The Surge of Islamist Violence: Why the West Remains Silent

5 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

better than a war torn country perhaps.

but that still only makes it one of the taller midgets in the circus. 

There were very few better places in the world to live until 20-30 years ago.

Then liberal immigration policies led to dilution of the culture and multiple social problems. 

It's still better than large parts of Asia, South America, Africa, Russia etc. but 20 more years of the EU and left wing "progressive" policies and you might have a point.  

Edited by JonnyF

On 6/10/2024 at 8:15 AM, save the frogs said:

Regarding this incident, I need more info.

I looked up the guy's youtube channel, but it's not in English.

He's probably advocating deporting all muslims.

Similarly on here, when the govt has some anti-western immigration policy or rhetoric, people are fuming. Why? Because you want to stay here. 

My parents were immigrants. So am I supposed to take an anti-immigrant stance? 

Japan has an anti-immigrant stance. There is some wisdom to it. Human beings are inherently racist and it's not easy for different cultures to mix. And the culture does get diluted when there are too many immigrants.

But in some countries, the ship has sailed. There's no turning back. And where is it all heading? In 200 or 600 years, you won't be able to tell the difference between a white person and an arab and an asian because they will merge into one giant mixed race. At least racism will be solved. And who are you gonna go to war with if everyone is a mix of 6 different ethnicities? 

This is what we will all look like in the future.

National Geographic determined what Americans will look like ...

She looks like many Israelis, who for several generations have mixed European and Middle Eastern "races".

Hasn't worked there has It - stopping attacks on them I mean.

It is not inherently racial, it is inherently religious.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:32 AM, Celsius said:

What Western immigrants in Thailand?

Me. But the difference is that I have worked here, paid my taxes and not sponged off the state. I have also learned the language and adapted to Thai culture and not attempted to force my idealogies/religion on anyone. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Do you feel threatened by the number of people who follow a religion different than yours expanding?

I don't. 

I wish there would be more Pastafarians like me, but I won't lose too much sleep over it. 

The Flying Spaghetti Monster : r/fsm

I don't mind there religion it's what they stand for .

Have you red the Quran by any chance?

There's some real Violence and Bad stuff in it. 

Some examples:

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone” (Quran 2:191-193).

“Strike off their heads and strike from them every fingertip” (Quran 8:12).

“Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties; in exchange for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, so they slay and are slain” (Quran 9:111).

“Truly Allah loves those who fight in His cause in battle

… (more)Upvote

Related

What are stupid things mentioned in the Quran?

The list goes unbearably long! On the top of my mind I can lift the following:

The earth is flat, more than 10 instance they call earth flat like a bed or a broken egg.

Semen comes from between the ribs, seems like muhammad as a smart man, tried to justify the creationist story of creation of women. Or derived his understanding from there.

Women are half worth of a man, male chauvnistic pig that he was. Explained out with women's periods.

Women are property of men, and a child mill. And their duty is too please their man.

Mountains are like nails holding the earth together.

That muhammad claimed he split the moon into 2. Then joined them again

That it allowed pedophile, rather encouraged it with muhammad.

Sun sets in muddy waters.

Moon follows the sun.

Meteors are stars shot by devil.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

There were very few better places in the world to live until 20-30 years ago.

Then liberal immigration policies led to dilution of the culture and multiple social problems. 

It's still better than large parts of Asia, South America, Africa, Russia etc. but 20 more years of the EU and left wing "progressive" policies and you might have a point.  

You managed to blame immigrants, liberals and the EU all in the same post; impressive. However, unfortunately your post is devoid of fact.

The idea that Europe was some idyllic wonderland 20, 30 or 40 years ago is a fallacy; it had most of the same problems that, unfortunately, persist today. If anything, the problems were more marked. In the UK, there were full-on riots in Brixton, Liverpool and other places and the NF and other far-right groups were more openly racist and hostile in their actions.

The UK has had relatively liberal immigration policies since, at least, WW2 as immigrants are needed for the labour market. 

