WRLife

I know, it's almost a dead horse.

But here I got some updates:

1. More than 7000 members

2. Court of jurisdiction: London

3. European Health Insurance, registered in London

4. Direct payment with all Hospitals in Thailand

I'm not a WRLife agent, but did my research and simply got information by WRLife.

Regards🙏

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can you supply links for each of those 4 points?

I just asked them. Do the same and you'll get the same answers I guess. It's not difficult. I was surprised to get to know all what I want.

With over 7000 members it can't be a scam.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

4. Direct payment with all Hospitals in Thailand

So I know that Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya accepts them.

Are you sure all/most of the ones do as well?  I am not saying they don't, just haven't actually ever heard that they do, either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, QuantumQuandry said:

So I know that Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya accepts them.

Are you sure all/most of the ones do as well?  I am not saying they don't, just haven't actually ever heard that they do, either.

They pay ALL Hospitals 

Has anyone actually visited their office?

What is the legal entity there?

The website appears to be a few pages of A4, no click through to any detail.

If they are a broker, who is the underwriter? (Rhetorical question as it’s WR Life).

Who do you pay your premium to?

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I am not a WR Life client, why don't you do your due diligence and investigate that.

I wouldn't get their insurance, but I'm interested in following the threads to see how it pans out, anyone who has the insurance should have already done the proper due diligence but doesn't seem to be the case

• Confused 1

WRLife, are a UK company, with an "office" in Bangkok, I and few other friends have been with them for 4 years and made a few claims that were paid, there are alot of WRLife agents I see on line, not sure who they are. I can give you my agent a UK guy, he looks after everything. There a good bare bones insurance. 

KR Colin

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

WRLife, are a UK company, with an "office" in Bangkok, I and few other friends have been with them for 4 years and made a few claims that were paid, there are alot of WRLife agents I see on line, not sure who they are. I can give you my agent a UK guy, he looks after everything. There a good bare bones insurance. 

KR Colin

When you're investigating a company, it's not that simple.  You have to check if the company's registered number matches with the company in the UK, likewise the underwriter and all the way through, follow the money.

If it is a "long company" they will try to obfuscate as much as they can. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

When you're investigating a company, it's not that simple.  You have to check if the company's registered number matches with the company in the UK, likewise the underwriter and all the way through, follow the money.

If it is a "long company" they will try to obfuscate as much as they can. 

BS. It's just easy to send them a mail with your questions. I did it and got all the answers I want. It's a reliable insurance company 🙏

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wouldn't get their insurance, but I'm interested in following the threads to see how it pans out, anyone who has the insurance should have already done the proper due diligence but doesn't seem to be the case

I did it and you can read it here on AN. No secrets. 🙏

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

You send your premium to the UK if I remember right.  I think you even use Wise to transfer it.

Wrong !!!!

You can pay in Thailand, UK or Wise!!!

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Not really. But to be honest it makes me angry to read so much BS about this insurance company.

Everybody had heard something or found on Internet with data from 2005 or similar crap. 

Do your research: ask Wrlife all what you want to know. Easy as that. Stop that beating the bush.

Read some of Sheryl's posts a few years back.

I took out a Policy with them three years ago, luckily on a monthly payment. After some of the replies I got from Mr Lorenz, I quit.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Why would it make you angry? Do you have a financial interest, other than as a policyholder, in WRLife?

I would think you would want to get relevant financial, regulatory and licensing information directly from the entities that oversee such matters instead of from the company itself.

Here's a link to the Nevis Financial Services Regulatory Commission's list of regulated entities: https://www.nevisfsrc.com/regulated-entities/#general-insurance-companies. Scroll down to the "Licensed International Insurance Entities" and expand the "General Insurance Companies" dropdown. There you'll find WRLife' listed. This is where they are licensed as an insurance company, not in the UK or Thailand or France.

Here's a link to Companies House in the UK where WRLife is incorporated: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OC401682/filing-history. Take a look at the statement of account as at 31 December 2022. You'll see specific mention of this company being incorporated under the small LLP regime. No mention if it being an insurer.

No mention..... exactly. 😂

4 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

No mention..... exactly. 😂

Your choice but I would have some reservations. They might be fine - just saying.  Why did you go with them? 

I know Sheryl and other on this forum have reservations about local Thai  companies( subsidiaries ) here that provide insurance but this seems a better option.  The prices are very inexpensive compared to Aetna, etc.  The hospitals are familiar with the local companies and in my experience local companies have been hassle free and paid out their share of of hospital bills,.  AXA Thailand comes to mind. Sure you don't get some of  the benefits of AXA global but most don't need them IMO.

I( 57 yo) pay 12k baht for 3,000,000 coverage with a 150k baht co-pay.  One concern I have is if they will insure me past 80.  

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

Your choice but I would have some reservations. They might be fine - just saying.  Why did you go with them? 

I know Sheryl and other on this forum have reservations about local Thai  companies( subsidiaries ) here that provide insurance but this seems a better option.  The prices are very inexpensive compared to Aetna, etc.  The hospitals are familiar with the local companies and in my experience local companies have been hassle free and paid out their share of of hospital bills,.  AXA Thailand comes to mind. Sure you don't get some of  the benefits of AXA global but most don't need them IMO.

I( 57 yo) pay 12k baht for 3,000,000 coverage with a 150k baht co-pay.  One concern I have is if they will insure me past 80.  

WRLife is unlimited. 

With fixed premiums, independent from your age. So if you pay now 12.ooo Baht you will pay in 30 years the same. No co-pay. Sheryl does not know that actually. She's no insurance agent I suppose.

The fixed premium will be fixed until you will make your first claim.

That's the point why their premiums are extremely low. At present they have 7000 members (farangs and Thais) and do direct payment with all Hospitals.

• Haha 2

And Wise doesn't have a "presence in Thailand" either. But plenty of folks still trust them daily with their collective millions (of baht).

After almost 8 years of roojai providing cheap and affordable car insurance in Thailand, there are still some folks who don't trust them or deal with them because they don't have the "presence" of an office.

Oh yes, I forgot. And when  WRlife pays a claim, the money comes from "offshore somewhere".

• Love It 1

Anyone who writes on a WrLife topic page --

I reckon insurers as soon as someone  makes a claim they run around the office trying to find an undiagnosed pre-existing condition, it's an easy get out and high 5s all round the office

-- is not a credible messenger.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

I did my due diligence prior to joining WrLife but it is unique to my circumstances and none of your <expletive self-deleted> business.

Yes Jerry. From past posts, you seem to be the only WR customer who got paid out by them. Well done.

• Like 1