What Trump Could Do About Vaccines: More Than You Might Think

Social Media

2 hours ago, Social Media said:

It could withhold funding for programs like the federal Vaccines for Children Program or reduce funding for the CDC's vaccine promotion efforts.

really ? any comment on the funding cuts being made now by the government ? 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/14/health/cdc-funding-cuts-debt-deal/index.html

i am sure this is trumps fault right ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Great to see someone supporting bodily autonomy.

Of course this upsets the leftists who want big state to control what we put into our bodies, what words we can use etc.

Count me in as not being a supporter of giving dangerous contagious diseases a free rein in schools.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sometimes it’s necessary to check the calendar to reassure oneself that it really is 2024.

Right .

Apart from our technology , the human race does not seem to have evolved much since 1524 ...

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

A school board in the Houston area recently voted to remove vaccine-related sections from science textbooks.

So this is what happens, cutting pages out of school science textbooks to support political positions!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sometimes it’s necessary to check the calendar to reassure oneself that it really is 2024.

According to the US Supreme Court, it is still the 1800's.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

then why no mention of millions of illegal/undocumented immigrants that most assuredly originate from countries with less stringent vaccine requirements?

Because you don't have any facts?

14 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Because you don't have any facts?

It's a well known problem.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9746503/

Abstract
Refugees, immigrants, and migrants (RIM) in the United States (US) have been identified as an underimmunized population prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Vaccine acceptance is critical to combat the public health threat incited by COVID-19 and other vaccine-preventable disease. To better understand escalating vaccine hesitancy among US RIM, a comprehensive evaluation of the problem and solutions is necessary. In this systematic review, we included 57 studies to describe vaccination rates, barriers, and interventions addressing vaccine hesitancy over the past decade. Meta-analysis was performed among 22 studies, concluding that RIM represent an underimmunized population compared to the general US population. Narrative synthesis and qualitative methods were used to identify critical barriers, including gaps in knowledge, poor access to medical care, and heightened distrust of the medical system. Our results demonstrate the need for effective, evidence-based interventions to increase vaccination rates among diverse RIM populations.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, mania said:

That is kind of two separate things isn't it?

I mean yes he supported the C-19 vaccines & saw to it that the USA would have an abundance of them available. But that does not mean the same things as making them mandatory.

That is what the article sounds like to me & although I had the J&J Vac & my wife the Pfizer I believe these things should be left to the individual to decide not a govt

Well said. It's mandating the use of vaccines, not anti-vaccines per se,  which is the issue. People should be allowed to make their own choice. Whether vaccinated ir not, however, individuals should observe all necessary precautions to avoid the spread of disease.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Of course this upsets the leftists who want big state to control what we put into our bodies, what words we can use etc.

And what about abortion? Bodily autonomy? Hypocrisy at it's worst

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Naa I believe you should be free to get polio or tb or Covid you just shouldn’t be allowed around others that care about their health and that of others simple as that.another thing in the case of trump his main reason for refusing to wear a mask was his MAKEUP!!and some think he’s strong.heres a clue strong men don’t wear makeup period all stop 🛑 how many lives do you think that weird sissified little picidillo cost humm??