As for the dilution of culture. I still go to church, have a Sunday roast, have a beer before going to the football, etc. (ok, I don't go to church but I could if I were that way inclined).

I don't know where you get the idea from that left-wing progressive policies have been implemented over the past 20 years? The UK and the vast majority of EU states have had centre-right or right-wing governments throughout the majority of this period.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I don't mind there religion it's what they stand for .

Have you red the Quran by any chance?

There's some real Violence and Bad stuff in it. 

Some examples:

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone” (Quran 2:191-193).

“Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties; in exchange for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, so they slay and are slain” (Quran 9:111).

… (more)Upvote

Related

What are stupid things mentioned in the Quran?

The list goes unbearably long! On the top of my mind I can lift the following:

The earth is flat, more than 10 instance they call earth flat like a bed or a broken egg.

Semen comes from between the ribs, seems like muhammad as a smart man, tried to justify the creationist story of creation of women. Or derived his understanding from there.

Women are half worth of a man, male chauvnistic pig that he was. Explained out with women's periods.

Women are property of men, and a child mill. And their duty is too please their man.

Mountains are like nails holding the earth together.

That muhammad claimed he split the moon into 2. Then joined them again

That it allowed pedophile, rather encouraged it with muhammad.

Sun sets in muddy waters.

Moon follows the sun.

Meteors are stars shot by devil.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam is related, and all Abraham religions, do have the same stories, same violence, the same monoistic view on their god. 

Abraham was the first Hebrew patriarch and is revered in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. According to the Bible, he was called by God to journey to a new land, where he founded a new nation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

You managed to blame immigrants, liberals and the EU all in the same post; impressive. However, unfortunately your post is devoid of fact.

The idea that Europe was some idyllic wonderland 20, 30 or 40 years ago is a fallacy; it had most of the same problems that, unfortunately, persist today. If anything, the problems were more marked. In the UK, there were full-on riots in Brixton, Liverpool and other places and the NF and other far-right groups were more openly racist and hostile in their actions.

The UK has had relatively liberal immigration policies since, at least, WW2 as immigrants are needed for the labour market. 

As for the dilution of culture. I still go to church, have a Sunday roast, have a beer before going to the football, etc. (ok, I don't go to church but I could if I were that way inclined).

I don't know where you get the idea from that left-wing progressive policies have been implemented over the past 20 years? The UK and the vast majority of EU states have had centre-right or right-wing governments throughout the majority of this period.

Uk always had problems with poverty and huge differences between poverty and the rich. Imigrants is maybe not the problem, but how we recieve them and give them fair oppertunities and not just become the soi dogs. 

And mixing cultures and religions is not a good idea when it becomes to dense in curtain areas, and create toxic sub cultures. 

• Haha 1

I can answer this! It´s easy peasy. It has nothing to do with democratic values or sneaky meetoo or whatever. The west is simply scared. They are many in every country today. An act against them would be met with mass bombings all over the world.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I can answer this! It´s easy peasy. It has nothing to do with democratic values or sneaky meetoo or whatever. The west is simply scared. They are many in every country today. An act against them would be met with mass bombings all over the world.

Well, we have to give them a future where they have something to loose, give them a place in our socitety, and also make sure the young men feel responsibility and being part of the society! Those young men without a future, is those at risk to become criminal and extreminists

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

According to your way of thinking, it's irrelevant whether or not the evidence supports the allegation. And to point that out is somehow off topic.

From that gibberish, I'm not even sure if you are on any topic posted here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I live in Bangkok and on Sunday I go to the pub to watch football/boxing, have a roast and a few pints of Guinness, could go to church if I wanted, so judging by the fact there are a few Western themed pubs and a church around Sukhumvit I guess we can conclude Thai culture hasn't infiltrated Bangkok yet either. Wonder when that will happen...

Or maybe we can conclude that you haven't integrated into Thai culture and society.

