Biden Admin to Announce Border Executive Action by Tuesday

CharlieH

Posted (edited)

Analysis:

Biden is alienating progressives yet again — but he may have no choice

(CNN) -- Joe Biden is pushing progressives who are already sour on his presidency to the limit with a tough new executive action barring most asylum applications from migrants crossing the US-Mexico border illegally.

But the president’s weakness on one of Donald Trump’s biggest campaign issues means it’s a risk that he has no option but to take. People familiar with Biden’s strategy pointed out privately that he was in the position of taking bold action on immigration after Republicans in Congress refused to act after killing a bipartisan immigration bill to please their presumptive nominee.

If Biden wins November’s election, it will probably be because he was able to cement the most disaffected liberal Democrats behind him, while appealing to moderates and dissenting Republicans who reject Trump’s extremism. Many of the latter group feel that the border crisis is a matter of urgent national security, and Biden needs to show he takes the presidential duty of securing the homeland seriously.

(more)

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics/biden-progressives-immigration/index.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Boy, won't this be a kick in the nuts to Dems who think they're importing a bunch of future Dem voters...

CNN senior data reporter Harry Enten said Tuesday that foreign-born voters were favoring former President Donald Trump over President Joe Biden.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/06/04/no-sign-backlash-cnn-data-guru-more-foreign-born-voters-back-trump-biden/

BidenForeignvoters.jpg.032eb9ed9e1f53867524ed6fa3e19fce.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics/video/trump-biden-2024-election-us-immigration-ldn-digvid

(Watch around the 2 minute mark on the CNN video...  CNN mind you.  Even CNN is bailing on [deleted] Joe.)

Obviously, Team Biden had to know he's losing the (legal) immigrant vote.  You figure that's why they're pretending to do something at the border? 

For many months, the wingnut conspiracy guy in me predicted the polls would force Biden to do something (anything...) with the border, that he'd renege on the day after the election.  Turns out that based on the info coming out, he won't even have to do a 180 because the actions he's taking are meaningless, especially if they won't enforce anything.

Edited by stats
trolling name reference removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you have let some nut job influencer convince you that illegals can collect Social Security.  Good for you.

He convinced you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Google is friend only if you do your due diligence and research.

You made a claim. It's incumbent on you to back it up. Back it up. From the landing page of the World News Forum:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Here is another one of your hard working illegal alien criminals.  

He has been set free to commit more crimes thanks to the policies of Joe Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-jail-releases-convicted-sex-offender-despite-ice-detainer

This is classic Low Information stuff.

Your Internet friends send you an anecdote about a single offender, and your panties are in a bun.

You'll forget about it after the election.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The President of the United States is no stranger to humiliating word salads but his recent outright lie that his late uncle was eaten by cannibals is a new low that has shocked the world. 

It's a classic case of him hearing a family story about some relative, and repeating it. Happens a lot.

The relative probably absconded to New Jersey with a lady of low repute, so the family made up a story.

But, here's your Dear Leader making a shocking lie:

Trump told Fox News he never said 'lock her up.' See video of him saying it

Because you are in a cult, you can't deal with this story. So, you will ignore it.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, G_Money said:

He convinced you.

What was the point of your comment?

Your Internet friends sent you a story about some nut job illegal, and you believe what the guy is saying.

That's the real story here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Boy, won't this be a kick in the nuts to Dems who think they're importing a bunch of future Dem voters...

CNN senior data reporter Harry Enten said Tuesday that foreign-born voters were favoring former President Donald Trump over President Joe Biden.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/06/04/no-sign-backlash-cnn-data-guru-more-foreign-born-voters-back-trump-biden/

BidenForeignvoters.jpg.032eb9ed9e1f53867524ed6fa3e19fce.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics/video/trump-biden-2024-election-us-immigration-ldn-digvid

(Watch around the 2 minute mark on the CNN video...  CNN mind you.  Even CNN is bailing on sleepy Joe.)

Obviously, Team Biden had to know he's losing the (legal) immigrant vote.  You figure that's why they're pretending to do something at the border? 

For many months, the wingnut conspiracy guy in me predicted the polls would force Biden to do something (anything...) with the border, that he'd renege on the day after the election.  Turns out that based on the info coming out, he won't even have to do a 180 because the actions he's taking are meaningless, especially if they won't enforce anything.

Live by the early poll, die by the early poll.

Biden wins among likely voters who are paying attention.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

What was the point of your comment?

Your Internet friends sent you a story about some nut job illegal, and you believe what the guy is saying.

That's the real story here.

Denial is what we have come to expect from your posts.

Not to be confused with the river in Egypt.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is classic Low Information stuff.

Your Internet friends send you an anecdote about a single offender, and your panties are in a bun.

You'll forget about it after the election.

What makes you think what you post doesn't fit into that category.  There are more documented offenders, but evidently you aren't interested in anything that contradicts your High Information stuff.  Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

Just now, G_Money said:

Denial is what we have come to expect from your posts.

Not to be confused with the river in Egypt.

