Carbon Tax to Start Taking Effect from 2025

19 hours ago, jvs said:

Are you sure you are on planet earth?

You mean that little blue ball in space?

Where Russia invade another country? Where Israëliets make war, killing Palestines by the thousands? 

Where USA had a red flag for their eyes and killed many Vietnamese? Where they go out to "help" Afghanistan and after 20 years just leave and left all in a mess? Where Australian troops committed war crimes?

Where the Netherlands killed 70 people by a bombardement in Irak? 

Where Russians invaded Afghanistan once? Where several groups are suppressed, like Khurds and Uyghurs, women? A whole nation North Korea is suppressed, well there are more, indoctrinated, manipulated by one ah?

You remember softenon kids or DES daughters? Where doctors refuse to give covid injections, as rules for vaccines were overruled? Where bad info always is kept hidden as much as possible?

I can make the list longer, but yes im on planet earth. Everything (mostly negative) is possible.

So where are you? In lala land/planet with your head in the sand?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/7/2024 at 10:42 AM, huangnon said:

Yep, a litany of woe and pollution, but just bear in mind that CO2 levels in our atmosphere are currently at 0.04% only. Of which only 1/10th is produced by humans. If levels drop below 0.02%, the plants, trees, vegetation (our food sources) start dying.

CO2 is literally the 'gas of life' being repackaged (by the globalists, their paid-for scientists, and lapdog media) as (another) enemy and taxation source.

Not really true. Plants can survive down to 150 ppm (0.015%) and wouldn't actually die as such, but as they would have very low levels of photosynthesis, natural processes would slowly increase CO2 levels again (volcanic emissions, decomposition of organic matter). Most plants do fine at 280ppm. Although global 'greening' has increased as CO2 levels have gone up the last 50 years, it doesn't actually mean that the extra CO2 by itself has increased growth. You also need nutrients, the right amount of water, and the right temperatures. Increased food production has mainly been due to fertilizers, pesticides, irrigation, mechanisation and improved varieties. Unless you get all those, the extra CO2 doesn't make much difference.

Also, more CO2 means climate change - more droughts more floods more fires and, more weeds. Greening has probably offset some of the warming but as temperatures increase so will the negative effects.

Low levels of CO2 are naturally self limiting, very unlikely to actually cause death of all plants. High levels of CO2 - tend to have positive temperature feedbacks which would just push levels higher (e.g. Methane from melting permafrost, decomposition of methane clathrates) followed by mass extinctions.

What we do not know is how close we are to these runaway effects. But the Permian mass extinctions are believed to be linked to high CO2/ temperature levels.

Pathetic, they can't even stop their own ignorant people burning half the countryside and causing massive, damaging pollution every year, and now they're trying to act all First World and tax carbon, which even Europe hasn't figured out how to do properly yet.

• Agree 2

Climate Change, Carbon Tax.

Please give me Money!

CO2, 0.04% of the atmospheric gases.

It's a scam, every 5 or 10 years we get these earth ending climate predications from the so-called scientific climate experts.

None to date have come to fruition, man can not control global weather outcomes.

How about a plastic tax here in Thailand, that I can see with my eyes would and fully support.

Thailand, one of the top 10 countries for plastic pollution.

Clean up Thailand's environment.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HuaHinNew said:

Climate Change, Carbon Tax.

Please give me Money!

CO2, 0.04% of the atmospheric gases.

It's a scam, every 5 or 10 years we get these earth ending climate predications from the so-called scientific climate experts.

None to date have come to fruition, man can not control global weather outcomes.

How about a plastic tax here in Thailand, that I can see with my eyes would and fully support.

Thailand, one of the top 10 countries for plastic pollution.

Clean up Thailand's environment.

Not all complete true, it is a global thing. For now, up to 9000000 TONS of plastic every year in oceans, by all countries !

Governments are the only ones who can do something about this. But they seem to be keen on having money and dont pay attention to pollution.

Yha, they say CO2, but that is not the only thing. Plastic is also a major problem, but NO real actions on that. Beside Thai tax, as plastic is from oil.

There are 5 big islands in the oceans, killing marine life.

The earth is an eco sytem and we do get O2 also from plankton in seas, not only trees. Kill marine life, plankton and we are done.

Together with the many football fields of forest, hoppa.

At first I thought only trees were the O2 suppliers, but no, plankton in oceans as well. Sometimes internet is nice to have and learn.

And so also learned, the oceans are absorbing CO2, but it can get too much, Oceans turn to acid and there you go, kill marine life, plankton and eventual humans.

It took a century to find out the lead in petrol wasnt quite right and we changed it. How many time we do have to alter the pollutions?

Every year we put in 9000000 TONS of plastic in the oceans and you cant imagine how stupid,

then some people think they should get it out again !! I do respect them, but it is the situation.

That is what you call, carrying water to the sea.

https://theoceancleanup.com/ Goal: 90% of FLOATING plastic gone in 2040 !!

Plastic straws for instance, still in Thailand for sale. I thought they would ban it.