Somewhat ironic given that you often accuse immigrants to the UK of exactly the same charge.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Of course they have had left wing policies. The fact that the so called Conservatives have now adopted liberal policies on so many issues is why they are about to lose power and IMO cease to exist within 10 years. Unfortunately for the left, they will be replaced by a party further to the right of centre than the Conservatives were that will (again IMO) likely replace Labour once they've wrecked the economy again.

Of course the UK hasn't had left-wing policies; at least, not for the last 14 years: Economic austerity measures, cuts to public services, an isolationist foreign policy. All symbolic of a right-of-centre government.

Whether the Conservative Party ceases to exist or falls victim to a reverse take-over from Farage/ Reform remains to be seen, although I agree that it is a possibility.

If the polls are correct, then Labour will probably be governing for, at least, two terms although, of course, once again time will tell.

Along with most of the electorate, I don't have much idea what are Labour's economic policies. They have been careful not to spell them out. However, it is difficult to believe that they will enact a more painful act of economic masochism than Johnson's Brexit deal.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

As for EU states, they are bound by the EU's leftist policies on freedom of movement, over zealous regulation, internationalism, influenced by the likes of Macron. 

Macron may have campaigned in 2017 on a centre-left platform, but his time in office has been noticeable for his autocratic and right-wing policies such as his attempts to rewrite the constitution to give himself more power; labour market reforms; raising of the pension age, etc.

As for the EU. On the one hand, you criticise the EU's freedom of movement (of resources) - surely fundamental to a capitalist system? - while at the same time saying that the EU is over zealous in its' regulation (which is one of the hallmarks of a command economy). You seem confused about what system you do want.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Well, we have to give them a future where they have something to loose, give them a place in our socitety, and also make sure the young men feel responsibility and being part of the society! Those young men without a future, is those at risk to become criminal and extreminists

Are you drunk? Or it might hopefully be a sarcastic joke.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Some examples:

Most people have the common sense to realize they will end up in prison if they murder.

And most people are more interested in raising their families than this nonsense. 

People who kill are normally people in desperate situations or who are provoked ... 

Of course if you start a Youtube channel advocating they should all leave the country, you might have an extremist on your hands. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Are you drunk? Or it might hopefully be a sarcastic joke.

What is wrong with my statements? 

How many of the expats feel appreciated in Thailand for who they are, their culture, and how do we adopt? 

Is there a dfference between the more wealthy of us, those who barelymeet the requirements or do not meet the requirements? 

Difference between those who succeeded in relationships and those who do not?

Being a young man, who do not fit in, have no other options, how do you think they are vulnerable to negative subcultures and dangerous sub cultures? 

Blaim the colonization for all their problems, not so different we claim immigrants for (some of) all our problems we are facing in our countries. 

Both  is a negative downspiral 

• Haha 1

The Sword Verse of the Quran Surat 9:5.  Death to non-believers.  

• 9:5 But once the Sacred Months have passed, kill the polytheists ˹who violated their treaties˺ wherever you find them, capture them, besiege them, and lie in wait for them on every way. But if they repent, perform prayers, and pay alms-tax, then set them free. Indeed, Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

1 hour ago, swerve said:

The Sword Verse of the Quran Surat 9:5.  Death to non-believers.  

• 9:5 But once the Sacred Months have passed, kill the polytheists ˹who violated their treaties˺ wherever you find them, capture them, besiege them, and lie in wait for them on every way. But if they repent, perform prayers, and pay alms-tax, then set them free. Indeed, Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

and you claim this do not exists in Torah and Bible? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

What is wrong with my statements? 

How many of the expats feel appreciated in Thailand for who they are, their culture, and how do we adopt? 

Is there a dfference between the more wealthy of us, those who barelymeet the requirements or do not meet the requirements? 

Difference between those who succeeded in relationships and those who do not?

Being a young man, who do not fit in, have no other options, how do you think they are vulnerable to negative subcultures and dangerous sub cultures? 

