Far-Right Rhetoric Intensifies Following Trump's Guilty Verdict

image.png

The recent guilty verdict against former President Donald Trump has spurred an alarming increase in inflammatory rhetoric and threats from far-right groups and white nationalists. Monitoring organizations have reported a surge in violent threats, racist language, and conspiracy theories, particularly aimed at people of color and immigrants, reflecting the deepening political and social tensions in the United States.

In the immediate aftermath of the verdict, far-right groups took to online platforms to voice their outrage. White nationalists likened Trump's conviction to the United States becoming a "third world country" or a "banana republic," as reported by the Western States Center, a group that monitors anti-democracy movements. The Proud Boys, a well-known far-right extremist group, issued a statement on one of its websites: "Don't be surprised, you know this was going to happen. Stand back and stand by this is far from over, we promise." Additionally, an Ohio chapter of the Proud Boys explicitly vowed "war," further escalating the rhetoric of resistance and confrontation.

Stephen Miller, a former Trump aide and the current president of America First Legal, expressed similar sentiments. In a statement, he declared, "This is the road to serfdom — unless this Marxist lawfare is stopped, halted, and reversed and democracy restored." This kind of language underscores the belief among Trump's supporters that the legal actions against him are part of a broader conspiracy aimed at dismantling their political movement.

Trump himself has contributed to this charged atmosphere by making threats about prosecuting his opponents and using bigoted language to describe immigrants. After the verdict, he responded with rhetoric associated with the white replacement theory, claiming, "Millions of people pouring into our country right now from prisons and from mental institutions...and they're taking over our country." This language is designed to incite fear and resentment among his supporters, further inflaming already heightened tensions.

Lindsay Schubiner, program director at the Western States Center, warned that the violent promises from various far-right groups could encourage individuals to commit acts of violence. She emphasized, "It lays the groundwork for more anti-democracy actions and that's particularly dangerous in the lead-up to the election." Schubiner also pointed out that many social media posts blame immigrants for Trump's guilty verdict, despite the case having no connection to immigration. This scapegoating serves to divert attention from the actual legal issues and stoke racial and xenophobic tensions.

The rhetoric from these groups has also included attacks on the racial diversity of New York City, where Trump's trial was held, and racist remarks about Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who is Black. Such comments are part of a broader pattern of racist and bigoted language that has become increasingly prevalent in far-right discourse.

Brian Levin, the recently retired director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism, noted a significant increase in Google searches for terms like "rigged trial," "boycott New York," and "kill the judge" following the verdict. He observed, "While violent and intimidation-directed rhetoric definitively sloped up, it did so the week before the conviction, when there were similar false narratives concerning some of Mr. Trump's other difficulties already in mainstream circulation." This suggests that the heightened rhetoric and threats were not isolated incidents but part of a broader pattern of extremist behavior.

The response from extremist groups underscores the normalization of conspiracies and aggression in reaction to current events. Schubiner expressed concern that the unchecked behavior online could become normalized, putting immigrants and people of color at increased risk. The normalization of extremist behavior is particularly troubling given the potential for real-world violence.

These recent events highlight the dangerous intersection of political rhetoric, extremist ideologies, and the potential for violence. The rhetoric from far-right groups and white nationalists, amplified by Trump's own statements, creates an environment where violence and intimidation are increasingly viewed as acceptable responses to political and legal setbacks. This development poses a significant threat to the safety and well-being of vulnerable communities, as well as to the integrity of the democratic process.

Credit: Daily AXIOS 2024-06-08

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Agree 1

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

These recent events highlight the dangerous intersection of political rhetoric, extremist ideologies, and the potential for violence. The rhetoric from far-right groups and white nationalists, amplified by Trump's own statements, creates an environment where violence and intimidation are increasingly viewed as acceptable responses to political and legal setbacks. This development poses a significant threat to the safety and well-being of vulnerable communities, as well as to the integrity of the democratic process.

Democratic process? Do tell.

IMO if the Dems were not so obviously bad, there would likely be no right wing outrage, and America would not be descending into chaos. Look no further than Clinton and Biden/ Harris to see why middle America is rebelling against Washington.

I just realised that I have no recollection of Clinton's VP pick. Poor Senator Tim Kaine to be so invisible and forgettable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

I know it’s hard for you to resist slandering Joe Biden but just who pray tell killed the strongest border legislation in decades humm?the person you so desperately want to saddle my nation with that’s who

How is it slandering when stating a fact? I could care less about who is the Prez there as long as it does not interfere with my life here. Or are you a hardened Biden fan that ignores the facts or sees them their opening borders and supporting hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants into the country? I would bet if you lived in the US and were near these camps having them walk on your property or near enough to be part of your life that you would be singing a different tune. 

