Reform UK Overtakes Tories in Polls for the First Time

Social Media

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It was the Government that had to deal with the Brexit result , Farage wasn't  part of the Government .

The Government didn't want him to be part of the leaving process 

Make excuses as much as you wish, but Farage made numerous assertions on the benefit of Brexit. If as you seem to claim he had zero ability to deliver on promises he was  a waste of time. Perhaps better stated voters were truly stupid to believe in him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

Under the last Labour government living standards shot up, NHS waiting lists decreased dramatically, wages increased, and the size of the economy doubled. Those are just a few of the achievements they managed last time they were in office.

That is how anyone can justify voting Labour.

The idea that "they're all the same" is one that is pushed by people who have an incentive for you to believe it. And it is only believed by people who pay no real attention to politics.

Anyway the fight now is not for who will win, the big prize is if the Tories are knocked down to third place. That would mean the Lib Dems becoming the official opposition, and perhaps finally we might hear some competent politicians holding sensible debates in parliament for a change.

Labour are going to be in government. That's nailed on. But who do you want holding them to account?

Tories: High taxes, high immigration, high spending.

Labour: Higher taxes, higher immigration, higher spending.

Yes, not quite the same but somehow worse.  Yes we will get a Labour government and you will get to see how bad this is when the economy is not booming (as it was under Blair) and taxes have to be raised as the amount spent on debt interest is already higher than the cost of education so borrowing more is off the table.  Of course Labour will try and target the rich people but the rich people will move somewhere else so it will be the normal folks getting hit with the tax rises to cover the wasteful spending they will want to implement.  

The next 5 years will be rough in the UK.  Labour are not getting into government on a wave of optimism like last time, they are getting to be in government because the Tories need to be punished for not being Conservative.   

Rich folks are already leaving.  Expect this to increase. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/millionaires-leave-uk-rich-high-net-worth-china-dubai-uae-florida-usa-dubai-henley-b1165154.html

Lets hope it is just a single term so either reform or a reformed Conservative party that is actually conservative can repair the damage.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

One tanglible benefit of Brexit please?

My sister used to export easily to Europe. No longer. She now has to fill massive forms to get products into that market, and furthermore to import things she needs. It's ridiculous. 

No other country puts up barriers up to trade because the population has racists. 

Europeans are the same race as British people , so it cannot be racism involved 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Europeans are the same race as British people , so it cannot be racism involved 

That's not what was said. Poster said that barriers were set up as a result of Brexit, and Brexit was the result of racism. Personally I don't agree with that premises, I think Brexit was the result of a misplaced superiority feeling from people who can't accept Britain isn't a major world power anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's not what was said. Poster said that barriers were set up as a result of Brexit, and Brexit was the result of racism. 

How can it be racism when British people and Europeans are the same race ? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How can it be racism when British people and Europeans are the same race ? 

He said Brexit was based on racism, I would presume immigration.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, simple1 said:

Make excuses as much as you wish, but Farage made numerous assertions on the benefit of Brexit. If as you seem to claim he had zero ability to deliver on promises he was  a waste of time. Perhaps better stated voters were truly stupid to believe in him.

Possibly one of the major pillars of support for Farage and Brexit came from voters who were consistently and very publicly labelled as "stupid" for even considering voting for him. It was perhaps a major error on the part of "Remain" and perhaps tipped the balance in a close contest.

Now Farage and Reform UK has emerged as a significant force in UK politics, are we hearing the same choruses starting up again?

Now if that is the case, it strikes me at least, as a bit stupid!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

That's not what was said. Poster said that barriers were set up as a result of Brexit, and Brexit was the result of racism. Personally I don't agree with that premises, I think Brexit was the result of a misplaced superiority feeling from people who can't accept Britain isn't a major world power anymore.

There are a massive amount of reasons that the Brit public were conned into believing that Brexit was a good idea.

Not all Brexits are racists. But I'm willing to believe that virtually all racists voted for Brexit. And I'd also place money on it being a higher figure than 4%. Therefore while not everybody who voted for Brexit is/was a racists, Brexit could never have happened without the support of racists.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, James105 said:

People voted for change.  Why do you think that is?   Because they think the UK is being well run and were quite happy that manifesto promises were continuously broken?  The referendum came along which meant for the first time in their lives their vote actually counted for something.    It was a rejection of the globalist agenda 

A rejection of the global agenda, campaigned for, and won by, those running the globalist agenda....

I agree that people thought the UK was being run poorly. But the EU weren't the ones running the UK.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JayClay said:

A rejection of the global agenda, campaigned for, and won by, those running the globalist agenda....

I agree that people thought the UK was being run poorly. But the EU weren't the ones running the UK.

The leave campaign managed to shift the blame to the EU.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

For me the worst part about Brexit was that Camaronon had no plan if the vote turned out to be leave except to walk (run) away & this is the guy who is probably going to be the next face of the Conservative party. 

How sad is it to be British & an army of Lions ruled by Sheep ...  {Edit I am British, raised on a council estate in Warrington, NW England so no slur against my fellow Brits) 

In my career we presented a plan to management about what we thought was the right way to go but always had to have a "Plan B" for what we would do if they didn't agree... Camaroron's plan was to "Run Away"... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Really....................🤣

I'm not sure they'll have time.

They'll be too busy searching high and low for the imaginary people who are going to become the thousands upon thousands of new nurses, teachers, police, healthcare workers and child care workers 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not sure they'll have time.

They'll be too busy searching high and low for the imaginary people who are going to become the thousands upon thousands of new nurses, teachers, police, healthcare workers and child care workers 

I’m sure they can do more than one thing at once.

I mean just look at the current Government, they fail at almost everything but they still manage to fail at more than one thing at once, except of course lining the pockets of their chums.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

For me the worst part about Brexit was that Camaronon had no plan if the vote turned out to be leave except to walk (run) away & this is the guy who is probably going to be the next face of the Conservative party. 

How sad is it to be British & an army of Lions ruled by Sheep ...  {Edit I am British, raised on a council estate in Warrington, NW England so no slur against my fellow Brits) 

In my career we presented a plan to management about what we thought was the right way to go but always had to have a "Plan B" for what we would do if they didn't agree... Camaroron's plan was to "Run Away"... 

I think the plan was for the Government‘a hedgefund managers to make off like bandits.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Labour manifesto explicitly rules this out:

https://labourlist.org/2024/06/labour-party-european-union-brexit-manifesto-2024/

“With Labour, Britain will stay outside of the EU. But to seize the opportunities ahead, we must make Brexit work. We will reset the relationship and seek to deepen ties with our European friends, neighbours and allies.  That does not mean reopening the divisions of the past. There will be no return to the single market, the customs union, or freedom of movement.”

They could well face similar decimation as the Tories next time around if they treat their manifesto with the same disdain as the Tories did with theirs.   

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How can it be racism when Europeans are the same race as British people ? 

Answered already, sorry to see you don't understand.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Answered already, sorry to see you don't understand.

But the last answer didn't make any sense, and that's why I asked again.

British people wanted to leave a group who were the same race as them because of their own  racism ? 

British people wanting trade deals with India and not the E.U are racist ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the plan was for the Government‘a hedgefund managers to make off like bandits.

And I think you were absolutely spot on... Can you imagine how much you could have made on that "Bet"!