My 90 day online report was rejected due to the hotel in bkk that I stayed at last week

I've been a little confused about this myself. If you rent a condo, where the owner does the reporting - they're not going to even know whether you spent a weekend trip away. Is the owner supposed to be contacted each and every to time? Almost zero chance they would reliably register within 24 hours even if you did notify the owner..

Sorry that doesn't answer your question, but while I believe there's a small fine (or used to be, reading the other thread on this the law changed in 2020, but not all immigration follow the new law), I have a feeling it's not enforced, due to the impracticality of it. Imagine if you travel once or twice a week for work, are you really going to front up at immigration each time? It's just not practical. I know there's online reporting, but that hasn't always existed.

Edited by jacob29

37 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

The Tm47 90 day reporting system AND the new TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) system now cross check each other for address matching
IF you stay at a hotel that registers you into the TM30 system (which most hotels/guest houses do) then when you come back home you need to file a new TM30

You should enroll in the new TM30 online system, then you can file a TM30 in just a few minutes online and print the confirmation that you're registered at your address.
This is the website to apply for a login password on the TM30 system

Since they started the address matching between the systems HUNDREDS of people all over the country are getting their 90 day online reports rejected because they stayed some place in country that registered them and then didn't re-file a new TM30 when they got back home
https://tm30.immigration.go.th

Thanks for your reply. If I don't do it are there any implications?

on the tm30 there is 2 sections for address. Do I just put my usual home address in both?

it all seems to be a waste of time 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Did you check-in with your passport?

You have a yellow book, which you can use to get a pink ID.

You can check in to hotel with pink ID and avoid the TM30 hassle.

The owner of any accomodation establishment is required by law to report a foreigner staying with them so the pink ID card would not work. I think.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

their 90 day online reports rejected because they stayed some place in country that registered them and then didn't re-file a new TM30 when they got back home

My 2 last 90 day rejected without going anywhere 🙄even though my tm30 was not old.

They had no answer for it, a"glitch". 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The TM-30 requirement is the section of the Thai Immigration law ( 1979 ) that requires the address registration of a foreigner visiting  or residing  Thailand REGARDLESS of whether they are on holiday or living permanently. To be done WITHIN 24 hours - usually by the hotel where you stay ( or stay for a short holiday / overnight ) or a landlord where you rent - some landlords do not do.  A ligitinate hotel WILL process a TM-30 for a registered guest foreigner - if you stay at a hotel AND  "live" here, file a TM-30 when you return to your home within 24 hours.

A foreigner CAN do their own TM-30 as HOUSE MASTER or POSSESSOR with the proper paperwork as I have done for myself and also have done TM-30's for visitors staying at my house.

Filing a TM-30 for a foreign visitor, a TM-30 makes "stay extensions easier" for your visitor,  and is required to do a 90 day report.

Many Immigration Offices NOW cross check TM-30's 90 day,  re-entry permits and stay extensions. ( 1st hand knowledge November last year.)

NOTE:

ALL THE NECESSARY paperwork REQUIRED depends on your LOCAL IO policies.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Theory said:

My 2 last 90 day rejected without going anywhere 🙄even though my tm30 was not old. 🤔

What reason was stated?

My last was rejected because I only filled in the asterisked (mandatory usually) fields - they said incomplete. Filled in every field and then accepted

• Thanks 1

Just a side note guys...

I did my 90 days check online as I done for years.

I been waiting on confirmation of approval via email for the past 4 days. ( No email )

I logged online to the 90 days website, my 90 days have been approved but I had no confirmation email stating of approval.

That never happened before.

Reads like the Op is in the wrong country. 

Hunky dory feel good story, but in my case without the "beautiful polite immigration lady" and with a big fine. 😄

If you just don't do it there are implications. You will be fined. Also, if you get a home visit or get into contact with an official anywhere you risk them finding out it's not done. What happens from there is anyone's guess. Hopefully you get that great officer you imagined last time.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Coota said:

The owner of any accomodation establishment is required by law to report a foreigner staying with them so the pink ID card would not work. I think.

Quite wrong. I use my pink ID for domestic hotel Check-in, domestic Airline check-in, and opening bank accounts. You could just call a hotel and ask if they accept that ID or not.

• Confused 2

I'm going on a north/northeast tour of Thailand later this year with my Thai lady friend.

We live (long term rented condo) in Jomtien.

In an attempt to avoid this bureaucracy, would accommodations permit only my Thai lady friend to check us both in --- or perhaps, could I get away with it by just using my Thai driving license?

31 minutes ago, Coota said:

The pink card has always worked for me, everywhere in LOS. Never a TM30, except when returning from abroad. No hassles with online 90days provided TM30 is done (and I do it online) after such a trip.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Quite wrong. I use my pink ID for domestic hotel Check-in, domestic Airline check-in, and opening bank accounts. You could just call a hotel and ask if they accept that ID or not.

I'm not wrong, it is a requirement to report an alien staying at your establishment.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

The Tm47 90 day reporting system AND the new TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) system now cross check each other for address matching
IF you stay at a hotel that registers you into the TM30 system (which most hotels/guest houses do) then when you come back home you need to file a new TM30

You should enroll in the new TM30 online system, then you can file a TM30 in just a few minutes online and print the confirmation that you're registered at your address.
This is the website to apply for a login password on the TM30 system

Since they started the address matching between the systems HUNDREDS of people all over the country are getting their 90 day online reports rejected because they stayed some place in country that registered them and then didn't re-file a new TM30 when they got back home
https://tm30.immigration.go.th

Good luck with that never got it to work after trying for weeks, gave old 6 year old TM30 at immigration this week and they accepted it, despite staying in many hotels here since then

20 minutes ago, Coota said:

I'm not wrong, it is a requirement to report an alien staying at your establishment.

I don't dispute that.

I dispute this:

1 hour ago, Coota said:

so the pink ID card would not work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Happened to me at chaeng watthana. Since then i don't do 90 day reports.

• Haha 1