Dual pricing on Shopee?

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Your problem of paying a higher price was solved. Or was it no meaning with your post?

Simply that of enquiring if any BM,s here had experienced similar price differentials between items available to both Thai and foreigners on either Shopee or Lazada.

I had picked out the item on Shopee as it was cheaper than Lazada at that time,from the same Toshiba Official Store and out of courtesy I asked my TGF to take a look as she was on her phone at the time at the item to get her approval upon the machine....it was then that we discovered the price to her was cheaper by 300 baht in total....just by pure chance....but in future any major item that is needed I will get her to check the price beforehand :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, CallumWK said:

In your dreams, otherwise why would that strict algorithm not catch brand-new 2Tb WD Blue SSD's sold at 500 baht.

Or items with brand names, while that real brand doesn't even manufacture that item?

I can give you hundreds of such cases that are active for long time on both platforms. I have even reported several of them, with solid evidence included.

Why do you think that if you return an item that is fake or isn't as promised, you are not allowed to write a review? Simply because Shopee or Lazada doesn't want to be exposed for them supporting their bogus sellers

I tend to look at items and save to a folder, so I can look again and again at said item before deleting or ordering

Some items  you need to re read many times, a simple read you can easy miss something, like the name spelling has a U instead or a A, + phones VIVO but a much cheaper phone same code and model it appears in every ways but is a VIVQ, + like the 100% genuine i114/115 and now the i116 Max Pro has nothing to do with Apple i phones.

Some giveaways is 'No Brand,' on many items.. No warranty is another

so how can it be a WD + on PC items check Advice IT has good prices, so if they sell for say 2,500, how is it possible that you get what you think you ordered for 500 baht.?

19 hours ago, mogandave said:

I get the best price I can, and then hand my phone to my wife with  my account open, with the item in my cart, and my wife will still get more discounts. 

Of course that happens, that is because smartphones obviously have the facility to recognise the sex and nationality of any person holding it, at any one time, or to decide whether they are worthy of a discount

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ignis said:

so how can it be a WD + on PC items check Advice IT has good prices, so if they sell for say 2,500, how is it possible that you get what you think you ordered for 500 baht.?

That is just my point. If they had an strict algorithm in place, as another member claims, how this item could ever pass?

https://shopee.co.th/3D-NAND-SATA-SSD-1TB-Blue-3D-NAND-Internal-PC-SSD-SATA-III-6-Gb-s-SATA-SSD-i.266357122.24068377394?

image.png.48963ee7783a63e934169b12aa652a86.png

Or this one 

https://shopee.co.th/3D-Nand-Sata-Ssd-1Tb-Blue-Internal-Pc-Iii-6-Gb-S-G-9--i.266356953.23087439599?

image.png.a884451ab89f713ac6841e0db29bdce5.pngimage.png.dc8a1a26b9397a65b61688e9d4c04bdb.png

Edited by CallumWK

13 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I can give you hundreds of such cases that are active for long time on both platforms.

It would be a great help to everyone if you could list here those "hundreds of vendors to avoid", thank you so much.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It would be a great help to everyone if you could list here those "hundreds of vendors to avoid", thank you so much.

It would be a great help if you would refrain from being a major pedant on this forum arguing with EVERYONE, just for the sake of arguing.

If you had opened you s*it eyes you had noticed I posted 2 examples already

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It would be a great help if you would refrain from being a major pedant on this forum arguing with EVERYONE, just for the sake of arguing.

If you had opened you s*it eyes you had noticed I posted 2 examples already

It would be a great help if you would refrain from posting deliberately incorrect claims, then.  You said that you could provide hundreds of such examples of fraudulent offers but you cannot, if you could there would be no "arguments" but of course, I was not arguing, I was asking you a question, that's all.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It can (repeat CAN) be related to a cookie placed on your computer/device. The first time you scroll through offerings and look at one or the other advertisement/listing - which is noted with a cookie on your device. 