In Vietnam however they sell non plastic straws, made from wheat, grass, bamboo ! Biological degradable.

Even durable from stainless steel ! 

And even more products, like plates and cups. Vietnam more wise then Thailand? Seems so. at least if they ban the plastics.

So what is the point, the plastic ones, might be slightly cheaper and no point in throwing it away afterwards. More profit, but not environment.

Consumers only interested in what is cheaper and if you step away from plastic, companies go out of business. And there it is again ..money.

Money dictates if it is economical to do so. And pollution? Who cares? Thailand (but not the only one) has wrong attitude, they boast, but do nothing.

According to experts, Bali’s famous beaches like Kuta and Legian beaches are being buried by up to 60 tonnes of plastic rubbish each day.

In Thailand didnt see that yet.

Thailand seem to have plastic waste companies ! They convert plastics into synthetic fuel. Well thats good. 

Maybe Bali should think of such pyrolyse factory !

DId they see from old youtube movies in which people are experimenting with the plastics?

So they finally see a profit in the plastics by calculations ! IF it was not, then no one would do it.

Some "Thai" (?) factories Chemcycle, Corsair, Sepco. 

"My country", just red, also starts a plastic pyrolyse factory in which they go further and then create substances as toluene, benzene, xylene.

Not the finest substances but with which you can make medicines again.

There are already several factories and even big brother SHELL is active in it. It is economic doable, that is the main issue.

And still, climate? Who cares, it is money nothing else. But ok thanks to profitability, it works hopefully.

There is also a (more?) proces, where they can create fuel out of CO2 ! Thats why probably, in "my country" CO2 is going to be captured and put in empty used gas/oil wells. First reduction and later on fuel creating. Less reliable on OPEC then as well? Maybe also big, hidden factor in it.

So cleaning oceans and pile ups of plastic should go down, but is side effect.

Maybe now fishing for plastic in oceans, beaches can give you income, there are a 171 trillion pieces to get out.

Maybe a run on old plastic will set in? Countries start importing old plastic again? Probably. they did before.

Maybe Thai government should be share holder in such companies and expand those factories, as there will be for now lots of plastic to convert.

But who am I? From sugar cane you can also make biological degradable items, however is burned now and causing lots of problems.

maybe subsidize in machines to get crops of field clean way, they exist and then you rule out smog pollution.

But no Thai government is thinking about building the highest tower of the world in the sinking city of BK.

And they bury 14 TONS of pork meat with paper/plastic in a big hole in the ground. OK, will we ever learn?

You are right we cant control weather, but sure we can alter, all out of balance. And that is happening.

Lots of wrong gasses in the air, lots of wrong items in the oceans, altering landscapes and too many humans in a wrong system.

tried to make the calculation, dont know if I do all right

Well with 200 baht/metric ton, 1277000 barrels/day , 159 ltr, 0.9 average density (2022, probably now some higher), raise on oil products, would be logical on total of oil, 1277000 X 159 X 0.9/1000 = 182738,7 tons/day. Not metric as then you have corrections in it. Money raise 36547740 Baht/day to pay by the big players, of course they will get it back from consumers by raising price on oil products and finally consumers pay.

But it is spread over all oil products and over all citizens.

For consumer to pay over a year 36547740/ 56709933,6 (citizens, only older then 15 years, 80% of population) X 365 , only 235 baht on all oil products/year. Probably some higher, as the oil consuming line was going up and metric tons correction must be implemented.

Government gets 365 X 36547740 Baht = 13339925100 baht, give or take

Will THEY use it wisely and invest in something durable and "climate" effective? Probably not and that is the sad part.

20 hours ago, rickudon said:

Also, more CO2 means climate change - more droughts more floods more fires and, more weeds. Greening has probably offset some of the warming but as temperatures increase so will the negative effects.

CO2 levels rise and fall with temperatures influenced by our sun; solar flares, cycles, etc. That big yellow ball in the sky doesn't influence our climate?

7 minutes ago, huangnon said:

CO2 levels rise and fall with temperatures influenced by our sun; solar flares, cycles, etc. That big yellow ball in the sky doesn't influence our climate?

I don't worry about it, mother nature ultimately controls our fate, humans arrogantly believe they control it. Like the plague, COVID19, etc......she can eliminate any threats to her plans.

• Like 1

Most posters missed that part of the press release that stated:

"The carbon tax will be included in the current oil tax framework, guaranteeing a revenue-neutral shift."

That means there will be no increase in the governments net revenue.

Typically carbon taxes are offset by some type of subsidy/tax credit/refund scheme that pays out what was taken in by the carbon tax.

I studied the implementation of Canada's carbon tax and the end result of its implementation is that entities consuming more carbon based fuels end up paying a higher total price for those resources.  Those entities that use less carbon based fuels end up paying less for them.

As I see it, it's the easiest method to implement a multi-tiered price schedule that is meant to encourage reduced consumption of carbon based fuel.  Multi-tiered pricing schemes are both common and effective.  Water and power utilities often use them.

Edited by gamb00ler