now it's pandemics, GW, CC/MMCC.  Every bug and CC influencing shortages & rise in prices everywhere.

Sheeple believe anything they're told ... kind of embarrassing really :coffee1:

Good post, The bleating from the flock is becoming deafening. Baaaaah.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

No big loss if the majority of Caucasians get wiped off the map. I’m sure some Japanese would even celebrate. Karma, I think they call it.

Probably be dancing in the street, and having celebrations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I might not be correct on the timeline.  Before 2025? Maybe. Sometime during 2025. Maybe. But imho most likely before 2026.  But we are at a tipping point no less serious than the Cuban Missile Crisis.  At my age I thought I'd gork from old age - now? 

Probably nuked.  If in Chiang Mai - crispified at a few hundred million degrees Celsius.  If not in Chiang Mai - probably slowly "nuclear-winter frozen" or slowly dying of radiation poisoning.

::cheesy: "You're nuts - that will never happen."

Of course not.  But in the meanwhile keep reading analysis by someone other than a cable news clone or military analysts who are aligned with Western foreign offices.

"This is a continuation of the pattern in which the NATO forces recognize they are losing the war in Ukraine, with the fragile lines of defense breaking, and the NATO response is to escalate. This is not accidental, but very deliberate. It is not the first attack on the Russian nuclear triad. The ideological folks are seeing their world crumbling, after flying the rainbow flag over conservative countries and [waging] perpetual wars. They are frantic and could escalate to nuclear war to get out of the bind. They are taking a series of baby steps, and respond that ‘they don’t do anything in response,’ and so they keep taking baby steps until one of them lands on a land mine and we are into World War III. (…) Putin is very aware of the disconnect in the West, who keep saying he is just saber rattling, but he is not—he is informing the West of the dangerous reality.
- Col. Richard H. Black (JAG), former US Senator, Virginia

There are more and more military analysts who are warning of the same outcomes. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, connda said:

I might not be correct on the timeline.  Before 2025? Maybe. Sometime during 2025. Maybe. But imho most likely before 2026.  But we are at a tipping point no less serious than the Cuban Missile Crisis.  At my age I thought I'd gork from old age - now? 

Probably nuked.  If in Chiang Mai - crispified at a few hundred million degrees Celsius.  If not in Chiang Mai - probably slowly "nuclear-winter frozen" or slowly dying of radiation poisoning.

::cheesy: "You're nuts - that will never happen."

Of course not.  But in the meanwhile keep reading analysis by someone other than a cable news clone or military analysts who are aligned with Western foreign offices.

"This is a continuation of the pattern in which the NATO forces recognize they are losing the war in Ukraine, with the fragile lines of defense breaking, and the NATO response is to escalate. This is not accidental, but very deliberate. It is not the first attack on the Russian nuclear triad. The ideological folks are seeing their world crumbling, after flying the rainbow flag over conservative countries and [waging] perpetual wars. They are frantic and could escalate to nuclear war to get out of the bind. They are taking a series of baby steps, and respond that ‘they don’t do anything in response,’ and so they keep taking baby steps until one of them lands on a land mine and we are into World War III. (…) Putin is very aware of the disconnect in the West, who keep saying he is just saber rattling, but he is not—he is informing the West of the dangerous reality.
- Col. Richard H. Black (JAG), former US Senator, Virginia

There are more and more military analysts who are warning of the same outcomes. 

With that much concern ... any preparation for your inevitable NA.

Starting to store; food, rice, canned meats, water, installing solar.  Above or below ground bunker ?

Tick Tock ... the end is near :coffee1:

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

With that much concern ... any preparation for your inevitable NA.

Starting to store; food, rice, canned meats, water, installing solar.  Above or below ground bunker ?

Tick Tock ... the end is near :coffee1:

Nope.  Why?

29 minutes ago, connda said:

Nope.  Why?

If I really thought the end was near, I'd make some arrangements to last at least 6 months without the need to leave the house.  Maybe a whole rainy season to have radiation 'dust' at least out of the air.

If any chance of surviving long term.  I'm only 69 yrs old, wife & kid much younger :coffee1:

A nuclear war would be bad for everyone on earth, and especially bad for those who survive the first few hours. I think many people fall to realize the extent to which we now live in a global environment. There would be no winners. The catastrophe would be a global affair.  

Would the internet survive a global thermonuclear war?  Would ATM machines still work? What about your fiat currency? Would you still be able to obtain whatever medication you need? What about cell phone service? Food distribution? Oil? Food? Electricity?  Water?

