Thai man seeks justice after dowry deception by his girlfriend

webfact

Life's a bitch, then another one comes along .......:coffee1: I think you were very lucky mate not to lose more, she sounds like a gold digger out for a free ride, no mention of her working. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Not so easy for a 47yo single father earning 700b a day, think about that from your Ivory tower.

Please read again, and get it right this time. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, rubyjuan said:

Seems all too common in Thailand....Go to Vietnam and meet a nice, educated, hard-working chick over here.  

Yeah, sure! If that is the only reason. Go somewhere and pick up a girl and live happily ever after. You should stop reading those fairy tales.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Please read again, and get it right this time. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The 47 year old man, Ched, told Channel 7 that he is a single father and works as a security guard to care for his child.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He earned 500 baht a day and gave 300 baht to his girlfriend.

The fact he only earns 500 b a day does not make a lot of difference or even worse by someone suggesting he goes to Vietnam to find a woman. so what's your point. 

Just that I miss quoted ? oh dear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It would be interesting to know what the law says about situations like that.

Should she pay it back, maybe because of fraud?

And how about if a woman pays money to a guy? Would he have to return the money?

Somehow it seems when a man tells a BS story to a woman, and she believes it because she is greedy, then people demand that he is convicted.

But when a guy pays money to a woman, then obviously he was a fool. Why was he so stupid to do that?

17 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Typically there is no "dowry" if the bride to be is a single mom.... or am I wrong here?

correct....but some greedy buggers will try it on especially when the other party is desperate :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It would be interesting to know what the law says about situations like that.

Should she pay it back, maybe because of fraud?

And how about if a woman pays money to a guy? Would he have to return the money?

Somehow it seems when a man tells a BS story to a woman, and she believes it because she is greedy, then people demand that he is convicted.

But when a guy pays money to a woman, then obviously he was a fool. Why was he so stupid to do that?

He said, she said. The police aren't going to get involved in that.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Ched explained that his girlfriend lived in the eastern province of Rayong. She is a single mother,

So why a dowry for second hand goods?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Ched stated that he sometimes could not afford food but was willing to pay the dowry because the woman expressed her love to him by talking with him via video conference every day.

And probably 10 others as-well.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not so easy for a 47yo single father earning 700b a day, think about that from your Ivory tower.

500 baht per day?

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

500 baht per day?

YES my bad, I made a mistake still even less money to go to Vietnam and find a woman, as one member suggested.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

YES my bad, I made a mistake still even less money to go to Vietnam and find a woman, as one member suggested.

I make quite a few... 

I must admit as my pension date nears next year I'm contemplating life here after 16 years, or going further east to Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines where expats are made more welcome.

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I make quite a few... 

I must admit as my pension date nears next year I'm contemplating life here after 16 years, or going further east to Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines where expats are made more welcome.

I'm quite happy in my jungle retreat thanks, at 73 I ain't going nowhere else.

No sin sod for me I married an orphan.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Typically there is no "dowry" if the bride to be is a single mom.... or am I wrong here?

No your correct according to Thai tradition (that all the rose coloured glasses brigade on here are always singing about). The correct rules for dowry payment are simple: she has to be a virgin! This woman was scamming from the start. If she had been serious she should have grabbed this guy with both hands. He had shown he was serious. Hope he gets the police knocking on her families door. Yes he is entitled to every penny back.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I'm quite happy in my jungle retreat thanks, at 73 I ain't going nowhere else.

No sin sod for me I married an orphan.   :thumbsup:

At age 65 the thought of doing the marriage POS for another 15+ years bores me to death..

Plus my pension will be frozen.

No sin sod for me either, her parents just said take care of her.

Edited by hotchilli