The Maldives Bans Israeli Passport Holders

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Maldives is a Sunni Islam state, so easy to understand their support for Gaza and Palestinians. 

So Maldives are supporting the Palestinians because they're part of the same sub-cult. 

All the other atrocities being carried out across the world they turn a blind eye, but because this is a fellow Sunni Islam crowd they take action. 

Sectarian politics infecting the world. As it did in the UK local elections. Sad. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

So Maldives are supporting the Palestinians because they're part of the same sub-cult. 

All the other atrocities being carried out across the world they turn a blind eye, but because this is a fellow Sunni Islam crowd they take action. 

Sectarian politics infecting the world. As it did in the UK local elections. Sad. 

One reason might be for safety reasons, protecting Israelis from the angry mob in Maldives. Second the bilateral deals have been on and of the last 60 years,  

Wikipedia

The countries had diplomatic relations from 1965 to 1974. From 2012 to 2017, they maintained cooperation agreements, but did not restore full diplomatic relations. In 2024, the Maldives banned Israeli passport holders from entering the nation due to the Israeli government's conduct in the Israel–Hamas war.

Second, it is in its nature to turn the blind eye out of their own interests, and I will be so brave to say, every country does, and have been doing for long time when it comes to the Israel - Palestinian conflict. 

33 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

Do you honestly think Israel bombs hospitals and schools because they have nothing better to do?  I don't think you can guess who is hiding there.  Israel has never raped young girls and paraded them around town nude, etc. Hamas's goal has always been to eliminate Israel; they have zero interest in a 2 state solution. Besides life is good in Qatar with their stolen billions, the cowards.  If they were so concerned about their people, why don't they release all the hostages, give themselves up and return the stolen billions to the palestinian people.  I don't hold an Israeli passport but 10 horses couldn't drag me to the Maldives or any other muslim country.  After all, the mail goal in the koran is to eliminate all non believers in Islam, or infidels of which I am one.  It sounds like you are a non infidel in the way you always write. Wake up.

The Jews dont behead people and throw gays off tall buildings, mind you ,none of them left in Gaza.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hopefully more countries will follow their lead. Israelis need to know that there is a price for bombing thousands of women and children to death.

And hopefully the Maldives will then also ban citizens of Russia, Sudan, Ethiopia, Burma, Palestine, the United States, the DRC, Syria ... am I missing anyone?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I always thought of the Maldives as just a remote and beautiful destination for romantic getaways. 

I never knew they were a hard line Muslim nation until I saw this story. That would put me off going there, and I suspect it will be the same for many others. 

The Maldives economy relies heavily on tourism. They've shot themselves in the foot here, IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Will the Maldives ban Muslim holders of Israeli passports ?

not sure if that's kosher or not. 

Edited by stoner

55 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I always thought of the Maldives as just a remote and beautiful destination for romantic getaways. 

I never knew they were a hard line Muslim nation until I saw this story. That would put me off going there, and I suspect it will be the same for many others. 

The Maldives economy relies heavily on tourism. They've shot themselves in the foot here, IMO. 

If you haven't noticed, Israel loosing friends, Palestine gaining sympathy. Maldives most likely banned Israelis for their own good, not to ban 0,6% of the tourist who visited Maldives from Israel. 

Think about everyone who now boycott Israeli farming products world wide, because the "slaves" who used to work for them is not allowed to work anymore, since the borders is closed. 

Mc Donalds is maybe the biggest well known trademark who boycott Israel. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you haven't noticed, Israel loosing friends, Palestine gaining sympathy. Maldives most likely banned Israelis for their own good, not to ban 0,6% of the tourist who visited Maldives from Israel. 

Think about everyone who now boycott Israeli farming products world wide, because the "slaves" who used to work for them is not allowed to work anymore, since the borders is closed. 

