Taylor Swift Celebrated for Pride Month Message During 'Eras Tour'

image.png

Taylor Swift has received widespread acclaim for her heartfelt support of the LGBTQ+ community during a recent concert in France as part of her record-breaking Eras Tour. The pop sensation, known for her advocacy and inclusive messages, made a poignant statement celebrating Pride Month, resonating deeply with fans and garnering praise across social media.

Swift’s Eras Tour, which began in March 2023, has already set records as the highest-grossing live music tour, even before reaching the halfway mark of its 152 shows worldwide. Currently in the midst of the European leg, Swift performed at Groupama Stadium in Lyon, France, on June 2, where she made headlines for her uplifting message.

"Happy Pride Month, Lyon," Swift declared to the audience while performing her 2019 hit "You Need to Calm Down," a song that tackles internet trolls and homophobia while expressing support for the LGBTQ+ community. This moment was captured on video and first posted to X (formerly Twitter) by user @dearpaitence, with the caption: "TAYLOR SAYING HAPPY PRIDE MONTH #LyonTSTheErasTour." The video quickly went viral, being reshared by @tswifterastour, an unofficial tour update account, and the entertainment page @PopCrave. Collectively, the video has amassed over 1.2 million views.

Fans reacted emotionally to Swift’s message, with many sharing their experiences and expressing gratitude. One fan commented, "Crying, sobbing, and then there was Ro and I in that stadium with our flags [multiple crying emojis] we truly took that concert like it was a Pride parade (and it was)." Another fan shared, "If she does this in Edinburgh, I'm just gonna bawl and turn to my mum and say I like women, then she's gonna go, 'I know.'" Other comments included, "HAPPY PRIDE MONTH TO YOU TOO TAY," and "OH I LOVE HER [crying emoji and heart hands emoji]," reflecting the deep emotional connection fans have with Swift and her support for the LGBTQ+ community.

The significance of Swift's message is rooted in a long history of Pride celebrations. Twenty-five years ago, President Bill Clinton declared June as Gay and Lesbian Pride Month, commemorating the 1969 Stonewall Uprising, a pivotal event in the LGBTQ+ rights movement. In 2011, President Barack Obama expanded Pride Month to include the entire LGBTQ+ community, further solidifying June as a time for celebration and reflection.

Swift’s Eras Tour is a monumental production featuring 16 backup dancers, four vocalists, and a dedicated live band. The three-and-a-half-hour show spans 44 songs across 10 acts, each representing a different "era" of Swift’s illustrious career. Recently, the setlist was updated to include tracks from her 11th studio album, *The Tortured Poets Department (TTPD)*, released in April. The album shattered streaming records, becoming Spotify's most-streamed album in a single day with 300 million streams in 24 hours, and has topped the Billboard 200 album charts for five consecutive weeks.

Following the European leg, which concludes in mid-August, Swift will perform in select American cities, including Miami, New Orleans, and Indianapolis, before wrapping up the tour in Canada. The final show is scheduled for December 8 in Vancouver, just days before Swift's 35th birthday on December 13.

Taylor Swift's Pride Month message in Lyon is a testament to her enduring commitment to inclusivity and support for the LGBTQ+ community. As her Eras Tour continues to break records and touch lives, Swift remains a powerful advocate for love, acceptance, and the celebration of diversity.

Credit: Newsweek 2024-06-08

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Aww I think I touched a nerve….are you triggered?lol or are you perhaps trying to virtue signal lol 😂 she’s a drop dead gorgeous woman of talent and sure it’s a plus that she sees trump for what he is ….and this thread is about that mega star Taylor Swift not the disgraced ex president citizen trump

I see Sleazy Joe was polluting the planet  the other day. Crapped himself again 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Aww I think I touched a nerve….are you triggered?lol or are you perhaps trying to virtue signal lol 😂 she’s a drop dead gorgeous woman of talent and sure it’s a plus that she sees trump for what he is ….and this thread is about that mega star Taylor Swift not the disgraced ex president citizen trump

The funny thing being that Trump probably helped her making more money by extending her fame. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

Who wants to bet when she endorses Biden? I'd say September or October which should give the millions of her young fans ample time to register to vote.

