Is This the Britain the D-Day Generation Fought to Save?

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Tripe. Britain was one of the, VERY FEW, net contributors. Do you know what that means? 

Any perceived degradation to infrastructure is a direct consequence of the 400B spent on paying the populace during COVID (though remoaners will conveniently overlook that) while the economy is bouncing back. How's things in Germany etc? 

Dopey Starmer at the helm would not make a difference during or after COVID. Just shift monies around. Not a Tory, but please don't talk about Labour! 

Try again.

I see. You don't like the truth. I'll not bother you again. Dream on😂

10 hours ago, James105 said:

Neither are the migrants who cross the channel from France to England, and whilst Paris does seem to be getting more 3rd world by the day, I don't think it has yet been classified as a war zone.   The big difference is that the Brits that are overstaying are not expecting to be provided with free accommodation and free money paid for by the Thai taxpayers.   Another difference is that if the Brit overstayers are caught they will be deported without access to Thai taxpayer funded lawyers and will have to either fund their own journey back home or stay in detention until they do.  

Not really the same at all is it?

You do realise that the migrants who cross the channel aren't fleeing France, don't you? Many are fleeing war and persecution in N.Africa/the Middle East and they arrive in Italy, Greece or Turkey. What would you have the UK government do? Say to those countries - and countries such as Germany and France which they traverse - "Your problem?". In that case, why expect those countries to do anything to prevent refugees who want to get to the UK from doing so? It's a Europe-wide problem which needs a Europe-wide solution.

As for UK overstayers in Thailand. Are we meant to have sympathy for their 'plight'?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

How many do you know personally? I suspect none so you just make it up

Right. Just because I might not know any UK overstayers personally that means that they don't exist.

Nb. I know an Aussie who has 'overstayed' in Thailand since COVID extensions ended. Does he count?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

When other cultures complain about the Wests infiltration/ influence nothing much is said by the luvvies....When white people have a problem with, for example Islam filtering into the West they are up in arms. It makes logical sense to extrapolate ( yipee I got to use that word) what is happening in, say Britain and be very rightly worried that the cultural landscape may very much change, and not for the better ,if the religious demographic changes from that of a Christian nation..to that of an Islamic one. At some point their influence will become such that policy, societal norms/ mores etc may change. This may already be happening.  Is that not a reasonable take? If not, why not? 

It's not unreasonable to think about how the UK's cultural landscape may change, but the chances of the UK becoming a Muslim nation any time soon is not large.

According to the 2021 census, 57% of the population identify as Christian and only 6% as Muslim. Biggest growing group is 'No religion', 25%.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RayC said:

It's not unreasonable to think about how the UK's cultural landscape may change, but the chances of the UK becoming a Muslim nation any time soon is not large.

According to the 2021 census, 57% of the population identify as Christian and only 6% as Muslim. Biggest growing group is 'No religion', 25%.

It is predicted the UK will become a majority muslim country in 2180.   It's the job of the current generation to leave the country in a better state for the next generation.   To not care about the impact this will have on the future generations is extremely selfish, especially so for the gay and female members of that generation.   

22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

genetic studies found that we are more genetically related to Germans than to the Welsh.

That's not surprising. The Welsh are descendants of the Celts that got pushed out of mainland Britain to the north and west.

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

It is predicted the UK will become a majority muslim country in 2180.   It's the job of the current generation to leave the country in a better state for the next generation.   To not care about the impact this will have on the future generations is extremely selfish, especially so for the gay and female members of that generation.   

There may not even be a human race that far in the future, or it may be another ice age. Whatever, too far away to get exercised about.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

When someone writes something like "it is predicted" rather than "X predicts" we can be quite sure that the source of such a prediction is a dubious one. Predictions just don't arise out of thin air. Someone makes them. In this case, please share with us the source of this prediction and link to back that up.

Of course, predictions made that far into the future should not be taken seriously.

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

When someone writes something like "it is predicted" rather than "X predicts" we can be quite sure that the source of such a prediction is a dubious one. Predictions just don't arise out of thin air. Someone makes them. In this case, please share with us the source of this prediction and link to back that up.

The link king has arrived...........🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2024 at 3:00 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

David Cameroon was a Remainer and he resigned when the Exit  vote was cast

Please don't confuse the issue by introducing awkward truths.We should just contemplate our happy "complicity" in war crimes to suit the ruling party's donors!

What a meretricious and ignorant rant.Meanwhile the Europe we left is veering to the far right while our own country is about to move to the centre left.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Of course, predictions made that far into the future should not be taken seriously.

I decided to go ahead and look this up and apparently, it's the work of a couple of economists who decided to do a little moonlighting as demographers. The immediate problem I say with their research, which I will link to below, is that it assumes a constant and high rate of fertility.

https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/PRR-12-2018-0034/full/pdf?title=when-will-european-muslim-population-be-majority-and-in-which-country

But in fact, the fertility rate of Muslim women in Europe is declining.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2011/01/27/future-of-the-global-muslim-population-regional-europe/

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Please don't confuse the issue by introducing awkward truths.We should just contemplate our happy "complicity" in war crimes to suit the ruling party's donors!

What a meretricious and ignorant rant.Meanwhile the Europe we left is veering to the far right while our own country is about to move to the centre left.

So, maybe Brexit was a good thing, after all.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I see you're still allergic to evidence.

Weeeel, it just gets boring when all you do is ask for links on everything.........:saai:

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you should be patrolling a fiction forum. I think you'd be a lot happier there.

I already do, but responders like you are more entertaining, well done.....😉

Just now, transam said:

I already do, but responders like you are more entertaining, well done.....😉

Just a moment ago you were complaining of boredom. Now you're thanking me for being entertaining. You're welcome.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just a moment ago you were complaining of boredom. Now you're thanking me for being entertaining. You're welcome.

Responding to you is entertaining, not you continually asking for links because that is what you do day in day out, link surf.............🤗

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Responding to you is entertaining, not you continually asking for links because that is what you do day in day out, link surf.............🤗

I subscribe to the stance of the moderators rather than that of ignoramuses:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I subscribe to the stance of the moderators rather than that of ignoramuses:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

We KNOW you do............:saai:

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Once again, the UK isn't complicit in war crimes .

The U.K is making a stand  against the people who committed war crimes , those war crimes being taking hostages and using human shields 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, James105 said:

Which is why I wrote:

"It's not unreasonable to think about how the UK's cultural landscape may change, but the chances of the UK becoming a Muslim nation any time soon is not large.".

So I don't understand your point unless you think that 2180 is "soon".