Taliban Holds Mass Flogging in Afghan Sports Stadium, Drawing Global Condemnation

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps we should have a thread on that.

My comment was not pertaining to having a thread on that. It wasn't that difficult to understand. It was a comment on why in this thread on that topic, the Lattefada haven't showed up yet to offer their sympathies and pity to the poor victims as they inevitably do whenever Palestinians are involved. Did these folks do something awful to trigger this horrible violence? Perhaps if they had perpetrated a pogrom, they'd be getting the support of people like yourself?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

My comment was not pertaining to having a thread on that. It wasn't that difficult to understand. It was a comment on why in this thread on that topic, the Lattefada haven't showed up yet to offer their sympathies and pity to the poor victims as they inevitably do whenever Palestinians are involved. Did these folks do something awful to trigger this horrible violence? Perhaps if they had perpetrated a pogrom, they'd be getting the support of people like yourself?

Can you provide a quote from me that justifies this claim of your?:

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

but when 200,000 CHILDREN alone are at threat of famine and death and civilians are desperately forming militias to fight off roaming bands of para-militaries in a real-world Mad Max scenario, that's just "meh" to you

Any “Meh” I have posted on the subject will do.

1 hour ago, Humpy said:

So the US/UK Forces lost hundreds of lives fighting the Taliban to no vail. When will the West stop interfering in these walking dog vomit countries ? 

the war was illegal, so those politicians and anyone that supported it are to blame and the blood is on their hands, they sahouyld be held accountable..will the be...not chance, but the masses/sheep move on and willingly cheer on the next war.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Why on earth didn’t the afghans fight for their freedom when they had the chance…..bad religion……

I am caught in a dilemma. While I support democracy (the will of the majority of a citizen population), I also hold those same populations responsible for the actions taken by their representative governments. It matters not if the citizens support or acquiesce to those actions. This is on my mind in looking at all nations, including my own. For example, I hold the people of Gaza responsible for Hamas actions ... equally I hold the citizens of Israel responsible for their government's actions. Russians? Haiti? The list can be applied widely ...

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Allah is looking down on their doings with approval and will reward them on their deaths with an orgy of nubile virgins.

It's odd that they are punishing sodomy when the promised heavenly reward of 72 virgins also includes boys to bugger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can you provide a quote from me that justifies this claim of your?:

Any “Meh” I have posted on the subject will do.

You are the one who raised this as an issue, not I. You claimed I shouldn't have made this post since it is apparently "whataboutary". I think it's a valid point. You apparently do not, hence it is a reasonable assumption that you are one of those people, something I have confirmed in my observations on the Gaza threads where you appear to be Pro-Hamas.

9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

After 20 years, in other words, absolutely nothing took that would have made Afghanistan more tolerant, enlightened, or even slightly democratic. It went right back to being what it really is. Twenty years and trillions of dollars utterly wasted. And somewhere George W. Bush is painting a picture.

I supported the USA taking military action against Afghanistan as they did allow/support the training bases used by those who attacked the USA. However, having been exposed to a bit of history, I opposed any idea of staying and trying to change the culture in the image of western democracy types. Not an idea consistent with known history.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - Nothing to say about the totally botched withdrawal from Afghanistan by the Biden Administration??  Neither General Millie or Austin fired.  No on gets fired in the Biden Administration.  Maybe someone who would ware a MAGA hat would be fired.  Just guessing.  Who else would have been stupid enough to close Bagram AFB before removing or destroying our military equipment and getting our forces out first.  This base was located where where the US could watch Russia and parts of China too.  Now it is a void.  But Biden is letting in thousands of Chinese into the country and has allowed the sale of US (farmland) that just happens to be nears our most secret and powerful military bases in America.  How man US citizens have been killed there since we left?  How many are still there?  How many bad Afghanistan actors were airlifted out?   I know Trump is the bad one in your eyes.

Trump created that Scenario , Bringing Taliban to Camp David , Trump probably planned that suicide bombing POS Traitor 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It's odd that they are punishing sodomy when the promised heavenly reward of 72 virgins also includes boys to bugger.

Women are for babies , young boys are for fun they spouted 

42 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You are the one who raised this as an issue, not I. You claimed I shouldn't have made this post since it is apparently "whataboutary". I think it's a valid point. You apparently do not, hence it is a reasonable assumption that you are one of those people, something I have confirmed in my observations on the Gaza threads where you appear to be Pro-Hamas.

It clearly was whataboutary.

There is no reasonable assumption excuse for assuming views that have not been expressed.