Face it. You would be screwed.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If I really thought the end was near, I'd make some arrangements to last at least 6 months without the need to leave the house.  Maybe a whole rainy season to have radiation 'dust' at least out of the air.

If any chance of surviving long term.  I'm only 69 yrs old, wife & kid much younger :coffee1:

Very few people will survive a strategic nuclear war with the exception of those in "continuity of government" bunkers build by national entities and perhaps some millionaire and billionaire types who believe there will be something left on the surface that they can leverage to enrich themselves in a Mad Max sorta way.

For some reason the neo-con "crazies-in-the-basement" think that there is going to be such thing as a Limited Nuclear War.  It's not going to happen.  Russia's nuclear doctrine calls for a full strategic nuclear response to any nuclear attack on its territories.  The neo-con thinking is that "Russia is bluffing."  Yeah - I doubt that Russia is bluffing.  Nor China.  Nor the DPRK.  If nukes fly - they all fly. 

Now survival.  Well, if you are in a "continuity of government" bunker your long-term survival may be better than most - assuming that the "continuity of government" bunker you are in isn't already targeted by a bunker-busting nuke.  Then you'll no doubt live the life of a "Morlock" as the psychopaths who create this Hell On Earth go underground to breed the future of humanity <laughs>.  Something like the final scene of Dr. Strangelove.  :wink: 

For the plebs?  Probably depends where on Earth you're located.  Will there be survivors?  Maybe.  My guess they'll most likely be in under-developed, agrarian societies with the most societal cohesion and where there is enough sunlight to still grow food.  Most people? Not going to survive. 

But for those who wish to paint a rosy picture of the life of an Eloi-existance post-nuclear-armagedon for the plebs who don't get immediately roasted - try places like here. 
https://thebulletin.org/2022/10/nowhere-to-hide-how-a-nuclear-war-would-kill-you-and-almost-everyone-else/#top

Personally I'd rather be at ground zero. 
You're in the PI?  Maybe you'll survive based on "computer models" (garbage in - garbage out) <laughs>.  Or not. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, connda said:

Very few people will survive a strategic nuclear war with the exception of those in "continuity of government" bunkers build by national entities and perhaps some millionaire and billionaire types who believe there will be something left on the surface that they can leverage to enrich themselves in a Mad Max sorta way.

For some reason the neo-con "crazies-in-the-basement" think that there is going to be such thing as a Limited Nuclear War.  It's not going to happen.  Russia's nuclear doctrine calls for a full strategic nuclear response to any nuclear attack on its territories.  The neo-con thinking is that "Russia is bluffing."  Yeah - I doubt that Russia is bluffing.  Nor China.  Nor the DPRK.  If nukes fly - they all fly. 

Now survival.  Well, if you are in a "continuity of government" bunker your long-term survival may be better than most - assuming that the "continuity of government" bunker you are in isn't already targeted by a bunker-busting nuke.  Then you'll no doubt live the life of a "Morlock" as the psychopaths who create this Hell On Earth go underground to breed the future of humanity <laughs>.  Something like the final scene of Dr. Strangelove.  :wink: 

For the plebs?  Probably depends where on Earth you're located.  Will there be survivors?  Maybe.  My guess they'll most likely be in under-developed, agrarian societies with the most societal cohesion and where there is enough sunlight to still grow food.  Most people? Not going to survive. 

But for those who wish to paint a rosy picture of the life of an Eloi-existance post-nuclear-armagedon for the plebs who don't get immediately roasted - try places like here. 
https://thebulletin.org/2022/10/nowhere-to-hide-how-a-nuclear-war-would-kill-you-and-almost-everyone-else/#top

Personally I'd rather be at ground zero. 
You're in the PI?  Maybe you'll survive based on "computer models" (garbage in - garbage out) <laughs>.  Or not. 

What if scenarios ... nobody knows what would happen in a nuke war.  As far as we know, all the nukes won't even function, or even exist.

Again, people are relying on info from their lying govts :cheesy:

45 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Look into the Edelweiss Dental House.  

I needed a routine dental checkup and I had seen a YouTube video by the “Retired Working for You” guy, Chris Parker.  Anyway, I figured I’d give them a try.  It worked out well.  I’d go back.

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

What if scenarios ... nobody knows what would happen in a nuke war.  As far as we know, all the nukes won't even function, or even exist.

Again, people are relying on info from their lying govts :cheesy:

Anyone remember reading about the UFOs that somehow switched off the nukes? It was a temporary thing, but I wouldn’t doubt it.  Maybe the aliens will save humanity from the Neocons. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1