Cost of having a house built?

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And is that the kind of house you want to live in?

Maybe it's only me, but I want to live in a place which I like and enjoy. I don't want to think every day: It's not what I really want, but at least it was cheap. 

Whybdo you think it is worse quality than the newer built appartments in a condominium in Bangkok at very limited space for 6 million? 

You buy the location and a few common areas as swimmingpool and gym maybe, if at all got it. 

You can build ok livingrooms in rural areas with air-conditioning rooms, and have balconies with a "wintergarden" 

After all an appartment just consist off squere walls to, right?

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally, I spent a lot of money and time to make my apartment just the way I want it.

The first step was ripping everything out to bare walls. And then I still removed and moved some walls. And then I made it as good as I could according to my taste. Result: Now I live in a wonderful apartment. I enjoy it. If I am in the bathroom or kitchen, I enjoy the premium sink, toilet, faucets, and all that. If I would have spent less effort and money it would likely be like: It does the work, I can live here, but it could be so much better.

I intend to live here for the next 20 years or however long I will live. I consider spending one time lots of money and effort a good investment. That is an investment in my life and comfort - even if it might not be a great investment if I would ever sell it.

Anything I have in Thailand I knew was going to be an temporary base, and my place serve as a great base, as well a place her family can live sustainable when we now both leaving Thailand. For how long? I do not know, but Im happy I did not jump on the temptation to build a farang castle in rural Thailand as many do. 

The land is now more worth or soon than all our investments so far there. Things changed rapidly when first 7/11 in 40 minutes reach was built 7 min away from us, later a CJ.

Also covid changed alot since people moved back home to Isaan and started to build and invest in our area. 

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I hear ya ...  but it depends on one's budget also,  sure everyone wants a nice big fancy house,  but sometimes we have to make sacrifices. 

Just saying ....    anyway,   600,000 baht will get you something like this .....    and with a few palm trees around it and a garden it can look ok ... imo

house.PNG.2df64afbfedc1ebd9740dbc85079b158.PNG

At the right location, great space you can fill with whatever you want. 

600k is just the raw building without electricity, kitchen, bathroom inventory etc, and for sure no insulation 

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

At the right location, great space you can fill with whatever you want. 

600k is just the raw building without electricity, kitchen, bathroom inventory etc, and fir sure no insulation 

600k would get you bathroom tiled, shower, wash sink & mirror,  standard toilet.  

That would also include electrical wiring, CB box, standard light fittings and switches.  It would only get you a standard kitchen block bench with sink and plumbing installed, no kitchen cabinets etc .... 

no insulation. Doors and windows would be standard with hardware. 

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

600k would get you bathroom tiled, shower, wash sink & mirror,  standard toilet.  

That would also include electrical wiring, CB box, standard light fittings and switches.  It would only get you a standard kitchen block bench with sink and plumbing installed, no kitchen cabinets etc .... 

no insulation. Doors and windows would be standard with hardware. 

If you say so, Im not going to argue, but the prices since we built in 2020 have more than doubled on the raw materials, so Im not sure. I know her uncle built houses in Yasathon now, and they rarely build houses for less than 1,2 and up. Same style and sizes posted above including what you described as standard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you say so, Im not going to argue, but the prices since we built in 2020 have more than doubled on the raw materials, so Im not sure. I know her uncle built houses in Yasathon now, and they rarely build houses for less than 1,2 and up. Same style and sizes posted above including what you described as standard. 

yes, you may well be correct .... prices have gone up as I built 2 in 2019,2020 ... so it could very well be another 30-50% 

we are currently building a bungalow for our daughter next to our house(1 rai block), it is 42 sq metres including a 8 sq veranda, total cost is going to be under 300,000 baht, when we built our house 3 years ago it was 1 million baht, it is 68sq plus a 16 sq veranda and a 24 sq carport both included in the cost. We have been lucky to get good builders for both, I was in the building industry in Australia so have kept a close eye on both, no short cuts and all top materials used. Really depends on who does the work and where you buy the materials, keeping an eye on the work is a must to ensure  it is all done correctly, pic is our house(front car port an addition) and floor plan of the bungalow plus the slab being done

DSCF3350.JPG

Screenshot 2024-07-17 091241.png

452485308_7850881531633227_1713246021095074431_n.jpg

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Anything I have in Thailand I knew was going to be an temporary base, and my place serve as a great base, as well a place her family can live sustainable when we now both leaving Thailand. For how long? I do not know, but Im happy I did not jump on the temptation to build a farang castle in rural Thailand as many do. 

The land is now more worth or soon than all our investments so far there. Things changed rapidly when first 7/11 in 40 minutes reach was built 7 min away from us, later a CJ.

Also covid changed alot since people moved back home to Isaan and started to build and invest in our area. 

I will keep that in mind. I should buy some cheap land and build some houses somewhere far away from everything. And then I will build a 7/11 and the value will go up rapidly. 😉

Just joking, yes, I understand what you mean.

24-hours-convenience-store-7-11-or-7-ele

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I will keep that in mind. I should buy some cheap land and build some houses somewhere far away from everything. And then I will build a 7/11 and the value will go up rapidly. 😉

Just joking, yes, I understand what you mean.

24-hours-convenience-store-7-11-or-7-ele

You have no idea how much 7/11 change for a district.  7/11 and CJ doubled the amount of ATM`s in our area to 4 😉

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally, I spent a lot of money and time to make my apartment just the way I want it.

The first step was ripping everything out to bare walls. And then I still removed and moved some walls. And then I made it as good as I could according to my taste. Result: Now I live in a wonderful apartment. I enjoy it. If I am in the bathroom or kitchen, I enjoy the premium sink, toilet, faucets, and all that. If I would have spent less effort and money it would likely be like: It does the work, I can live here, but it could be so much better.

I intend to live here for the next 20 years or however long I will live. I consider spending one time lots of money and effort a good investment. That is an investment in my life and comfort - even if it might not be a great investment if I would ever sell it.

Absolutely agree.  Cliche or not, you do only go around once in life so why spend your priceless time in someone else's space.  Cheers to you for getting exactly what you want.  My spouse and I always do the same thing as you; even if we think we might be selling at some point, we always design for ourselves.   

It sounds like you put a lot of thought into your design and have created something special, with quality materials.  You might be surprised that there will be buyers who will gravitate to that, who also want something special, and not the same as everything else. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

A Kvik kitchen would had been 20% of all my investments in Isaan even on heavy discount. 

A kvik kitchen is the same cost as my well equipped gym, but I agree, if the right location, the best kitchen to buy is Kvik, and a good investment. 

But A remote location, and if intention is to maybe sell one day? 

Well, at least you got a great kitchen your wife most likely will not use, she prefer most likely an Thai traditional outside kitchen to make her food. 

My wife only use our inside kitchen for bakery. 

On all points I agree.