As for Trump, you reap what you sow. If he really did bad and it can be proven then throw his ars___ in jail. I could care less

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

What a crock. This language is the truth and it is already happening. He only forgot to add the spies and criminals being allowed to run free in the country that came in through Biden's open border policies. 

If I am wrong, then why are there many cases now in courts in the US about spies being caught flying drones taking photos of naval bases or foreigners illegally entering military bases? Who can say what type of people have entered since the borders were opening. The authorities have to wait until the criminal acts to catch him. I suspect for every one caught there are a hundred more waiting for their chance to try. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Trump / right hit piece ... big surprise :coffee1:

From wiki:

"According to a 2020 Knight Foundation study, Axios is generally read by a moderate audience, leaning slightly toward the left.  Ground News, AllSides, and Media Bias/Fact Check, have all rated Axios as having a "lean left" bias."

Good catch !

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

What a crock. This language is the truth and it is already happening. He only forgot to add the spies and criminals being allowed to run free in the country that came in through Biden's open border policies. 

Spies don't need an open border to get into the US. That's why they are Spies! :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - Can always count on seeing your name first in any article on Trump.  Why not post that Trump raised $300 million in May.  Most this was after the phony conviction.  Enough Americans are catching on and are throwing their support to him.  Since the Left owns the Billionaires, (Even though the Left says the Republicans are the Party of the rich), Trump's supporters donate $35 on average.  Those that donate WILL vote in Nov.  Ballots in drop off boxes will not save Biden this time.  Also, Trump made a trip tp Silicon Valley, a Democrat stronghold and raised $12 million, will a few more large donors that did not show up but will be donating to Trump.  Trump's phony conviction of 34 counts is nothing compare to the damage that this one man wrecking named Biden has done to the USA and our allies.  He has never said anything in a speech that makes anyone proud to be an America.  The Left hates America and shows this everyday.  He so needs the 'River to the sea crowd' and Dearbornastan in MI to take that state.  He supplies Iran with money so they can funnel it to their proxies in the Middle East.  When Trump left office, Iran was in a box with their reserve in US Dollars being about $4 billion.  Biden has let them out, plus gave them billions and lifted the embargo on Iranian oil.  They now have a $200 billion dollar reserve.  Biden is asking Iran not to announce they have or will very soon have nuclear bombs until after the election in case he loses.  Again it will be up to a Republican to clean up the mess that Democrats have created.

Where do you get your information from? Twitter? YouTube? Good gosh. What a rant of misinformation

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'm not surprised.

Convicted felon is the new deplorables. But this time it exposes the whole justice system as opposed to just the votriol of a woman scorned. The former presidents cheated on bitter wife.

The Dems will rue the day.

The whole justice system? Wow. What a stretch.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

It's a fact the rhetoric has intensified. Just read some of the posts here. Just parroting what they read on dodgy right wing media outlets and dodgy politicians. Trump being the worst

Only balanced by the left wing nuts ... why I try to avoid both, not watching any MSM.   Actually get 99.9% of my headlines here/AN, and avoid 99.9% of those.

I peek at RT News headlines, make sure nobody dropped a nuke anywhere, or to predict/prepare for the next silly inflationary period for no real reason.

Other than that, I'll continue to live in my own little world, uninfluenced by repetitive op-eds/new-blips.

Edited by KhunLA

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Only balanced by the left wing nuts ... why I try to avoid both, not watching any MSM.   Actually get 99.9% of my headlines here/AN, and avoid 99.9% of those.

I peek at RT News headlines, make sure nobody dropped a nuke anywhere, or to predict/prepare for the next silly inflationary period for no real reason.

Other than that, I'll continue to live in my own little world, uninfluenced by repetitive op-eds/new-blips.

Left wing nuts? Biased a bit?

RT? Seriously? Worst source for factual information there is. Pure propaganda

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Left wing nuts? Biased a bit?

RT? Seriously? Worst source for factual information there is. Pure propaganda

So you've read RT quite a bit, and came to that conclusion ?

RT has been much better than MSM ... IMHO, and find it much less bias.  Some news-blips have even been posted here.  Picked up and repeated by other news outlets, but source was RT.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So you've read RT quite a bit, and came to that conclusion ?

RT has been much better than MSM ... IMHO, and find it much less bias.  Some news-blips have even been posted here.  Picked up and repeated by other news outlets, but source was RT.

Drank the kool-aid. RT is a propaganda mouth piece for Putin. Yes. I've scanned it a few times to see the ridiculous articles after members here mention it. As you know. It's not allowed here. Wonder why? :cheesy:

Definitely not better than MSM unless you are referring to Faux news

Edited by Roo Island
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1