Blaim the colonization for all their problems, not so different we claim immigrants for (some of) all our problems we are facing in our countries. 

Both  is a negative downspiral 

Just need to answer the first question. I feel appreciated in Thailand. That from my wife, my children our friends and neighbors and the people I meet. However, I do not bring my culture here, as I adopt to the culture and ways of living and doing things in Thailand instead. In that you will find the biggest reason why I am and feel appreciated.

Of course there is a difference between, between the ones who meet and not meet the requirements for a permission to stay. The difference is that the ones who meet them are here legally, and the others are not. It´s also a difference between the ones who succeed in relationships and the ones who do not. Usually that goes down to intelligence and moving slow as well as making the right choices. Not fishing in the bars and get married after a week.

As a young man, your have to do your best to fit in, and not take your culture and ways of living to a foreign country. Also, you need to associate with the citizens in that country and accept them for the way they live and do things. Not colonize in segregated groups with only people from your own country of religion. See, no need for negative subcultures and dangerous sub cultures. Just melt in and accept your new home instead of making all from problems to fighting and killing an bombing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Uk always had problems with poverty and huge differences between poverty and the rich. Imigrants is maybe not the problem, but how we recieve them and give them fair oppertunities and not just become the soi dogs. 

And mixing cultures and religions is not a good idea when it becomes to dense in curtain areas, and create toxic sub cultures. 

Just stop with your sub-cultures. Dangerous sub-cultures are created by people with a specific agenda, that is usually not good.

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Christians and Jews tend to ignore the bad bits in their Holy books 

No, , I have signed out of the church. No longer belong to my given religion. So, the books you can throw in the bin. I am now using something that is usually called intelligence based on things that can be proven.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, , I have signed out of the church. No longer belong to my given religion. So, the books you can throw in the bin. I am now using something that is usually called intelligence based on things that can be proven.

I have also signed out, 

4 hours ago, RayC said:

Or maybe we can conclude that you haven't integrated into Thai culture and society.

Somewhat ironic given that you often accuse immigrants to the UK of exactly the same charge.

Of course the UK hasn't had left-wing policies; at least, not for the last 14 years: Economic austerity measures, cuts to public services, an isolationist foreign policy. All symbolic of a right-of-centre government.

Whether the Conservative Party ceases to exist or falls victim to a reverse take-over from Farage/ Reform remains to be seen, although I agree that it is a possibility.

If the polls are correct, then Labour will probably be governing for, at least, two terms although, of course, once again time will tell.

Along with most of the electorate, I don't have much idea what are Labour's economic policies. They have been careful not to spell them out. However, it is difficult to believe that they will enact a more painful act of economic masochism than Johnson's Brexit deal.

Macron may have campaigned in 2017 on a centre-left platform, but his time in office has been noticeable for his autocratic and right-wing policies such as his attempts to rewrite the constitution to give himself more power; labour market reforms; raising of the pension age, etc.

As for the EU. On the one hand, you criticise the EU's freedom of movement (of resources) - surely fundamental to a capitalist system? - while at the same time saying that the EU is over zealous in its' regulation (which is one of the hallmarks of a command economy). You seem confused about what system you do want.

The ideology being pushed in the West (which is worldwide at lower levels) is Liberalism, Modern Western Liberalism in fact, which is actually just promotion of the weak, and ultimately used for some very sinister goals that I will not into. Conservatives (actors) talk of conserving Liberalism from 20 or so years ago, and Labour are at a more advanced stage of this ideological pipeline. I am guessing you live in Thailand or spend a lot time in Thailand (?) If so you're a hypocrite to talk on this subject as your stance is very different to how Thailand addressing non-citizens and foreigners compared to the UK and BTW I am in defense of Thailand. Citizenship should be very hard to obtain and what it is to be Thai is still fairly coherent. I respect that. The thing is I also think it should be similar in European countries and I will not change my opinion based on talking on another race or nationality. You need to stick to the UK, Canada, Sweden etc. At least you will have company in your hypocrisy in those places, and if you live a few more decades you can witness a genuine right wing turn 😉 

