Credit card deception

georgegeorgia

32 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Recently I came back to my home country of Australia after being locked up in Pattaya for 6 weeks, I won't get into the full story as I'm suffering PTSD over it

But I checked my credit card statement to see 5 transactions for Uber made in Europe totalling $400 US in one night !

I immediately rang the credit card company ( Australian bank) to get a very bad woman on the end who told me she would cancel my card and I must go and fill out a dispute form and send it in.

She was clearly unemotional and I  was angry and she told me to calm down 

I had my CC in front of me so who used it for $400 in the UK for Uber when I was in Thailand?

She told me it's likely someone could of bought my numbers off the dark web or copied my card 

Now I rang the police in Australia who were disinterested and smart arse who asked me if I wanted they send a team of top Australian detectives to London ,when I said yes ! He hung up the phone !

So I rang the UK London metro detectives who were a bit more nicer and they told me to ring the bank in Australia but if I found a nameof any offender  to call them back 

Any idea how they  would use my CC details to buy food  in a uber eats  across the World ?

CC company will reimburse.

What is your problem?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which number did you use to get direct contact with "the UK detectives (London)" [sic]?

At least these people were far nicer and finally transferred me to a very senior member , 

Scotland yard were nice too 

So on which number did you directly contact "Scotland Yard"?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And this is EXACTLY why these people are getting away or should I say GOT AWAY with having a great FREE time in the UK last month ordering home delivery on my money because of peoples APATHY !

I'm tempted to find these Bxxxxstards myself by flying to the UK and dealing with them

There seems no investigation into these crimes !

5 times in one night they ordered home delivery.ad I said to the nasty bank woman,they were having a good old PARTY on.my money !!

It sounds like you were being the nasty one because the 'bank woman' didn't please you in specific manner you expected. 

It seems as though this is the first time you've had your card fraudulently used - you've lost your virginity... usually you can expect to get F£$ked every year or so...

... Its par for the course, no need to get wound up about it.

... No need to play the moral highground and 'get all butt hurt' that they get away with this because of peoples apathy, becasue you were completely apathetic about this for the past 20 years while using your card, or extremely naieve to the risks. 

...  the whole point of using a credit car is that the USER has better protection.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

At least these people were far nicer and finally transferred me to a very senior member , 

Scotland yard were nice too 

So you care only about how 'nice' they were ????

I've had my card fraudulently used numerous times - I don't care for pleasantries and platitudes...  I only care for 'cold hard facts' line of questions and answers and the plan moving forwards - no need for please, thankyou's etc... 

... And certainly no need for an apology, its not their fault (the fraud team).... 

.... Thus: What exactly did you expect... Did this 'bad bank woman' tell you to eff off or something ? exactly how was she 'bad' ???....   did you call the correct department even and she told you she couldn't help as it wasn't her department and you should try the number on the back of your card etc ????

43 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

That's the case yes ...but ....but ..some B used my CC to order themselves home delivery food X 5 times in one night in the UK 

Are Scotland yard not interested, they told me to give THEM names of  the potential offenders and file a report 

The Australian police hung up on me 

The bank seemed she was reading a script 

Now has anyone else had this happen to them ? 

How did they get my cc number?

When i reported my credit card fraud the bank didn't really care who might have done it, only a big issue for the victim, just move on and forget about it and don't save credit card details online

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i reported my credit card fraud the bank didn't really care who might have done it, only a big issue for the victim, just move on and forget about it and don't save credit card details online

I don't think it matters where... I've tried to be careful but still got stung. 

It used to happen a lot in Malaysia... when using 'paper credit card' transactions (before they were all digital) there was a 50% chance of fraud then I reckon. 

These days, most my mine comes down to one or two of Thailands 'online shopping' sites - I that seemed to fit a pattern. 

Then we go for a year with nothing...    I'm guessing its staff within on of those 'ecosystems'  who is able to get hold of the data and sell it...  So, which ever website we are using, it ultimately comes down to the level of access an individia; member of staff gets to a 'data set' and is able to sell it on.

I think its a lot more common than many up us like to admit. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

The big deal is ....I have the CC in front of me !

How did someone use it?

years ago, when i run a pub
i used to tell customers to never use their credit card anywhere they have to hand it to someone
to prove my point, i would take there card for payment
and in the few seconds of handling their card right in front of them
i would memorize all the details
about 4 pints later i would recite their card details from memory
and then say, "imagine how easy it is if i use pen n paper...."
then i would explain to them about skimmers, which can be worn and unnoticed on a belt
all you need are the details, not the card
hotels, bars, clubs are the worst places to use a card
and never allow others to handle your card

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, patman30 said:

years ago, when i run a pub
i used to tell customers to never use their credit card anywhere they have to hand it to someone
to prove my point, i would take there card for payment
and in the few seconds of handling their card right in front of them
i would memorize all the details
about 4 pints later i would recite their card details from memory
and then say, "imagine how easy it is if i use pen n paper...."
then i would explain to them about skimmers, which can be worn and unnoticed on a belt
all you need are the details, not the card
hotels, bars, clubs are the worst places to use a card
and never allow others to handle your card

never use their credit card anywhere they have to hand it to someone

Sometimes, this is almost impossible.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think it matters where... I've tried to be careful but still got stung. 

It used to happen a lot in Malaysia... when using 'paper credit card' transactions (before they were all digital) there was a 50% chance of fraud then I reckon. 

These days, most my mine comes down to one or two of Thailands 'online shopping' sites - I that seemed to fit a pattern. 

Then we go for a year with nothing...    I'm guessing its staff within on of those 'ecosystems'  who is able to get hold of the data and sell it...  So, which ever website we are using, it ultimately comes down to the level of access an individia; member of staff gets to a 'data set' and is able to sell it on.

I think its a lot more common than many up us like to admit. 

I've never had fraud on my card using Lazada or AliExpress but i never save credit card details, may help

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ravip said:

never use their credit card anywhere they have to hand it to someone

Sometimes, this is almost impossible.

when would it be almost impossible?
when would you have no other option but to hand your card to someone?
a lot of times people just do this by habit when there is no need too

Edited by patman30