British Man Allegedly Assaults Thai Village Manager

webfact

17 hours ago, anterian said:

An interesting comparison here between the media of two countries, Thai media makes a point of naming nationalities, British media make a point of not revealing nationality or ethnicity.

try the bbc

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

speaking in riddles?

the last refuge of a man with no decent comeback..

pitiful. 

bob.

Whoopee is a comeback? Pathetic.

• Sad 1

I don't care what you all say if someone hits an old man in any country the police are called and the violent person is arrested and sent to prison, so why is it a big deal here???? Arrest the brit,, lock him up then deport him never to return

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

From the article:

Matthew, who has been living in the village with his Thai wife for several years, is known among the local security guards for his volatile temper and frequent disruptions. 

You should really read the article properly before making a tit of yourself. 

more selective editing to support your comment. You need to read the ENTIRE article particularly this section - ""Matthew's temper has always been an issue," one neighbour said on the condition of anonymity"

So as I stated and you selectively omitted again, it wasn't just the security guards who were aware of his temper, the neighbours were too.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

There are always 2 sides to every story, it would be interesting to see the footage leading up to the still image pictured.

But a young man punching an elderly man?? No excuse for that if it's true.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

But a young man punching an elderly man?? No excuse for that if it's true.

The video clearly shows that the Brit thug king hit the Thai manager. Gutless.

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Not on their own anyway.

For the benefit of the poster with the confused emo, in most cases Thai's only fight when the odds are on their side, ie four to one. Still confused??

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

For the benefit of the poster with the confused emo, in most cases Thai's only fight when the odds are on their side, ie four to one. Still confused??

And young Brits like to king hit old men?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The video clearly shows that the Brit thug king hit the Thai manager. Gutless.

True, but I only saw the still picture.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

True, but I only saw the still picture.

The video is there on Youtube, it's very clear who the aggressor was.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The video is there on Youtube, it's very clear who the aggressor was.

I never looked at Youtube, but I do take your point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2024 at 12:15 PM, Albaby said:

In England, everyone knows the ethnicity of those involved in violent crime

Of course they do, especially if they are white they report white person but if not white they don't mention colour..

MSM.are terrible...the headline that the German cop that got murdered by an Islamist terrorist read " man stabbed at far right protests"..are they crazy?😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2024 at 7:48 AM, Toby1947 said:

Onlookers rushed to help the victim. If the Brit. had been on the deck they'd have rushed to put the boot in they just love those odds. 

Has that happened to you yet? The locals sticking the boot in? No?

Don't sweat it, your time's coming.

On 6/3/2024 at 6:47 AM, wensiensheng said:

Thai media appears to be inciting racial tensions. Anything bad about a farang gets front page billing. Thai on Thai…yawn.

Or maybe these farang stories only get top billing in English Thai media in order to incite opinions among farang. Equally bad in my book.

The media should show some responsibility and report matters of consequence, not race.

It's actually just this site lol. Thai news is mostly full of more serious incidents (sometimes silly..) which of course mostly involves locals. 

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

And young Brits like to king hit old men?

I think your idea of what an old man is and mine are two entirely different things. The British guy looks to be a pensioner himself.. 

On 6/3/2024 at 9:18 AM, Srikcir said:

Does BBC count as British media?

"Ex-Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick proposes migrant crime data is published," 30 March 2024 By Suzanne Leigh,BBC News

• "Details of nationality, immigration and visa status should be recorded whenever a criminal is convicted, ex-immigration minister Robert Jenrick has proposed.
  • At the end of June 2023, there were 10,321 foreign nationals in prison in England and Wales, out of a total prison population of 85,851.
  • More than half of foreign prisoners were European. The most common nationalities were Albanian, Polish, Romanian, Irish and Jamaican."

Currently in Europe going by nationality or even 'European' has to be questioned, it can be someone from any corner of this realm. It's one of the things I respect about Thailand is that they keep some coherence to being considered Thai. You can't just move to Thailand, mooch around for 5 years and eat some pad Thai and get citizenship. 

Funny how such problems mostly arise with falangs who are married to Thai women. These ladies once they get a golden goose, tend to get heads turned and sometimes thinking no end of themselves. Add all the excessive booze and it's an explosive cocktail.

On the other hand there are also many such developpments run by falang developpers,  who love to cheat their foreign customers in overcharging various services,  providing disgraceful service and maintenance and often delivering badly finished homes to the foreigners. This also generates anger when people feel they have been cheated for their money.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 7:55 AM, bradiston said:

That's a table from the CDC, the Centre for Disease Control in the US. A bizarre listing. I'm not sure what it purports to show. The number killed I guess. Not the number killing. That many many more blacks than whites are killed by gunfire in the US is a well known fact. I guess out in Montana it would be difficult to find a black man, let alone a white one. Most of firearm homicide occurs in cities and urban ghettos. But it seems whitey is adept at gunning down schoolchildren and innocent bystanders, shoppers and every day people. He accounts for 80 of the most recent mass shootings. Blacks, 26.

https://www.enterpriseappstoday.com/stats/gun-violence-statistics.html

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/#:~:text=Mass shootings in the U.S.,ethnicity as of December 2023&text=Between 1982 and December 2023,shootings%2C and Latino in 12.

off the topic of the thread in response to bradiston.

OK, I did not go back to your original post, but I believe you said that most gun crimes are committed by whites kill who kill more people than anyone else.  What the CDC article shows are firearm homicides by race. 

Which over the years reported range from 20 to 30 out of 100,000 people are killed by black people..   About (going by memory here) ranging from about 1.5 to 2.1 out of 100,000 people are killed by whites.   Much of those statistics come from the FBI's data.  It also shows that Hispanics kill more people with guns than do whites and that Asians and Alaskans kill fewer people with guns than any other ethnicity. 

On issue of mass killings, two of the biggest mass killings were also done by white men.   One at a school (I think) back in the 1930's and the other a Federal building.   Neither of those <deleted> used a gun.  Both mass killings were done by use of explosives. 

If I remember correctly, your post addressed "mass shootings", done more by whites than any other race.  On that, I agree.   Which isn't the same thing as whites kill more people guns than any other race. 

Edited by radiochaser