What, if anything, would make you move back Home?

37 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

an antagonist is never complete without a nemesis. Sherlock and his heroin addiction would be so pedestrian without Moriarty.

Chump Change.....Gammy Globule!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, ChumpChange said:

No longer the Thai language expert?

that is irrelevant. 

This is an english only forum. Thai language is not allowed.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Wonderful coastlines within easy reach on North and Irish seas plus English channel. NHS, free bus travel, more economical breakfast cereals, milk and cheese. Hollands pies and proximity to Europe. Plenty of cheap flights to Portugal and Spain for holidays. Depending upon where you live may have a choice of bus and/or rail transport to your nearest airport.  

Council tax, excessive road tax and fuel tax. TV license, highly excessive power bills, dreadful weather most of the year, excessive taxes on alcohol and cigarettes, although that doesn't apply to me. Very unsafe to walk at night in the cities. Should I go on?

• Agree 1

Too many BOB give it a rest BOB I was happy when I read that that you left. I knew you were not telling the truth. Two days later you said you came back liar liar pants on fire TIT.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

you can't even answer a simple question, can you?

Chump by name, Chump by nature.

bob.

Been looking in  that mirror again?

• Thanks 1

1 Yes, forced tax on my transfers and no benefits in return!

2 The heat and less rain

3 Pollution continues

4 Thai baht get stronger and Nok weaker

5 Divorce

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Its a shame that I call Thailand home, why is that ?

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I love Spain.

bob.

So why don't you Foxtrot Oscar there, loser, and give the rest of SE Asia a break?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

1 Yes, forced tax on my transfers and no benefits in return!

2 The heat and less rain

3 Pollution continues

4 Thai baht get stronger and Nok weaker

5 Divorce

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a UK citizen living in Thailand you are not taxed on your worldwide income. And in Thailand you are only taxed on what you transfer in to Thailand, minus at least 210K first in deductions. But if you move back to the UK you will then be taxed on your worldwide income, right? So moving back to the UK would cost you more in tax, not less, right?

Anyway, 2, 3, 4 I agree with. 

5 would be a good reason to stay! 

7 minutes ago, Irrumator said:

So why don't you Foxtrot Oscar there, loser, and give the rest of SE Asia a break?

I have no issues with Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Phils.

bob.

Posted (edited)

I likely have to leave for at least half the year, each year, with these new tax rules. Even they are not capable of things yet, they theoretically could still come back to us in 7 years from now, for what we would owe in this year. And technology evolves fast too. Taxes back home would be the same but then give me free proper schools, a basic retirement, health insurance and more. I pay that here in cash already. 

So not sure if it makes me move back home, but for sure i have to look at another country too. I would have to pay so much in tax, it comes down to a house in Singapore, in terms of rent, too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a UK citizen living in Thailand you are not taxed on your worldwide income. And in Thailand you are only taxed on what you transfer in to Thailand, minus at least 210K first in deductions. But if you move back to the UK you will then be taxed on your worldwide income, right? So moving back to the UK would cost you more in tax, not less, right?

Anyway, 2, 3, 4 I agree with. 

5 would be a good reason to stay! 

I'm not a Uk resident, and pay my taxes to Norway, where I'm part of the social security Folketrygden, and also have an affordable private health insurance connected to I will not give up. As well, I'm still enjoying working as a freelancer. 

My point was, if I am forced to pay taxes in Thailand, for no benefits in return! 

Number 5 gives me a very good reason to leave for good, because the single life in Thailand is not as good as some want it to be. But that is me, and my opinion. 

1. The girls who are chasing foreigners, I'm not so interested in.

2. The so-called good girls are rather boring in my opinion and if you find a decent one, who is educated, no family burdens, adventurous, the chance she is a real gold digger, is quite high. 

I had enough one night stands and loose connections during my younger days, and I am quite happy to be in a solid relationship instead of chasing girls during my elderly days. I do not think any other Thai girl can replace my wife, simple as that.

And unlike many here I still enjoy my country, have property, some work, and parents alive as well other family Im still socializing with 

Edited by Hummin

2 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

glad to hear your not wavering in your alcoholism on my account. 

Now going around calling people you don´t know for being alcoholic. What do you know about that?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

no, start over from the very start. I need the full, entire, unabridged diatribe, don't leave anything out!

Yeah, I thought it was that bad. You know, I can explain, but unfortunately not make you understand. That´s your job, mate.

continued troll posting from the OP would surely be a way to get me gone but alas the interwebs reach is worldwide

so I just blocked him....life is much better now.....also anyone with initials GG

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

stop deflecting and answer the question.

if you are not a Thai citizen, nor have PR status then you cannot call Thailand your home.

bob.

Doesn't the song say 'home is where your heart is?'

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No, I will not return to the UK. A long time ago I decided to live and die in Thailand subject, of course, to my being permitted to stay here by the immigration authority. 

For me at 90 it could be sooner than later. But so far, so good.😉

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Don't be angry, lots of B.S. nonsense topics on these forums 

ASEAN
  • Philippines
  • Vietnam
  • Cambodia
  • Other ASEAN Countries

Absolutely!

Times have changed,some live in the past ....this forum is for all South East Asia 

I have calmed down a lot and not angry as much about this 

11 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

For me at 90 it could be sooner than later. But so far, so good.😉

Wow ! 😲 😮 

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Congratulations and respect to you Sir 👏 

• Love It 1