I beat the Booze with Tea!

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What brand are you drinking?

to be honest I have no idea!

I have a shed load of tea bags from years ago in a plastic bag.

could be a mix of many different brands..

tastes good though!

bob.

18 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I am now 30 days sober.

for the first time in my adult life I have managed to do a full month off the booze.

I managed it with tea.

good old english tea.

whenever I felt the craving for a drink I would make a brew.

sometimes 4/5 cups a day.

amazingly it has worked and the thought of having another sip of poison now knocks me sick!

Tea is a miracle worker,

can't forget to give a shoutout to it's brother Coffee,

both helped me immeasurably over the last 30 days.

bob.

Any movie showing an AA meeting, they're drinking coffee and eating pastries. Sugar fix helps as well.

I drink tea too, the Thai green tea but I just make it myself without sugar. I don’t touch those drinks out and about with the balls and sugar in them. Who wants to drink a cup of balls anyway? Seriosuly speaking though I think those teas on the street with the balls in them are way worse than the average person believes they are for their health 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I drink tea too, the Thai green tea but I just make it myself without sugar. I don’t touch those drinks out and about with the balls and sugar in them. Who wants to drink a cup of balls anyway? Seriosuly speaking though I think those teas on the street with the balls in them are way worse than the average person believes they are for their health 

those balls are jelly ?  

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

....never say never! 😄 

bob.

Indeed. I stopped this year from January 1st for 35 days.  It was OK but I was slightly disappointed that I did not feel hugely different. Only a marginal feeling of better health. Probably due to the fact that a lot of my ailments are down to old age ( 66 ) rather than booze. However , I did notice the extra money sloshing around in my wallet which gradually built up.

In the UK for 6 weeks last year I drank very little. Just one bottle of weak beer every evening ( Manns brown or Hobgoblin Ruby ) but I was walking a minimum of 5 miles every day in the fresh air and a few times over 15.  After that I really did feel healthier and my blood pressure and sciatica were much improved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Indeed. I stopped this year from January 1st for 35 days.  It was OK but I was slightly disappointed that I did not feel hugely different. Only a marginal feeling of better health. Probably due to the fact that a lot of my ailments are down to old age ( 66 ) rather than booze. However , I did notice the extra money sloshing around in my wallet which gradually built up.

In the UK for 6 weeks last year I drank very little. Just one bottle of weak beer every evening ( Manns brown or Hobgoblin Ruby ) but I was walking a minimum of 5 miles every day in the fresh air and a few times over 15.  After that I really did feel healthier and my blood pressure and sciatica were much improved. 

it's amazing what a walk in the fresh air can do for you!

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

those balls are jelly ?  

Have you had those teas? I’ve heard whispers they are tapioca. But I think that’s a lie. Another person told me they were centers of fish eyeballs that had been soaked 

as you walk with the tea the balls bounce to the left and to the right. It was someone’s belief that their balls should be held every night 

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

I think often we can’t perceive health benefits. Especially due to them coming on gradually. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, you have not! 

That´s just an example. Stop with the useless thread building.

I didn't drink it though, DID I!!!

if you read my thread properly and you would know that the foul stench alone made me want to vomit!

what's with all the stalking btw???

nothing like a bit of EGG ON YOUR FACE first thing in the morning, is there?

next time have it on toast instead!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I didn't drink it though, DID I!!!

if you read my thread properly and you would know that the foul stench alone made me want to vomit!

what's with all the stalking btw???

nothing like a bit of EGG ON YOUR FACE first thing in the morning, is there?

next time have it on toast instead!!

bob.

Did I read it properly now. Stop spreading lies on the forum.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Did I read it properly now. Stop spreading lies on the forum.

no, you didn't.

the first reply is clearly a joke, and I had 1 beer, so what??

and my fridge is still fully loaded.

stalker. weirdo.

bob.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

no, you didn't.

the first reply is clearly a joke, and I had 1 beer, so what??

and my fridge is still fully loaded.

stalker. weirdo.

bob.

Sure, sure. I guess this is just another of your fantastic jokes.
image.png.a8ae2b3df432c6fa12efa91d94be3455.png

You know, your so up in it, so you just don´t know what you post from one day to another. Have a nice day. Take a beer.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bob smith said:

I beat the Booze with Tea! 

now 30 days sober

You are in the wrong forum, this is the Pub forum, you need to be posting this in the 

Health and Medicine
  • I Drink Too Much Forum

forum. 

Anyway, it was only a few days ago you posted drinking that smelly pint of beer, getting thrown out of your pals bar for complaining to the bar owner. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

I occasionally have the odd cuppa !

IMG_4015.thumb.jpeg.5ac6e9bd3dd3e4b7df8f923a5cc8b7f4.jpeg

A cup of Ty-Phoo ( only until it is finished then back on the Yorkshire ) in the morning with breakfast and the Jasmine Green Tea early evening.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1