Once you come back to the same advertisement, the price might have increased because the advertiser believes, that you are back to close the sale. Happened to me on airline tickets which sky-rocketed from USD 1,490 to USD 2,090. Clearing history and cookings, revisiting the flight = et voila, the old price of USD 1,490 was there again. 

The platform (here Shopee) knows, from what kind of device you're scrolling the page. The Mac/iPhone congregation can (repeat CAN) have higher prices than the rest of the visitors. Another element could (repeat COULD) be the language settings. Some listing accessed by a Thai-set device are cheaper than a foreign-language set gizmo. 

In closing, you might want to consider the idea of buying a big machine; the marginal price difference (you can bargain with these guys in HomePro and MegaHome as well) will ensure, that the machine is not dropped at the threshold of your property, hovering it around and installing it yourself. Latter requires careful reading of the manual to avoid, that you i.e. forget to remove the three to four transportation screws on the back of the machine (on a front loader). If they screw it up upon installation, then Bob's your uncle and they'll take care of it. Just saying ......... 

18 hours ago, CallumWK said:

In your dreams, otherwise why would that strict algorithm not catch brand-new 2Tb WD Blue SSD's sold at 500 baht.

Or items with brand names, while that real brand doesn't even manufacture that item?

I can give you hundreds of such cases that are active for long time on both platforms. I have even reported several of them, with solid evidence included.

Why do you think that if you return an item that is fake or isn't as promised, you are not allowed to write a review? Simply because Shopee or Lazada doesn't want to be exposed for them supporting their bogus sellers

I tried to return an item from Lazada which was nothing like the one advertised I completed the requisite web form with pictures. A refund was made to Lazada Wallet within minutes of submitting the form. I repacked the item but there has been no attempt whatsoever to collect it for return (2 months now) and, as you say, I cannot write a bad review to warn other people about it. It's as though the whole system has been automated. Selling a duff product that they can't get rid of otherwise expecting a few returns but because its not that expensive also expecting many people to just shrug their shoulders and throw it in the bin and not demand a refund because its too much hassle. The advert is still on Lazada

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course that happens, that is because smartphones obviously have the facility to recognise the sex and nationality of any person holding it, at any one time, or to decide whether they are worthy of a discount

Or it could be that my wife just knows how to get every discount possible. 

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Or it could be that my wife just knows how to get every discount possible.

You thought that my comment didn't have a hint of sarcasm?!

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2024 at 7:34 AM, Moonlover said:

Where the delivery addresses the same on both devises? that will make a difference to delivery charges, especially on big items

Then maybe one was 'logged on' at the time and the other not. Lazada relies on the post code to calculate the total cost. I do not believe for one moment that Lazada operates 'dual pricing'. Any difference in price is down to location. I presume the same also applies to Shopee

Edited by Moonlover

On 6/15/2024 at 4:22 PM, steven100 said:

ok Jeff ,  let me ask you, have you ever purchased anything in a Flash Sale and saved 100's of baht from the normal price   ?   because I never have .....  

Yes, in fact I have! I got the OnePlus earbuds that I currently use for more than a thousand baht under the regular price during a flash sale. For the really steeply discounted items, you usually have to pounce immediately when the sale starts to have any hope of catching one.

• Thanks 1

What I certainly don't like about Shopee is that most of their vouchers are racist based.

Right now, i have 17 vouchers, of which 15 are only valid for those who have registered for pay later.

Vouchers for pay later registrants also offer higher discounts.

Foreigners can't register for pay later.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:19 AM, petermik said:

Looking to buy a new Washing machine in Shopee mid month sale....priced with a shop discount of 500 baht plus 800 baht mid month promotion total saving 1300 baht....go for it methinks... but before I order I get the TGF to check it out first.....low and behold on her phone the price is reduced 600 baht and 1000 baht mid month promotion total saving 1600....same shop same product same payment method.

I,m thinking farang pay premium price compared to Thai person?

How are you going about with your possible faulty equipment and guarantee on Shopee?

• Confused 1