Hamas is a vile terrorist organization, I have consistently condemned their obscene terrorist attack, there is no justification in accusing me of being ‘Pro-Hamas’.

But I’ll go further.

Hamas is a proscribed terrorist organization, support of Hamas is a serious crime.

Libel is also a serious crime, your accusation of me being pro-Hamas is a libel.

I suggest you moderate your posting.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

58 minutes ago, John Drake said:

After 20 years, in other words, absolutely nothing took that would have made Afghanistan more tolerant, enlightened, or even slightly democratic. It went right back to being what it really is. Twenty years and trillions of dollars utterly wasted. And somewhere George W. Bush is painting a picture.

But it did give the CIA control of the worlds largest Opium crop for many years...

3 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - Nothing to say about the totally botched withdrawal from Afghanistan by the Biden Administration??  Neither General Millie or Austin fired.  No on gets fired in the Biden Administration.  Maybe someone who would ware a MAGA hat would be fired.  Just guessing.  Who else would have been stupid enough to close Bagram AFB before removing or destroying our military equipment and getting our forces out first.  This base was located where where the US could watch Russia and parts of China too.  Now it is a void.  But Biden is letting in thousands of Chinese into the country and has allowed the sale of US (farmland) that just happens to be nears our most secret and powerful military bases in America.  How man US citizens have been killed there since we left?  How many are still there?  How many bad Afghanistan actors were airlifted out?   I know Trump is the bad one in your eyes.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Trump signed the deal with the Taliban in February 2020 that committed the US to a withdrawal by May 1 2021. Up until he left (was forced out of) office in January 2021, he did little or nothing to actually make all the logistics happen. He lowered the troop numbers by about 30% to a little over 8000, and to 2500 by the time Biden took power, but what did he actually do to dismantle and remove the massive amount of infrastructure and equipment? He was too busy claiming a fraudulent election and putting himself first, as he always does.

Biden took power at the end of January 2021, leaving him with just 3 months to organise the withdrawal, which was going to be impossible. There were still 2500 troops present and many thousands of tons of heavy equipment. The Taliban massively increased their attacks in this period and so Biden had little or no choice but to get the rest of the overpowered troops out, with a consequence that lots of equipment was left behind. The Afghan's own forces literally collapsed at the same time.

Yes I'm sure there were mistakes made by the Biden administration and, with 20/20 hindsight different decisions could have been made, but Trump set the impossible timeline.

EDIT: ...and let's not forget that Trump gave Biden pretty much ZERO handover throughout this whole period, with the US still reeling from the Jan 6th attack on the Capitol and Trumps constant droning on about how he was wronged. Yes Trump, the real piece of work that is out to look after the interests of the US, NOT!

Edited by Woof999
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Pray tell how should the withdrawal have been handled?

Are you a logistics expert? You know how to remove 20 years worth of military equipment, and do it without the Taliban taking endless potshots at troops and contractors removing broken down and maybe even obsolete gear?

Do you know where the current leadership of Afghanistan was during the last Administration? 5000 jihadis were being held in jail. Guess who released them? (Hint: he has 34 felony convictions). The last guy also set the timetable for withdrawal.

How many American soldiers would you be willing to sacrifice to carry out a withdrawal according to your ideals? 100? 1000? Nobody is easier to kill than a retreating force.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/us/politics/milley-senate-hearing-afghanistan.html

WASHINGTON — Pentagon leaders publicly acknowledged on Tuesday that they advised President Biden not to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan ahead of a chaotic evacuation in which 13 U.S. service members died in a suicide bombing and 10 Afghan civilians were killed in an American drone strike.

When Biden took over the watch, the responsibility of the withdrawl fell on his shoulders. Prior to taking the watch biden should already have had a plan. When I took the Conn on a ship if the previous Mate had us on a bad course I couldn't just stay on the course, have an accident and blame the previous Mate.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

TRUMP as the Greatest Negotiator every (just ask him) did all the negotiations with the Taliban and set the stage for the earlier withdrawl that Biden the braindead couldn't figure it all out plus poor senior

military caught in between the two.  Never forget, those 20 years of US troop presence meant that females of all ages were able to go to school and escape the evil replacements.  As for the Chinese, I just recently read that a Chinese student was caught using a drone to photograph a naval shipyard in the US.  According to reports from immigration, the abundance of Chinese males of military age are pouring into the southern border in record numbers.  Biden and co. useless anyway, can't get the republicans to work out a deal on the immigration.  Our  congress is just about useless except for comedy skits.  All they seem to care about is getting re-elected and not on attempting to fix all the problems the country now faces.  My opinion anyway as I do not like Trump nor Biden - both useless except causing big problems.