Wise shares tumble as forecasts disappoint analysts

London’s largest listed fintech today saw its biggest-ever single-day share drop after a surge in profits was eclipsed by an earnings forecast that fell short of analyst expectations.

Money transfer business Wise, which yesterday had been worth £8.6 billion, today saw more than £1 billion of its market cap vanish after shares fell as much as 23% when markets opened. The stock has now fallen by nearly a third over the past two months.

The tumbling stock comes despite a huge rise in profits over the past year as the firm was boosted by higher interest rates.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/wise-shares-tumble-forecasts-disappoint-084851147.html

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Wise defended the move, pointing out that cheaper money transfer fees was a key driver in its popularity with customers

I don't use them but haven't I seen recent reports on here that their charges have been increasing?

2 hours ago, topt said:

I don't use them but haven't I seen recent reports on here that their charges have been increasing?

Depends on the currency pair, fees for Singapore Dollar to Thai Baht transfers are down.

4 hours ago, topt said:

Yes they did increase slightly for GBP-THB transfers but nothing to be alarmed about, they are still have a very competitive edge.

Couple of posts removed for breaking community rules.

Rule 8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Rule 22. You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It is understandable for AN to have adverts just like any other company, I don't mind bypassing adverts, but what I do mind is adverts jumping out at you when you are reading anything, or when they cover up part of what you are trying to read.

If you have concerns about ads, please contact forum support.

The rules which were broken and why the posts were removed are clearly stated.

Posts that do not follow the rules will be removed.

• Thanks 1