Do you have a problem with young people voting?

5 hours ago, lavender19 said:

Yet another bandwagon to jump on. Why don't these overpaid ***** stick to what they do. 

Why don't you tell that all royal families who travel around the world and using taxpayers' money and giving back nothing 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:
3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Who wants to bet when she endorses Biden? I'd say September or October which should give the millions of her young fans ample time to register to vote.

Do you have a problem with young people voting?

good on you for completely misunderstanding that comment. pretty sure he was saying it in a positive way. meaning that if she endorses biden it will entice millions of her fans to then vote. which will mean that many more votes for biden.

do you have a problem with more votes for biden ? see how i did that. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

good on you for completely misunderstanding that comment. pretty sure he was saying it in a positive way. meaning that if she endorses biden it will entice millions of her fans to then vote. which will mean that many more votes for biden.

do you have a problem with more votes for biden ? see how i did that. 

Maybe it's our Canadian English that some don't get. You know, clear and straight forward speaking.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How dare she have the temerity to express opinions, travel for business, make a fortune actually by doing something and influence millions of her young followers with ideas of inclusion, caring for the planet and supporting the idea of letting people love who ever it is they happen to love.

She is a hypocrite. One rule for the plebs that come to watch her, and another rule for the her and her rich chums.

A classic elitist leftist. 

No wonder you like her. 😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

She is a hypocrite. One rule for the plebs that come to watch her, and another rule for the her and her rich chums.

A classic elitist leftist. 

No wonder you like her. 😃

Young, intelligent, articulate, assertive woman, who sticks up for herself and is making a positive difference with her life.

No wonder you don’t like her.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Young,

34 isn't that young. Although her lyrics do suggest she is mentally still a teenager. That's probably part of the act though. 

intelligent,

She's smart enough to target a young, confused, naive audience. I'll give her that...

articulate

When it comes to crooning about teenage angst and breaking up with her boyfriend. Although most of the songs are written by someone else. 

, assertive woman,

She's definitely mouthy about issues she appears to know little about. 

who sticks up for herself and is making a positive difference with her life.

She's certainly coining it in by jetting around the world pumping out huge amounts of carbon while telling her fans not to. So I genuinely commend her on her capitalist prowess, if she is a little too elitist and hypocritical for my liking.. 

No wonder you don’t like her.

Au contrare, I mean, I totally would...

15 hours ago, gargamon said:

She's not the only Biden supporter among the elite celebs, so yeah, hope they all come out for khun Joe before the election.  Who does Trump have?  Ted Nugent and Kid Rock?  55555

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

She's not the only Biden supporter among the elite celebs

Yep, the ultra rich elitist lefties certainly know which side their bread is buttered. DeNiro is another one.

Trump supporters tend to be more your typical working man. 

Fortunately, multi-millionaire, elitist actor/singer luvvie's votes count exactly the same as Bill the auto-mechanic's. Much to their chagrin.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yep, the ultra rich elitist lefties certainly know which side their bread is buttered. DeNiro is another one.

Trump supporters tend to be more your typical working man. 

Fortunately, multi-millionaire, elitist actor/singer luvvie's votes count exactly the same as Bill the auto-mechanic's. Much to their chagrin.

Come on, you know that's not true.  Trump has quite a few billionaire buddies, particularly in the oil and gas, coal industries, not to mention Musk, Tucker, Hannity, too many to name.  As for Biden, I'd say union workers qualify for the "typical working man."  And then there's the middle class black, Hispanics, educated whites and Asians, etc.  Trump does have the Evangelicals....even though it's clear to everyone that Biden is more of a Christian than Trump will ever be.  I've never understood how the Evangelicals can support a corrupt, lying, cheating conman who's never read the Bible in his life.  But it is what it is.