Foreign Man Captured on Video Stealing a Motorcycle in Chalong District

webfact

46 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Visa restrictions eased, allowing more to stay long term.

In my opinion the big thing is cannabis. Short term it's okay, but prolonged long term smoking here really does mess people up. 

No, you are very wrong here. Cannabis does not make people steal. Lack of money and a criminal mindset do. Cannabis, might be something that makes people act in a more zombie like stage, for sure. But mostly just relaxing and minding their own business. many time it put more focus on what a person like to do and is interested in. For example a guy who likes to repair cars, can get into it more and almost get an obsession during smoking. Something that also clarifies that a person with a criminal mindset get more focused on that.

Edited by Gottfrid

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

She left her keys in the bike so it was bound to be stolen by someone.

By you perhaps if you had the chance? Most Thais believe in karma and this lowlife is going to find out about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terryq said:

Over the years I have left keys in a parked motorcycle and nothing untoward has happened

However everyone is missing the more serious crime being committed here ...

HE'S RIDING WITHOUT A SHIRT !

And I bet he's not Wearing Any Underpants !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not the brightest for sure, the bike he stole is barely worth anything.

Not to you maybe, but to her it's all she's got, climb down from your ivory tower, so why not contact her and send her around 50k...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Close the doors then. Stop ALL tourism if they don't like it.

Then you will see the really 'Poor Thailand'.

Remember 2020/21?

bob.

Always a balance. 

Clean up the system and have better quality visitors. 

Could even up a 'esta' type system to verify visitor does not have a criminal record before visiting. 

Edited by DonniePeverley

3 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Always a balance. 

Clean up the system and have better quality visitors. 

Could even up a 'esta' type system to verify visitor does not have a criminal record before visiting. 

Thailand needs mass tourism, as it accounts for almost 20% of their GDP.

Without that Thailand's economy is fledgling. 

They are really, really worried now, especially going into the low season.

Bringing in more checks at the border means less people entering the country, means less money being brought to the table.

Thailand should be happy they are getting any tourists at all  in 2024.

Beggars can't be choosers!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

No-one seems to have noticed the fact that if her bike was stolen by a Thai, it never would have made the news. She left her keys in the bike so it was bound to be stolen by someone. At least the police can begin checking with immigration photos to try to find the man although they may never find the bike. Sad for the lady but irresponsible to walk away from your motorcycle leaving the keys in the ignition. 

It makes the news because at one time farang in Thailand knew how to behave. Older Thais are shocked by the change they have witnessed in recent times.

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Thailand needs mass tourism, as it accounts for almost 20% of their GDP.

Without that Thailand's economy is fledgling. 

They are really, really worried now, especially going into the low season.

Bringing in more checks at the border means less people entering the country, means less money being brought to the table.

Thailand should be happy they are getting any tourists at all  in 2024.

Beggars can't be choosers!

bob.

Nonsense of the highest order. The answer is not MORE cheap mass tourism. 

Do research on tourism itself. Some regions can brand themselves into luxury getaways (see regions of the Caibbean like Barbados, Aruba, St Lucia even some in Asia like Maldives, maybe even to a certain extent Hawaii, even if it isn't). 

Thailand has some beautiful islands, some beautiful natural beauty, and a rich historical culture. If you aim for cheap mass influx, you turn away quality high spending tourists who will not venture to these cheap packed out places. 

However, to do this you have to clean the places up from corruption, improved infrustructure, airports of international standards with lounges etc, have security standards, weed away the dross visitors. 

Otherwise what happens is you are then permanently addicted to cheap mass tourism. Go look at Bali as a prime example. Back 10-15 years ago Bali was a classy upscale dream like place to visit for many around the world. However, the place got hooked on wanting more and more visitors. Eventually it turned away the quality spending tourists because of how busy it had become, so as a result the island then had to lure in more and more people to compensate for the loss of the high spending visitors. It was a an enviromental disaster for the region. Go to Bali now - it's a dump, full of cheap mass tourists. 

