Thailand To Join BRICS

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

It's a smart decision; Thailand - USA hegemony will end over the next 20 years or so. 

2 years I would say.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Karlik Pu said:

Well done , putin lousy troll!
 You ve got yr 50 cents from the kremlin? 55

i guess you d better return to mother ruZZia and go directly to the ukranian front to fight for your tiny kgb furer  and his geopolitical “stinking values“parrots”:)

Why rant? It is as it is, nothing lasts forever, the world is always in flux so change is inevitable. When the British empire waned the British sensibly bowed out gracefully but I doubt such behaviour can be expected of the Americans, they tend not to solve problems but instead try to overwhelm them. It was Churchill who said, "Americans always makes the right decisions.....after they have tried everything else."  It would be wise for the number one American sycophant, the UK, to join Brics if they really intend  not to rejoin the EU. The individual states in the EU are going to have to spring over their shadow and agree to a European central bank with a mandatory Euro currency eventually backed by gold. I suspect all those countries not in a block and with independent central banks will have to join the Brics as the only powerful financial entity. America can become self sufficient, especially with energy, but hard times for 'the land of the free' are coming with internal and geopolitical unrest being the order of the day. America's demise will affect us all negatively in the short term but if Brics are wise the future could be bright.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yet another reason to move elsewhere, along with their desire to tax expats to pay for the government's electoral bribes to voters, the disgraceful double-pricing in national parks, their refusal to allow expats to own any land at all, even when married to a Thai woman, raising her kids and paying Thai taxes.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

But not good for expats as the Baht will soar.

Hedge your reserves with a decent proportion in gold bullion and gold royalty and streaming companies.

But beware of cashing out at the moment of a financial crash because, historically, gold also - temporarily - crashes then, as holders cash out to meet debts.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, harryviking said:

Dear me.....giving in to Russia and China....yeah, very clever....

The interesting thing about life is that one can alter very little with planing, things happen. Chinese and Russian systems aren't written in stone, neither are those of the west considering how a few woke groups can alter continents to become spineless shadows of themselves, our system is as vulnerabel as their autocratic ones are. Consider the harbingers of change in both China and Russia, the former due to high unemployment and the 'let it rot' movement among the young and the precarious adventure in Ukraine of the latter. Add to the mix of an independent central Brics bank and very many different member states and their autocratic power is even more weakened just as our systems are weakened by debt and lack of influence. I presume both China and Russia have considered this but desperation for the financial future and the chance to punch the arrogant west on the nose is a powerful argument for Brics. I don't think Europe has much to fear, psychologically we don't have as far to fall as the US and have had hundreds of years of parliamentary governments and great experience in diplomacy and innovation, our battles lie behind us, the states in America are only loosely affiliated and thanks to Trump and his ilk there appears to be genuine hatred between liberals and conservatives, I wouldn't even rule out a mini civil war in the future once the true extent of the loss of international power becomes evident and the rest of the world refuses to pay for the 'happy consumers' standard of living.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

The interesting thing about life is that one can alter very little with planing, things happen. Chinese and Russian systems aren't written in stone, neither are those of the west considering how a few woke groups can alter continents to become spineless shadows of themselves, our system is as vulnerabel as their autocratic ones are. Consider the harbingers of change in both China and Russia, the former due to high unemployment and the 'let it rot' movement among the young and the precarious adventure in Ukraine of the latter. Add to the mix of an independent central Brics bank and very many different member states and their autocratic power is even more weakened just as our systems are weakened by debt and lack of influence. I presume both China and Russia have considered this but desperation for the financial future and the chance to punch the arrogant west on the nose is a powerful argument for Brics. I don't think Europe has much to fear, psychologically we don't have as far to fall as the US and have had hundreds of years of parliamentary governments and great experience in diplomacy and innovation, our battles lie behind us, the states in America are only loosely affiliated and thanks to Trump and his ilk there appears to be genuine hatred between liberals and conservatives, I wouldn't even rule out a mini civil war in the future once the true extent of the loss of international power becomes evident and the rest of the world refuses to pay for the 'happy consumers' standard of living.

So all the hand wringing in Europe over the rise of the "far right" is for nothing and everything is fine?  Seems from a distance to be similar to the liberal vs. conservatives in the US.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why rant? It is as it is, nothing lasts forever, the world is always in flux so change is inevitable. When the British empire waned the British sensibly bowed out gracefully but I doubt such behaviour can be expected of the Americans, they tend not to solve problems but instead try to overwhelm them. It was Churchill who said, "Americans always makes the right decisions.....after they have tried everything else."  It would be wise for the number one American sycophant, the UK, to join Brics if they really intend  not to rejoin the EU. The individual states in the EU are going to have to spring over their shadow and agree to a European central bank with a mandatory Euro currency eventually backed by gold. I suspect all those countries not in a block and with independent central banks will have to join the Brics as the only powerful financial entity. America can become self sufficient, especially with energy, but hard times for 'the land of the free' are coming with internal and geopolitical unrest being the order of the day. America's demise will affect us all negatively in the short term but if Brics are wise the future could be bright.

Bowed out Gracefully 🫢

Not sure we have read the same history books 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

So all the hand wringing in Europe over the rise of the "far right" is for nothing and everything is fine?  Seems from a distance to be similar to the liberal vs. conservatives in the US.

It's a pendulum, the hand wringing comes from those most affected, politicians and editors, we aren't going to have fascist states in Europe. It is only my opinion but I think the European voter is more sophisticated than the American voter, certainly someone like Trump or MTG would never get off the ground in Europe. The term far right in Europe means something different to far right in America, Margaret Thatcher in the UK and Strauss in Bavaria, Germany were considered far right, in America one would have called them center right, nobody would have considered storming a parliament.

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

Bowed out Gracefully 🫢

Not sure we have read the same history books 

You have to consider the timelines that this took place in, India (the jewel in the crown) was very gradual and despite certain conflicts never erupted into a war, all the troubles later, the Muslim and Hindu riots and the separation from Pakistan happened after independence. Canada, Australia, New Zealand all gained independence without any trouble. America was an exception but was way more complicated, not everybody wanted independence and the French, Englands arch enemy, was also in the mix, it was also the first one to go, we learnt after that.

On 6/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, klauskunkel said:

Guess they'll change the acronym to TRICS...

Brazil might have a thing or 2 to say about that, though.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2024 at 11:15 PM, Brewster67 said:

In what way would it haunt them?

The US is like Israel, becoming extremely isolated from the world that is on the rise... All they have are their little sycophants that are equally in decline.

The era of western hegemony is OVER.

not over but slowly burning out, but if it happens, especially if Trump gets back, WW3 is on the cards

On 6/14/2024 at 11:15 PM, Brewster67 said:

In what way would it haunt them?

The US is like Israel, becoming extremely isolated from the world that is on the rise... All they have are their little sycophants that are equally in decline.

The era of western hegemony is OVER.

nah! but it's on the nose big time and it will only get worse if these far right parties start attaining power,Trump included

• Agree 1