29 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

The ideology being pushed in the West (which is worldwide at lower levels) is Liberalism, Modern Western Liberalism in fact, which is actually just promotion of the weak, and ultimately used for some very sinister goals that I will not into. Conservatives (actors) talk of conserving Liberalism from 20 or so years ago, and Labour are at a more advanced stage of this ideological pipeline. I am guessing you live in Thailand or spend a lot time in Thailand (?) If so you're a hypocrite to talk on this subject as your stance is very different to how Thailand addressing non-citizens and foreigners compared to the UK and BTW I am in defense of Thailand. Citizenship should be very hard to obtain and what it is to be Thai is still fairly coherent. I respect that. The thing is I also think it should be similar in European countries and I will not change my opinion based on talking on another race or nationality. You need to stick to the UK, Canada, Sweden etc. At least you will have company in your hypocrisy in those places, and if you live a few more decades you can witness a genuine right wing turn 😉 

What on earth are you drivelling on about? You are spouting gibberish.

Your post is simply a set of words arranged in a series of mainly incoherent sentences.

When you've finished smoking/ drinking/ injecting yourself with whatever drug you need in order to concoct your ridiculous conspiracy theories (" .. sinister goals that I will not go into ..."🤦) and have returned to Planet Earth, then maybe you'll be in a fit enough state to have a rational discussion.

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Your post is simply a set of words arranged in a series of mainly incoherent sentences.

When you've finished smoking/ drinking/ injecting yourself with whatever drug you need in order to concoct your ridiculous conspiracy theories (" .. sinister goals that I will not go into ..."🤦) and have returned to Planet Earth, then maybe you'll be in a fit enough state to have a rational discussion.

That was actually quite simple stuff... I guess sneaky hypocrisy and being a parrot/repeater is where your intellect maxes out. Anyway I am sure you have other kinds of hypocritical things to waste your time on, such as 'Queers for Palestine', whilst berating straight White Christian males in the West as 'bigots' 🙂 Oh and don't forget your 12th booster jab. The actors... I mean scientists on the TV are saying a new strain of the c00f is coming back.

At least the actors on the TV get compensated for indoctrinating double digit IQ people and making themselves into untrustworthy scumbags, what are you getting out of it? Real men will look down on you, and women will not be attracted to you, especially moreso in Thailand than in Western Europe. Thai women will really walk all over a weak man like yourself. Seen it happen many times. You should definitely go back to a Western city..

Edited by kevozman1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Ok I will dumb down the point I was trying to make regarding your hypocrisy: You are arguing that immigration into the UK is all fine and dandy, and you seem very vocal about that, and actually protecting the migrants more than the existing citizens pre-Modern Liberalism era, which is when nationalities such as 'British' was still racially and culturally coherent. Which is fine, but you are on a board mostly regarding the country of Thailand primarily (guessing you reside or frequently visit the nation) which is a country that has some very notable right wing polices involving non-nationals and obtaining citizenship. The stuff that if is was proposed is say the UK or Sweden would have many blue haired people spiting out their Starbucks coffee. You are intelligent enough to open this site, make an account and post, so you aware you are being a hypocrite. At least admit it. 

Oh yes and another poster just above you quoted some passages from the Quran and/or the Hadiths and presented how Muslims are a genuine documented threat to other groups. I am sure you read it but instead of addressing that you went into a work of fiction talking about the NF (a docile right wing group who had a few instances of violence in the past) and other nonsensical arguments.

• Thanks 1

You wont see much of this story

in your morning news!

Six suspected terrorist  with isis

ties arrested in sting operation in Ny , LA and Philly

The target who was subject to the wiretap was previously released by federal authorities at the southern border with a court date next year, but it has since emerged he has potential ties to ISIS, sources said.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/11/us-news/six-suspected-terrorists-with-isis-ties-arrested-in-sting-operation/

• Like 1