‘Let’s make Britain great again’ Farrage Stuns UK Politics Announces Return For Election

6 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

6pm Thai time = 12 noon UK time, ordered the popcorn, already have plenty of Chang in fridge, spliffs rolled looking forward to watching Richard Head walk off Clacton pier.

Didn't happen. At least you can still chug/toke to comfort yourself.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I read it.

It’s full of easy promises of simple solutions to complex problems and has zero detail on how any of their easy promises would be achieved.

Which is fine because Reform will not become the Government and will never have to deliver any of it.

Then it sounds like you didn't really read it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

He actually expresses views that the majority of people agree with.  This I believe is known as "populism", otherwise known as appealing to ordinary people.  Whoever would vote for a man like that when they can doff their caps and vote for the elitists in the establishment parties?

...are you a populist, James?

bob.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Of course there is still a Brexit consideration.

In fact, it is the prevalent sentiment among voters now. It's called Bregret. I kind of doubt that Farag's reputation sparkles with the same cachet it once did among those once and future red wall voters. His promises and predictions are broken. This is his last hurrah. All he can do now is take the Tories down with him.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nauseus said:

Brexit has been handled badly, so all benefits to the country may still yet be realised. 

Rome wasn't built in a day, let's face it.

Those warm sunlit uplands are forever just over the horizon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

Can't wait for the unelected Sunak to get up in front of the cameras again to start huffing and puffing about how Nigel Farage and George Galloway are "A Danger To Our Democracy."

What "democracy?"  You mean the "democracy" where Ursula Von Der Leyden is appointed as "Fearless Leader of the EU."  That sort of Neo-Fascist "democracy?" Kinda just like the UK. 
I love if when the unelected pond-scum howl on about elected candidates being "A Danger To Our Democracy."  What they actually mean is "A Danger To Our Fascist Totalitarian Elitist Control." 

What kind of election are you referring to? How do these "elected candidates" differ electorally from Sunak?

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In fact, it is the prevalent sentiment among voters now. It's called Bregret. I kind of doubt that Farag's reputation sparkles with the same cachet it once did among those once and future red wall voters. His promises and predictions are broken. This is his last hurrah. All he can do now is take the Tories down with him.

Prevalent? I doubt that. However many Brexit voters remain disappointed that many EU laws and regulations still influence the UK. 

Brexit promises were made by many, very few of whom ended up with the power to keep them. Most people know that. 

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Those warm sunlit uplands are forever just over the horizon.

Well, just under it actually. They are closer than you think! With that gilded unicorn silhouetted atop Brexit Knoll!

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Prevalent? I doubt that. However many Brexit voters remain disappointed that many EU laws and regulations still influence the UK. 

Brexit promises were made by many, very few of whom ended up with the power to keep them. Most people know that. 

Are there any polls taken in the last year that show Brexit is still popular? 

image.png.fa85869f2a3e5d67c796fbfd083b96de.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

No, I am an elitist.  If I was in charge I would focus entirely on lining my own pockets, look after my mates in big business by mass importing cheap labour for them, coerce people to take vaccines they don't need paid for by the taxpayer (with the appropriate backhanders of course), all at the expense of ordinary people.  Normally this should not be a vote winner but I know that the majority of people in the UK are basically stupid and believe anything that my mainstream media buddies will print.  Should a "populist" like Farage come along with some compelling arguments about immigration I'll simply call him a racist and take the applause from the stupid people and bask in my virtuousness.   

Or something like that.. 

so yes then.

you are a populist.

thanks for confirming!

bob.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Brexit has been handled badly, so all benefits to the country may still yet be realised. 

Rome wasn't built in a day, let's face it.

Rome may not have been built in a day but I'd hazard a guess that - unlike  Brexiter politicians - the Roman Consuls and Senate had an idea of what they were trying to do and how to achieve it.

The much touted FTAs with the US and China are no closer to fruition than they were in 2015. Any FTA with India will, most likely, be no better than the one which the EU will agree and, quite possibly, be worse.

Patience is a virtue but is an indication that there might be something worth waiting for too much to ask?

Edited by RayC
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit to being a shout it from the rooftops Remainer, but TBH it made me get off my behind and get out of the Parish, where incidentally Rishi was my MP.

Now happy as a pig in clover in darkest Thailand, so now I couldn't give a stuff what's happening in the old Country, which to me has gone so far downhill whoever gets elected is going to have trouble pushing it back up again.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Clacton was the only seat the UKIP party won 9 years ago. That's why they put him in there. If he wins it he'll just cause trouble in Parliament and claim expenses like he did when he was an MEP.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, mrfill said:

It is a very depressing, tired town full of moaning old right wingers - ideal hunting ground for his poisonous views.

So it's a town full of moaning old right wingers (who hate to see their country swirling down the drain), and Farage will win them over with his poisonous views? And let me guess: YOU just happen to have the all the right views. Why even bother having an election when YOU already know what's best for the country.

43 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

So it's a town full of moaning old right wingers (who hate to see their country swirling down the drain), and Farage will win them over with his poisonous views? And let me guess: YOU just happen to have the all the right views. Why even bother having an election when YOU already know what's best for the country.

Bit of bad news for the people of Clacton, the waters nearly reached France and being used to bring their next lot of carers in. Nige is just there for the beer.

12 minutes ago, James105 said:

Why is it that lefties think it is acceptable to assault politicians who hold views that they disagree with?   This girl should go to jail as whilst this time it is a milkshake the next time it could be acid as leftists can be very unhinged about people who do not hold the "correct" views.    

image.png.1c2d99b80711c83737956100e3f2a381.png

Good arm, sign her up for the cricket team.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

He moved to the jungle.

He has a French wife I believe. Like Johnson, who has Czech immediate ancestry, he simply scarpered when he realised the full idiocy of his campaign. Leaving millions of young Brits fxxxed by leaving the EU.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Why is it that lefties think it is acceptable to assault politicians who hold views that they disagree with?   This girl should go to jail as whilst this time it is a milkshake the next time it could be acid as leftists can be very unhinged about people who do not hold the "correct" views.    

image.png.1c2d99b80711c83737956100e3f2a381.png

Where do you get the term "lefties" from? You're American, right? Or American right, right?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1