Looming Over Trump’s Conviction: Reversal by the '13th Juror'

Regarding any (immediate) Supreme Court intervention:

THE FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN ACT pg. 31:

The first of the People's theories of “unlawful means" which
I will now define for you is the Federal Election Campaign Act.

"It is not clear if the federal election law violations could be the basis for prosecution in state court," Hasen said. "There is also an argument that Trump did not violate federal election law, for example, if his payments were personal and not campaign related."

Richard Pildes, law professor at New York University School of Law and an expert on constitutional law, said including the FECA violation as an "unlawful means" provided a federal question for Trump to bring to the Supreme Court.

"If the Trump team wants to argue that his actions do not amount to a violation of that federal law, the Supreme Court would have the power to decide on the proper meaning of FECA," Pildes told Salon. "Because it’s a federal law, the Supreme Court has the power to resolve the proper interpretation of that law."

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/01/ive-never-seen-that-legal-scholars-say-has-opening-to-turn-to-for-help/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If not re-run it in a red state and see what happens. If you would not be convicted of the same crime in a different political state, then it is obviously political decisions

So when I try to run a debate to decide whether Manchester United is the greatest European football team ever, I should only poll Manchester United supporters?

US politics (like most demacracies) is binary. You're pretty much either red or blue. Using your logic, if a politician has to be tried in a state where they have almost universal support, they would never be convicted of anything.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Excogitator said:

..and that makes their support for him even more baffling, and it underscores my point of them  voting against their own best interest.

For under Trump:

1 trillion dollars of wealth was transferred from ordinary working Americans to his fellow billionaires, through handouts and tax-breaks.

Hundreds of thousands died unnecessarily due to his criminal incompetence in handling the covid-pandemic.

The economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The unemployment rate increased to 6.3%. 

Illegal immigration increased.

The murder rate rose to the highest level since 1997.

The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.

The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.

And, regarding your reference to Israel, Trump gave 3-4 billion dollars in military aid to Israel and Netanyahoo every year during his term. Many of these weapons were used in the clashes then with Gaza, and in the current war.

Need I go on..?

No! That's enough drivel for one post.  LOL

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. They have his previous 4 years to know what to expect.

Meanwhile the opposing candidate can barely walk unaided, talks to dead people in public, has to use a teleprompter to know what to say, and is a warmonger. Even worse has Harris waiting to take over from him when he gets taken away to the geriatric ward.

Trumps Fangirl going off again , Clam it , Your in a Cult , why would we listen to one word , you have to say , TrumpTraitorLover , Please turn off Qanon Channel it’s affecting your mental health and ours 

Edited by Irish star
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. They have his previous 4 years to know what to expect.

Meanwhile the opposing candidate can barely walk unaided, talks to dead people in public, has to use a teleprompter to know what to say, and is a warmonger. Even worse has Harris waiting to take over from him when he gets taken away to the geriatric ward.

Donnie Dementia Donnie Depends, rambling to himself , what about when he just stopped talking for 5 minutes, mumbling to himself , holding a cup with two hands like a toddler lol do I need to go on , 5555, Cmon escape that Cult your member of and turn off Qanon Channel 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Meanwhile in the real world under this administration we have the strongest economy on the planet low unemployment making progress on the world wide fight against inflation support our allies both east and west do what we can to reign in Netanyahu (he sucks) also keeping in mind just what the folks in charge of Gaza did to bring this calamity on the Palestinians not to shabby for a guy you claim to be ready for the nursing home ehh???another words you are dead wrong

The real world? Hilarious.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Excogitator said:

..and that makes their support for him even more baffling, and it underscores my point of them  voting against their own best interest.

For under Trump:

1 trillion dollars of wealth was transferred from ordinary working Americans to his fellow billionaires, through handouts and tax-breaks.

Hundreds of thousands died unnecessarily due to his criminal incompetence in handling the covid-pandemic.

The economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The unemployment rate increased to 6.3%. 

Illegal immigration increased.

The murder rate rose to the highest level since 1997.

The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.

The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.

And, regarding your reference to Israel, Trump gave 3-4 billion dollars in military aid to Israel and Netanyahoo every year during his term. Many of these weapons were used in the clashes then with Gaza, and in the current war.

Need I go on..?

What a crock.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hmm, for those anti-Trumpers, would you be happy being a black man in court in a 98% white state, with a all white jury , a judge that donated to the KKK, whose daughter worked for the KKK, being prosecuted by a DA that ran on locking up blacks, and that key witnesses were not allowed to appear  ? Come on, get real , of course you wouldn't.

I am not saying Trump is innocent BUT, as in the example above it is so obviously rigged. If not re-run it in a red state and see what happens. If you would not be convicted of the same crime in a different political state, then it is obviously political decisions

So if I get a speeding ticket in Kentucky I should be prosecuted in Maine because I like the laws there more? NY crimes need to be prosecuted in NY. It's Trump's own fault that everyone there knows his antics too well to acquit him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Trumps Fangirl going off again , Clam it , Your in a Cult , why would we listen to one word , you have to say , TrumpTraitorLover , Please turn off Qanon Channel it’s affecting your mental health and ours 

But he has exactly the same right to post his opinion as you, me or anybody else. If you don't like his posts, then skip over them or put him on your ignore list.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Drivel , Not really he’s an International Disgrace 

But that is simply your opinion, which is worth just as much as anybody else's.

• Like 1