UK Police Arrest London Man for Pro-Hamas Social Media Post

Social Media

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's good to know that in Britain crime has fallen to such low levels that the plod can be used to arrest someone for something they said on line.

No wonder the police are now regarded with such disrespect.

Really, the expert Red bloke speaks...............🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Start rounding them up.

Very, very, long over due in the uk.

In this case the perpetrator posed such a major threat that he was released on bail. He didn't stay rounded up for long.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, you define mere speech as "supporting a terrorist organization"? Material support is one thing, speech quite another.

The UK has a Terrorist Act, I am surprised you didn't know that, sift through your links....:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

The UK has a Terrorist Act, I am surprised you didn't know that, sift through your links....:coffee1:

. Do you believe that laws are sacrosanct and their effects shouldn't be criticized?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure I'd be able to remember all the 81 organisations I'm prohibited from supporting. Social media is a dangerous place, it can get you sacked and now jailed.

This topic is about a Hamas terrorist supporter not 81 other orgs

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure I'd be able to remember all the 81 organisations I'm prohibited from supporting. Social media is a dangerous place, it can get you sacked and now jailed. These are starting to look like 'thought crimes'.

Then be careful, they may start looking for you again......😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Laws evolve over time for a reason, protecting UK citizens from religious nuts is one of them.

But I expect you can't think that far ahead....Stick to your links hobby....:coffee1:

Because history definitely shows that governments don't pass laws used to stifle speech? My links are to the real world. You clearly get your information from Oppositeworld.

• Haha 1

Nice work on the ones the police do catch. Dangerous bastards. Here's just one example.

Proactive investigation leads to man’s third terror-related conviction

Detective Chief Superintendent Hayley Sewart, of the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: “Extremist content online can cause serious harm in communities, particularly to young and other vulnerable people, and it is often intended to radicalise and recruit people to terrorist causes. That is why we work hard to identify people who post this kind of material, and to get it removed from websites.

“Terrorism offenders always have conditions imposed upon them when they are released from prison into communities, to minimise the risk of reoffending and to protect the public.

https://news.met.police.uk/news/proactive-investigation-leads-to-mans-third-terror-related-conviction-479773

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't be silly, there are folk in prison in the UK for "talking" terrorism, gawd, you're protecting these folk, but I am not surprised.......:coffee1:

It depends on what they said. If they are advising on ways to send material support to terrorist groups that's one thing. But simply praising a terrorist group is also grounds for prosecution and imprisonment.

• Haha 2

Useful contact number for contacting the police in the UK for similar suspected cases

We encourage people who see material online that they are concerned may be terrorist or extremist to report it to the team online

https://news.met.police.uk/news/woman-charged-after-a-public-referral-was-made-into-the-counter-terrorism-internet-referral-unit-482752

• Like 1

A post contravening our community standards has been removed. Please stay on topic, this is not about the US consitution. 

UK Police Arrest London Man for Pro-Hamas Social Media Post

4 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Start rounding them up.

Very, very, long over due in the uk.

Agree, round up all the Muslims and all the Jews and send them to fight each other in the Middle East.

Why should the UK taxpayers be burdened with their religious nonsense. They will never get along. Ever.

How much is it costing us?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Oooooh, now it depends on what is said, 😂, you can stand down now, your hole is getting deeper...........🤪

You carry on supporting terrorist cr@p, we are used to your ramblings.........🥴

Are you Jewish by any chance?

• Confused 1

Just now, MalcolmB said:

Agree, round up all the Muslims and all the Jews and send them to fight each other in the Middle East.

Why should the UK taxpayers be burdened with their religious nonsense. They will never get along. Ever.

How much is it costing us?

Costing you..........😂

The UK is basically a Christian country, Jesus was King of the Jews, your Muslims are the odd ones out...........🤭

I thought you were an Aussie......🤔