Chinese suspects dish out 1 million baht to wrap up sexual assault case

4 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

What time are we pillaging? so i can call a babysitter...

we have armored pushchairs with machine gun mounts for hire

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NemoH said:

Sexual assault = attempted rape or rape. To think that they can rape in open public in Thailand and get away with it... what a reputation Thailand and probably Thai women .. has in the eyes of the Chinese hooligans.

If they are release then it will be true that every women in Thailand can either be bought and taken by force or worse - raped and compensate later.

Sad.

To Chinese society, in China, ladies working in the entertainment industry are no better than ladies of the night. Working environment may be different but the final result is the same.

chinese punters thought that money can buy everything suggesting their morals are questionable. 

j I like to see justice like everyone but this partcular story is about money at this point how much is a guess.

I'm confuses as with many stories from the media reporting here how seriously was the injury that now has ended his dream. Lets be realistic if this was an Thai incident no Thai would ever refuse a million baht or even offer that amount. Did the Dr, get run over at the crosswalk by a off duty cop family get that amount from my memory family was offered very little. How about all those who got burned alive in a fire Sattahip, owner offer 50,000, to family insurance road death average in general 300.000 baht, and this father want tp pursue what $$$$$$

thats what.

This story this so call clubs play music, have girls to entertain you if you choose while eating after we all knows what happens. They are all over Pattaya throughout Thailand these are also very common in China.

These arent your average tourist the fact a million was offered!  The waitress has it right small to leave a higher payment will be paid cause the leader of their Triad clan will step in and pay it cause these stupid ass soldiers has now shine a light on their existance in the region which they have been for sometime.Triads behavior like this is common in HK and China like Thais after a few drinks they lose their sense of place. Although they are Chinese and can fit in Thailand and not stand out in general forget where they are especially when they have money start to think they own the place just like the snake head triad in Pattaya!

It wasnt just after Covid many groups or clan been here a long long time as reported they have influenced over 32 of the 72 province reported a year ago that influence has grown.

In the end, 'acceptance will be made to this father And son  and business will go on as usual. 

Chinese Triads arent going anywhere they pretty much built ChIang Mai, the original leaders who head the Golden Triangle From the beginning to presen all have Chines blood connection. 

With China problem after Covid and Thai leaders favorable immigration policy has brought in a whole new era " As I was told  it is wild wild West all over again "

Good luck Thai leaders as long as they want to get rich they will keep coming!🤑

Edited by thailand49

I used to have a girlfriend in the entertainment industry. Her job was like the entertainment lady accompanying the customers to drink. She insisted not having a ‘relationship’ with her customers despite the cajoling of the manager. I told her she won’t last long in the business if she didn’t put out for her best customers and they are not going to keep punting for no gain. I was proven right after 6 months on the job and she had to quit her job to keep her dignity.

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

High time these minimal punishments were increased to deal with the severity of the crime.  Why not a death sentence> let the scum wielding deadly weapons know what will happen to them if they go ahead with their criminal acts. Don't do it, no death sentence!

Section 8 of the Act on Firearms, Ammunition, Explosive, Fireworks, and Imitation Firearm: carrying a knife in a public place without permission and necessary. The punishment will be imprisonment for up to five years, a fine of up to 10,000 baht, or both.

Section 297 of the Criminal Law for assaulting another person resulting in serious injury. The penalty is imprisonment between six months to 10 years and a fine between 10,000 and 200,000 baht.

I tend to agree. Anyone carrying a deadly weapon is prepared to kill, and so surrenders any right to live themself. If they are prepared to kill others, they should also be prepared to die. Fair's fair.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NemoH said:

If they are release then it will be true that every women in Thailand can either be bought and taken by force or worse - raped and compensate later.

Sadly that is often the case...

2 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Have they been remanded or their passports confiscated?

If they are indeed gangsters, they'll probably just run back to China and others will take their place in Thailand.

I don’t think their visas have been revoked. Probably because they didn’t kick anyone in the back.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

To Chinese society, in China, ladies working in the entertainment industry are no better than ladies of the night. Working environment may be different but the final result is the same.

chinese punters thought that money can buy everything suggesting their morals are questionable. 

“chinese punters thought that money can buy everything suggesting their morals are questionable. “

Ya think?

5 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

If you pay me 1 mil baht you can sexually assault me too.

Depends which one in your avatar pic is you. The one on the left looks preferable, and 1m buys a lot of kibble.......

If they don’t throw them in jail, those Chinese guys gonna tell their mafia friends they can buy off the police in Thailand and then we are going to see worse things happening.  Thai authorities better take control or else Chinese and Russian gangs going to run things here with more violence.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

They were questioned on the second floor of the police station

Oh good, I'm glad they weren't questioned of the first floor. That wouldn't be right, would it?

Is the reporting on here done by AI or is it simply poor standards?  Much of what's reported here lately (in general) is either confusing, uses incorrect English grammar or as in this case, contains details that have no bearing on the matter.

On 6/13/2024 at 11:29 AM, webfact said:

The penalty is imprisonment between six months to 10 years and a fine between 10,000 and 200,000 baht.

Sounds fair, give him 6 months, a 200k fine, and lifetime ban from Thailand.  Let him go home and spread the word.  

• Agree 1

On 6/13/2024 at 5:29 AM, webfact said:

Jakkrit’s father told Kom Chad Luek news agency that his son had dreamt of becoming a soldier but the injury to his wrist compelled him to abandon his dream.

The Thai Army are known to reject limp-wristed waiters 😋