Thousands March Through London Streets Waving British and English Flags

57 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Thousands of supporters of Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, descended on central London today in a dramatic display of nationalist fervor. Balaclava-clad demonstrators, waving the flag of St George and igniting smoke canisters, filled the streets as police made their first arrests.

Sorry but what is T R's point ? what does he want ? all those not white gone or what ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

The flag of St George should be proudly flown from every public building in England. 

Sadly there are many who still see it as being tarnished by it's use by far right extremists, from the BNP to the EDL and now this crop of racist grifters. 

The way to rehabilitate the image of the flag is to reclaim it. It doesn't belong to the racists; it belongs to every English man and woman. It flown with pride throughout the land.

Exactly, but how to convince local councils etc to fly the flag from buildings?

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The Union Flag (not Jack) is the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The flag of England is the St George's Cross.

Clarification complete.  

I had heard the term Union Jack before.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Clarification complete.  

I had heard the term Union Jack before.  

No problem - lots of British people call it the Union Jack too; it's more my pedantry than anything else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I am English but, just like most of the population, I had nothing to do with either the positive or negative things other people from my country did.

I've never understood the human race's obsession with taking credit for what their ancestors achieved. 

Fair enough - personally, I don't see that celebrating your heritage is taking credit for it; more, to me it's being in awe of it and, I suppose, being a little bit proud that you descend from that stock. Vain and pointless, possibly, but as long as it's not of the supremacist type of nationalism, essentially harmless.

45 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The Union Flag (not Jack) is the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The flag of England is the St George's Cross.

29 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

No problem - lots of British people call it the Union Jack too; it's more my pedantry than anything else.

According to the Flag Institute, either Union FLAG or Union JACK is correct.

https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Union-Jack-or-Union-Flag.pdf

The FI seems to come to a pragmatic solution to this controversy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No need to guess he's mentioned in the OP

By the way, do you often slur the British like this?

I know. I was referring to the "British Christians" not Fox. And I was being sarcastic. I'd have thought that was obvious. 

And I'm English. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I know. I was referring to the "British Christians" not Fox. And I was being sarcastic. I'd have thought that was obvious. 

And I'm English. 

Not obvious enough for me sorry, another coffee needed obviously

• Agree 1