Put those SEATS back !

Posted (edited)

On my two recent plane trips I was in economy, bought two seats to be comfortable!!!💺💺

Both time the people in front put their seats back...reclined ....which then...I had to put my seat back 

Like a DOMINO effect ....and please don't get me started on... DOMINO'S 

But getting off point there is a man st my work with the name DOMINO

So I looked left to the middle seats to see the next row ,a Arabic guy sitting shouting on his phone ...with throatal type sounds ...had already RECLINED his seat before takeoff leaving the elderly man behind him squashed but too scared to say anything to his dominate arab front man seat dweller 

So the seats on QANTAS went right back making it virtually impossible to look at your TV screen in front .

I started to laugh as I looked left with my two seats 💺 💺 

The elderly man was squashed in even at MEALTIME the arabic guy didn't put the seat up and the airline staff said NOTHING!

The poor man was squashed I felt at times to maybe let him sit next to me , was it my place up ASK the arabic man politely on his behalf 

Now please don't get me started on CEBU PACIFIC you can't put your seats back , thankyou !!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

And is he legally & morally obliged to ???

I guess at Meal times only 

The poor elderly man was in the inside Aisle seat leaving his right leg out 

I could hear the trolly dolly with her pushing that bloody trolly up & down excuse me please ,excuse me !

• Confused 1

Yeah - sh*t like that happens....

I got pinned down on an SFO - SYD fight by a lady that cranked the seat back & took a sleeping pill or 2....She didn't move the entire 17 hour flight.... I'm 6ft4in & it was either knees locked straight or indian style....The flight attendant couldn't rouse her....

In truth, however, the lady paid for that seat, including the reclining position to use at her privilege.....

What's worse to me is having a pushing & kicking kid in the seat directly behind me grinding his feet into the seat back....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

On my two recent plane trips I was in economy, bought two seats to be comfortable!!!

Maybe that´s what business class is for?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Maybe that´s what business class is for?

Business class was double the 2 seats 

$2000 Australian & $4200 business on Qantas 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh, dear! Was it the money you complained about, or did you want more comfort? It actually sounded like you wanted a better comfort, otherwise, why complain? You know, like you did, you just get the same 5h1t times 2

Edited by Gottfrid

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And everybody complains about Thai Arways I just flew with Thai and just paid 720 AUD non-stop to Perth multiply that by 2 only adds up to 1440.

2 hours ago, still kicking said:

And everybody complains about Thai Arways I just flew with Thai and just paid 720 AUD non-stop to Perth multiply that by 2 only adds up to 1440.

$990 each on Qantas 

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

On my two recent plane trips I was in economy, bought two seats to be comfortable!!!💺💺

Both time the people in front put their seats back...reclined ....which then...I had to put my seat back 

So I looked left to the middle seats to see the next row ,a Arabic guy sitting shouting on his phone ...with throatal type sounds ...had already RECLINED his seat before takeoff leaving the elderly man behind him squashed but too scared to say anything to his dominate arab front man seat dweller 

So the seats on QANTAS went right back making it virtually impossible to look at your TV screen in front .

The elderly man was squashed in even at MEALTIME the arabic guy didn't put the seat up and the airline staff said NOTHING!

The poor man was squashed I felt at times to maybe let him sit next to me , was it my place up ASK the arabic man politely on his behalf 

Now please don't get me started on CEBU PACIFIC you can't put your seats back , thankyou !!!!

Like Philippine airlines between Manila and Bangkok and you won't have that problem it's very extremely comfortable and great reclining seats

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Are you saying reclining seats should not be reclined ? Anyway, better to fly first class and avoid most of this hassle.

Edited by Thingamabob

15 hours ago, hankypankee said:

Seat backs on airplanes? How? I never saw that before. I fly at least 50 times a year. Those seats can move?

Do they put you in baggage?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluejets said:

There was talk in the media a few months back where airlines were considering removing the "recliner " seats or at least disabling that feature.

Sooner the better I say.

You try sitting in a seat on an international flight for 12 hours without reclining.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

If you really booked 2 seats (I doubt it), and would do your mathematics...... wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a better seat in the business class for the same price ????😳

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

I flew Jetstar from Melbourne AUD $770 return direct to Bangkok with meal and 14 kilo's. On time too. 

22 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Flying is miserable (maybe different in Business or First). I just accept 14h of misery and get on with it. 

I flew economy all my life, then China Air gave me a free business class upgrade. Like the drug pushers say, "The first one is free." I haven't gone back to economy since.

• Haha 1

I totally blame the airlines.  With Economy configurations these days with such tight space, allowing the seats to recline more than just a little makes for a bad experience for the passenger behind the reclined seat.  You end up with endless arguments on whether you should ever recline your seat at all.  Airlines need to step in and change their seat reclinement so that it only reclines a few inches--that seems to be the best solution to a bad situation--brought on by the airlines themselves.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well that would be $800 AUD for one way !!!😮

I'm thinking more like $606. And you said you paid $2000 for two seats, so it's a lot less using Justfly.

Edited by fredwiggy

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I flew Jetstar from Melbourne AUD $770 return direct to Bangkok with meal and 14 kilo's. On time too. 

Crammed into economy!!!!

And....the person in front put their set back !!! 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

If you really booked 2 seats (I doubt it), and would do your mathematics...... wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a better seat in the business class for the same price ????😳

$1990 for 2 economy seats ,and it was around $3900 for business 

You will see currently QANTAS have business class at $4200 compared to their economy at $890

You can book 2 seats by booking with the airline directly, and I wasn't the only one .

You only pay ONE set of taxes but you DON'T get 2 meals or 2 baggage allowance 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1