Nonsense but with no links that’s not surprising. Mcdonalds is not boycotting Israel. The opposite. They stepped in and bought back the franchise, retained all stores and staff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maldives is in good company:

Why would you  want additional countries to join is such a blatant act of Jew hatred? 

and again you cannot show disaproval of the Israils goverment without being accused of antisemitism. what Hamas did was terrible and an act of terrorism, what the Israelis are doing in Gaza is also an act of terorism. Until such time as a two state solution is found for Palestine and Israel and as long as Hamas and the far right Israili coalition stay in power their is little hope of peace in the middle east

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another confirming its ok to hate Jews based on unproven allegations of genocide.

The International Court of Justice will prove it soon enough! Until then keep your head in the sand and continue to sing the Israel is so innocent in all of this song! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, coolcarer said:

Nonsense but with no links that’s not surprising. Mcdonalds is not boycotting Israel. The opposite. They stepped in and bought back the franchise, retained all stores and staff. 

Americas biggest Foodchain, have to make an political save because the Israeli franchise served IDF free meals. It is not only a Middle East thing, it is world wide. 

McDonald’s will buy back all 225 of its restaurants in Israel, the Israeli franchisee owner announced on Thursday.

The fast-food franchisee was criticised after it provided thousands of free meals to IDF soldiers in the days after October 7, leading to consumer boycotts of McDonald’s by pro-Palestinians in the Middle East and other regions. The boycotts caused a “meaningful business impact” in the ensuing months, according to a statement by McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski in January

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/mcdonalds-buys-back-all-israeli-restaurants-after-they-gave-free-food-to-idf-soldiers-ubls0m64

Edited by Hummin

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Americas biggest Foodchain, have to make an political save because the Israeli franchise served IDF free meals. It is not only a Middle East thing, it is world wide. 

McDonald’s will buy back all 225 of its restaurants in Israel, the Israeli franchisee owner announced on Thursday.

The fast-food franchisee was criticised after it provided thousands of free meals to IDF soldiers in the days after October 7, leading to consumer boycotts of McDonald’s by pro-Palestinians in the Middle East and other regions. The boycotts caused a “meaningful business impact” in the ensuing months, according to a statement by McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski in January

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/mcdonalds-buys-back-all-israeli-restaurants-after-they-gave-free-food-to-idf-soldiers-ubls0m64

You claimed they were boycotting Israel

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

you were wrong. Like I said. The exact opposite. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/05/israel-boycott-mcdonalds-will-buy-all-225-restaurants-from-franchise.html

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

McDonald will buy back the shops from the franchise owners .

Why do you see that as a victory for Hamas ?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

McDonald will buy back the shops from the franchise owners .

Why do you see that as a victory for Hamas ?

One of the World biggest trademark have to buy out one of the most succesful franschise operator to save its reputation afraid of world wide boycott? 

Just now, Hummin said:

One of the World biggest trademark have to buy out one of the most succesful franschise operator to save its reputation afraid of world wide boycott? 

How will that benefit the Palestinians ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, koolkarl said:

After all, the mail goal in the koran is to eliminate all non believers in Islam, or infidels of which I am one.

You need to quote something from the Koran to support that or you are making it up, as usual.

NB from the Koran, not a Hadith.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 5:22 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Hopefully more countries will follow their lead. Israelis need to know that there is a price for bombing thousands of women and children to death.

Only women and children die in this conflict, ,Ridiculous Hamas Propagandist , this fake news brought by Trumps Fangirl in SEA , Get off Qanon ffs 

Edited by Irish star
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nonsense.

There is parts of Europe who know feel the consequenses of having a divided society because of hig flood of muslim imigrants the last decades. 

Several bigger cities and smaller districts have taken a toll, and also locals starting to be quite upset of different reasons, not only because of racism, but people who used to be quite open and saw some positivity helping people in need, start to change their opinions. 

I think the massive loud protests against Israel have been the latest eyeopener. I walked straight in to one of the protest marches in Copenhagen, and to be true it was scary, 

10 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Get your head outta the sand 

He/her has loooooads of Muslim friends that are incredibly splendid chaps, he/her told us so............😂