Wife Allegedly Hires Hitman to Murder Husband for 300,000 Baht

webfact

image.jpeg

In a distressing turn of events out of Maha Sarakham Province, police allege that a woman orchestrated her husband's murder by hiring a hitman through an app. The alleged motive? A mere 300,000 baht. This grim plot was unravelled after suspicious family members alerted the authorities about the circumstances surrounding the husband's mysterious death.

At a press briefing this morning, Deputy Commander of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Noppasin Poolsawat, and Commander of the Metropolitan Police Investigation Division, Theeradej Thamsuthee, shed light on the case’s developments.

The investigation led to the arrest of Wannipa, known as Mod, who is the wife of Phichit Kleepjinda, the owner of a local Thai massage school. Police also apprehended two accomplices, 25-year-old Saroj Sueasuwan and Weerapat Sukonthasap. A fourth suspect, 25-year-old Natthaphon Sirinonrang, remains on the run and is suspected to be near the border.

Details of the crime began to surface after Phichit was shot on April 8 in Bangkok's Wang Thonglang area. The meticulous police work brought forth strong evidence prompting arrests and confessions, particularly from Saroj and Weerapat, who admitted to their roles in the sordid affair.

Wannipa, alleged to be the mastermind, partially confessed, citing ongoing domestic conflicts and jealousy issues as her motive. She meticulously coordinated the murder, identifying her husband's whereabouts to the hitman.

The financial details of the transactions revealed that Wannipa initially transferred 45,000 baht to Natthaphon and 33,000 baht to Saroj, culminating in around 300,000 baht for the entire operation. Evidence suggests Wannipa and her co-conspirators were determined, with contacts and planning reportedly starting in March.

As the investigation continues, authorities are set to probe further into the nature of the relationships between the accomplices and any underlying financial incentives for Wannipa.

The ongoing investigation also involves scrutinising if there are additional associates linked to the crime. Despite detailed confessions, the police continue to piece together the full extent of this harrowing plot.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm always amused by these Thai names.  It's like something Benny Hill or Monty Python would come up with. 

Noppasin Poolsawat... sounds like a joke name (No disrespect intended) 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DHrcbCW4y9Dw&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi3laKG8sCGAxVwZmwGHfBnAAUQuAJ6BAgIEAI&usg=AOvVaw1dFO1B3BeWEhpHxb8PcJI3

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Couldn't just get a simple divorce?

Actually, a divorce is not simple in Thailand. One cannot simply choose to get a divorce. There are a lot of legal barriers. For example, they need to prove that the spouse did something deserving of a divorce, which cannot have occurred more than 12 months before the application is made etc etc.

So it's far easier to go online and order them to be executed. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The alleged motive? A mere 300,000 baht. This grim plot was unravelled after suspicious family members alerted the authorities about the circumstances surrounding the husband's mysterious death.

OK she paid 78K to the hitmen, leaving her with 222000K ?? :huh:

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Damn inflation ... used to be 50k baht :cheesy:

Well according to the story 'here on AN' she only paid 78k to 2 men 39k each. but I'm still trying to understand the Web-fact' report. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Well according to the story 'here on AN' she only paid 78k to 2 men 39k each. but I'm still trying to understand the Web-fact' report. 

Sounds more like it..   And no, didn't bother reading OP, just headline.  As the AI news is so silly any more, I don't waste my time.   Headline and maybe first paragraph, if that.

AI seems to try to sensationalize the most trivial happenings. 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Seriously overpaid. 

Last time we paid 7K to break some farang's head with iron rod and that was not long time ago. 

You're a hell of a guy. Are you proud of this?

• Agree 1

Just now, Nickcage49 said:

You're a hell of a guy. Are you proud of this?

My GF was very upset with that dude so she arrange this thingy. Not proud at all. Just an amazing a**hole, some kind of "great white macho" - won't go into details though. 

No, not proud but had no choice.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Actually, a divorce is not simple in Thailand. One cannot simply choose to get a divorce. There are a lot of legal barriers. For example, they need to prove that the spouse did something deserving of a divorce, which cannot have occurred more than 12 months before the application is made etc etc.

So it's far easier to go online and order them to be executed. 

Utter nonsense, My sister-in-law got divorced last month. She and the husband went to the local office, signed a few papers, done. Easier probably than opening a bank account here.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Here, it is too much Thai drama movies they watch, they literally act it out. Also, poor or zero value on education. Not the first, and sure will not be the last of this silly murders. Hope your soul find peace departed.

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Utter nonsense, My sister-in-law got divorced last month. She and the husband went to the local office, signed a few papers, done. Easier probably than opening a bank account here.

Yes so did my BIL it only took a few minutes 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, node said:

Here, it is too much Thai drama movies they watch, they literally act it out

That's something I've often wondered about. Do the dramas reflect Thai society, or are Thais 'inspired' by what they see on tv? And I've also long wondered why the government doesn't insist that these dramas send a social message to people about not resorting to violence in every episode or bullying those lower down the social ladder, or not driving as if they are playing a video game, showing the possible consequences if they do with mangled bodies in the wreck.

12 minutes ago, retarius said:

If my wife ordered a hit on me, I would probably leave her and go and live in another town. 

How would you even know about it until it was too late.