Wow, you still believe an illegal alien is getting Social Security benefits. Because he says so.

The more likely story is that the child is getting some Ohio State benefits, which the nutjobs calls "Seguridad Social", which is a different thing in Latin America.

1 minute ago, Hawaiian said:

What makes you think what you post doesn't fit into that category.  There are more documented offenders, but evidently you aren't interested in anything that contradicts your High Information stuff.  Ignorance is bliss.

I tend to post large amounts of data, not anecdotes. You know, like this:

Majority of independents and 'double haters' think Trump should end 2024 campaign: POLL

11 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Lost?  Lots of maps on Google.  While federal grants to Catholic Charities are not necessarily a federal program, it is still federal money.  It's just that the feds chose an indirect way to funnel aid to illegals.

Great. You can tell your Republican friends to cut Federal funding for Catholic Charities.

Actually, that would be a good idea. Socializing private charities ultimately corrupting.

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It's a classic case of him hearing a family story about some relative, and repeating it. Happens a lot.

The relative probably absconded to New Jersey with a lady of low repute, so the family made up a story.

Because you are in a cult, you can't deal with this story. So, you will ignore it.

If I say something about Biden, why do you think I support Trump? So polarized. I'm not even a Yank. I think both presidential candidates are terrible, and feel sorry for the average american to some degree, although they did vote for these two useless old men. Trump is a racist and liar, Biden is a liar, a racist and complicit in Genocide.  

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If I say something about Biden, why do you think I support Trump? So polarized. I'm not even a Yank. I think both presidential candidates are terrible, and feel sorry for the average american to some degree, although they did vote for these two useless old men. Trump is a racist and liar, Biden is a liar, a racist and complicit in Genocide.  

What do you think about Trump claiming he never said "lock her up"?

Are you so deep in the cult that you can't even think about it?

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why do the foreigners here love Trump so much?

Where are all your liberal lefty nutter mates?

Cudos for being one of the most committed lefties and keep posting rubbish to try and defend the undefendable.

Maybe now you will realise that your 'side' of the fence are very much 'fair weather friends' and will run for shelter when reality hits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What do you think about Trump claiming he never said "lock her up"?

Are you so deep in the cult that you can't even think about it?

What cult? 

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow, you still believe an illegal alien is getting Social Security benefits. Because he says so.

The more likely story is that the child is getting some Ohio State benefits, which the nutjobs calls "Seguridad Social", which is a different thing in Latin America.

“Seguridad Social"

Masters in Spanish?  I was unaware.  Can we add that to your resume?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Great. You can tell your Republican friends to cut Federal funding for Catholic Charities.

Actually, that would be a good idea. Socializing private charities ultimately corrupting.

What are you talking about? 

Edited by Mike_Hunt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What cult? 

The Cult of Trump.

Trump cultists literally ignore negative stories about Trump - they don't see them.

Like the "lock her up" story, not a single Trump cult member has commented on it. Including you.

The correct response is: "of course Trump said LOCK HER UP and he encouraged his fans to chant it. Trump is just making noise to deflect from his 34 convictions."

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

“Seguridad Social"

Masters in Spanish?  I was unaware.  Can we add that to your resume?

I am 100% fluent in Spanish. Remember that I made my living as an itinerant guitarist in central Mexico.

And I can kind of get by in Russian, and Portuguese.

It's my Thai that's the problem.

1 minute ago, G_Money said:

Why do you love illegal aliens so much?

Actually, I agree that every country has the right to defend it's borders from illegal entry.

The Republicans should fund Border Patrol so it can do it's job.

48 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Perhaps he though he was a republican?

George H.W. Bush Narrowly Avoided Being Eaten by Cannibals 74 Years Before His Death

Although Bush undoubtedly felt extreme relief as he was rescued, he'd later felt even more so when he learned of the horrors he'd managed to escape. On that mission, nine U.S. service members ejected from their aircraft, but only Bush survived.

The others were captured by the Japanese. They were beaten, tortured, beheaded and then several were eaten by the Japanese soldiers....

https://www.newsweek.com/george-hw-bush-narrowly-avoided-eaten-cannibals-74-years-death-1243761

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Did you know that illegals can't collect any of those benefits?

And, to work most jobs, they have to pay into Social Security, but can't get benefits.

That's right - *your* Social Security is funded by illegals.

"Did you know that illegals can't collect any of those benefits?"  Not according to SSA. Out of 52 million people actively receiving Social Security benefits in 2010 the SSA estimates 180,000 were undocumented immigrants.

https://councilforretirementsecurity.org/2021/01/06/setting-the-record-straight-are-undocumented-immigrants-draining-social-security

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2024 at 2:28 PM, G_Money said:

No cult.  Just real Americans tired of seeing the country going down the drain by the politicians of the left, Democrats.

These are real cult leaders.  All led their victims to death.  The last one has uncanny resemblance to Biden during his STOU.

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

So, what's your opinion on Trump claiming he never said "lock her up"?

• Agree 1