I don't want these beautiful places in Thailand to head down the same path as Bali, suffer from the mass enviromental disaster, and just be addicted to cheap mass tourism.

This isn't going into the effect for the local population. As we see hear, when you import cheap mass tourism you get crime, you get annoying alcohol consumed violence, and so on and so on. You then allow long term visitors to stay which pushes locals out, and so forth. 

I tell you somewhere that is punching above it's weight and that is Sri Lankam with a similar rich culture and beautiful landscape. It has really cleaned up it's image. Hell it even kicked out the Russians staying on long term visas. The resorts are expensive, not a cheap backpacker in site. They can charge nearly 3-4 times more than what Thailand charges for similar resorts, because there is no dross there. 

Edited by DonniePeverley

6 hours ago, webfact said:

parked near Soi Ta-iad

Near Phuket's "Fight and Fitness" street!

The thief is shirtless, shorn and wearing sneakers. Possibly out for a run, got tired and needed a ride back to his gym.

I would start by checking all the Muay Thai and similar premises down that street.

9 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Nonsense of the highest order. 

It isn't nonsense at all.

OK, go for it Thailand. Turn your back on the Mass Tourism that has been the backbone of your economy since the 1980's and see how well you do!

After 5 years of trying to attract (and failing) only the well to do, they will be begging for the dirty backpackers and tatted up thugs to come back in their droves!

but go ahead, Thailand. 

You do you!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I have 5 children and have forgotten my keys. 

In the past when the kids were young, unintentionally I have left the keys in my vehicle, only happened a few times but glad they were still there when I returned.

The kids or the keys ?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

A news troll post has been removed.

Should you see an error in a news topic and would like to help us, please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

@brianthainess

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, bob smith said:

After 5 years of trying to attract (and failing) only the well to do, they will be begging for the dirty backpackers and tatted up thugs to come back in their droves!

There has never been any period in Thai history where they have attempted to attract quality tourism. There has been no concerted effort to tackle the infrustructure projects on islands, no attempt to end corrupt practices like the taxi situation, no attempt to have a proper tourist structure for hotels in keeping quality practises. Nothing. 

They did talk of resetting before covid, as locals were becoming annoyed at the sheer mass tourist levels which had reached record levels, and are now heading in same direction with this years numbers - albeit they always have a bit of a moan during low season. 

Opening up the border and giving long term visiting rites to masses of countries is only going to create more of a problem. Tourists who will spend top dollar will not be coming to Thailand. 

It's ok, he'll get caught. There is cctv evry"freakin"where nowdays, i dont know why these guys do that, they know they will get filmed anyhow. 2 neurons....The guy is so clearly visible in those snapshots 

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Filthy, lowlife foreigner, sees a motorbike that a mother uses to take her child to school with the key in the ignition then decides to ride off on it. 

Poor Thailand, so many nasty foreigners coming here now. 

How was he to know the mother uses it to take her child to school? Did the motorbike come with a sign indicating it used for the school run. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jonclark said:

How was he to know the mother uses it to take her child to school? Did the motorbike come with a sign indicating it used for the school run. 

Yes, he knew, it had a sign. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not to you maybe, but to her it's all she's got, climb down from your ivory tower, so why not contact her and send her around 50k...

I'm obviously talking about the thief, the fact I have to say that well.. 

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Perhaps the thief had an identical bike and took the wrong one?

Could happen, especially if he doesn't remember the number, 

Edited by ChipButty

Some guys just steal it for joy rides instead of taking public transport.  It happened to a friend of mine. Left the bike engine running while buying something and the thief ran off with it. A few days later, somebody called up to say the bike was found intact Kms away . Seemed to be a joyride event. 

It's ok, he'll get caught. There is cctv evry"freakin"where nowdays, i dont know why these guys do that, they know they will get filmed anyhow. 2 neurons....The guy is so clearly visible in those snapshots