Joe Biden Favored to Beat Donald Trump in 538 Election Forecast

Social Media

One of Bidens most embarrassing recent moments was to give the same speech Reagan gave 40 years ago at the D day ceremony, at least he managed to read if off the auto cue without stopping or wetting himself :unsure:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Hillery Clinton was favored to beat Donald Trump on all of the main-stream media polls in 2016.  Just saying...
Personally I don't see the Democratic Presidential nominee being Biden.  I think the Left wants to hold on to power more than they want to hold on to the trope that Biden doesn't suffer from dementia.  They'd be better off with a mentally functioning Gen-X or Millennial instead.  And if they run him, they'll lose more than the White House.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:04 AM, TedG said:

https://www.economist.com/interactive/us-2024-election/prediction-model/president

US election | Donald Trump has a two-in-three chance of winning in November

yeah, i read that, too. however they are missing the point - that the electoral college system is going to screw up the results again, as in 2016. who wins will be a toss up, based on the usual 4 or 5 tightly contested states. why the US still uses an obsolete system invented by the Founding Fathers (which sounds like it is out of a plot line from the tv series 'Altered Carbon'.

5 minutes ago, proton said:

'Biden regularly displays the deliberate dispositions that characterize good decision'

Any recent examples? 

Is Tillerson right calling him a Moron. John Bolton declared him "unfit to be President'. His former Defense Secreatary called him a threat to democracy. These are his aides and none has any good words for Trump. Trump cogntive decline is showing at every rallies when he has no telepromoter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Is Tillerson right calling him a Moron. John Bolton declared him "unfit to be President'. His former Defense Secreatary called him a threat to democracy. These are his aides and none has any good words for Trump. Trump cogntive decline is showing at every rallies when he has no telepromoter. 

And at every rally Biden.......oh wait, Biden NEVER goes to rallies. Only small events with carefully controlled speeches and guests. Never mind. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

yeah, i read that, too. however they are missing the point - that the electoral college system is going to screw up the results again, as in 2016. who wins will be a toss up, based on the usual 4 or 5 tightly contested states. why the US still uses an obsolete system invented by the Founding Fathers (which sounds like it is out of a plot line from the tv series 'Altered Carbon'.

Well, can you tell me what countries have direct election for president/prime minister?  I don't think any G7 country does that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

Hillery Clinton was favored to beat Donald Trump on all of the main-stream media polls in 2016.  Just saying...
Personally I don't see the Democratic Presidential nominee being Biden.  I think the Left wants to hold on to power more than they want to hold on to the trope that Biden doesn't suffer from dementia.  They'd be better off with a mentally functioning Gen-X or Millennial instead.  And if they run him, they'll lose more than the White House.

The problem for the democrats is the albatross known as Kamala. If Biden had an even moderately popular and competent VP, he would have been long gone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Trump can't surrender to Putin because the US and Russia are not at war.  This is a common tactic of the left, to imply that there are only two possible positions on the Ukraine war- unquestioning and endless support of Ukraine, or being a pawn of Putin. The reality is far more nuanced. 

I would support anyone over the spectre of a Harris presidency. She projects weakness, insincerity, and insecurity.  If and when Trump picks his VP candidate, the real race can begin.  

That's the point.  Do you honestly think Trump's thoughts on the Ukraine war or on 99 per cent of topics are nuanced, well thought through, based on good advice,  or he just does what comes into his head that he thinks will make him look majestic and powerful,  and make him popular. In his last presidency there were smart people there to stop him or limit his actions but there is not likely to be next time. 

31 minutes ago, proton said:

One of Bidens most embarrassing recent moments was to give the same speech Reagan gave 40 years ago at the D day ceremony, at least he managed to read if off the auto cue without stopping or wetting himself :unsure:

Plagiarism and lies is Biden’s claim of fame.

All coming out of HIS mouth.

What year did he get the hair plugs?  

16 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And at every rally Biden.......oh wait, Biden NEVER goes to rallies. Only small events with carefully controlled speeches and guests. Never mind. 

You think Trump rallies are beneficial to him. He craves the applause of a zealous minority who appear at every of his rallies. He is not broadening his base with rallies. Meanwhile his cogntive decline at full display at his rallies. Biden prefer a more intimidate style like town hall and union houses. Matter of style and Biden more effective at that. 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, candide said:

You mean the Republican dead pimp who was elected in Las Vegas? It's not that recent...

2022.  Not so long: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/decision-2022/late-pennsylvania-rep-was-on-ballot-due-to-law-not-fraud/3420028/

And this one's just a primary, but it's 2024:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-payne-jr-wins-new-jersey-primary/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, he IS broadening his base with black and hispanic people though. Look at the numbers, they are ghastly for the Democrats. 

And it's not a "matter of style" for Biden. It is designed to hide his obvious flaws. Look up "Operation Bubblewrap". It is the campaign by his staff to insulate Biden from the public and the press as much as possible. Keep Joe hidden, keep any spontaneous interactions to a minimum, even cover him as he shuffles from the WHite House to his helicopter before flying off yet again for a weekend retreat. The lengths the staff go to are amazing.

Black and hispanic votes for Trump is "overstated". His immigration and racist policies respectively will not win their votes. REW Research polled 92% of black voters nationally will cast their votes for Biden.

Biden is doing fine with his style. Biden likes to listen contrasting with Trump likes to talk. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Given what is now coming to light about Covid- vaxxing, masks, social distancing, and so on, I don't think any world leader is exactly covered in glory.  Looking back, the best thing to do would have been to isolate vulnerable people and then just carry on with life. 

What?

Trump deserves and history will confirm he single handedly was the motivtion to push for the vacine.

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The problem is that VP, Harris.  The biggest joke in history imagine her in charge.  The U.S. will be owned by Russia, China and N. Korea.  Terrible.

I can help you their!

President Harris

Edited by earlinclaifornia

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're confusing crazy with strategic ambiguity.  Which Trump is a master at.  He had to be, in Manhattan Real Estate.

...and there was me thinking he massively overvalued his assetts for loans and undervalued them for tax burden in his real estate exploits.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Black and hispanic votes for Trump is "overstated". His immigration and racist policies respectively will not win their votes. REW Research polled 92% of black voters nationally will cast their votes for Biden.

Biden is doing fine with his style. Biden likes to listen contrasting with Trump likes to talk. 

Think again!

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6352386139112

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, can you tell me what countries have direct election for president/prime minister?  I don't think any G7 country does that. 

grant you, i've no idea. all I know is Trump won POTUS in 2016 with less than the popular vote. btw, we Irish elect our President ''by the people for the people''. which is a far cry from the totally f(deleted) up US political system.

• Thanks 1