How will it end?

How will it end?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

pop on down to pattaya and ask all the citizens that fled there if they agree with you.....and hows that ruble doing???....

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/09/1147894588/ukraine-russia-war-kyiv-update-ceasefire-putin

Just like the Orange Felon his ego will be his downfall......birds of a feather.....Bullys' arent used to pushback....

Perhaps you can point out just how Ukraine is winning. Another counteroffensive on the horizon, perhaps, or how they saved Avdiivka from capture by Russia. If not that, how the F 16 is going to win the war for Ukraine, just like the Leopard did.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Yet another Putin puppet projecting what he wishes, not what he knows. The last thing Putin wants is NATO troops against the thousands of drunks and criminals he’s pushed to the front line. 

The WW3 threat is a joke, because any attempt by him to provoke that will land him with a bullet on the brain. This 3 day project has been a disaster for Putin. He’s a diminished figure in the world, a second tier power to China. The myth of Russian military might has been demolished in Ukraine, with some of his best troops wiped out by a bunch of wheat farmers and tech geeks with weapons. His much vaunted weapons have turned out to be poor quality and dysfunctional. 

One of the main reasons that the Russian elites fear a nuclear war is because Russian nuclear warheads will malfunction and drop on them. Russia is a joke militarily. 

You seem to have vivid dreams.

Russian nuclear warheads will malfunction and drop on them.

Oh dear, seriously? :giggle:

Remind us how US astronauts were transported to the ISS after Obama pulled the plug on the US's only means of doing so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Whatever the reason , we should all truly be thankful that America came to Europe's aid......for the second time. Their young men died helping to preserve our freedoms . I respect their sacrifice and would never belittle their decisive contribution.

Of course. No dispute with me on that. We were just lucky enough that Japan thought they could win against America. If not for the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour likely Hitler would not have declared war on the US, Britain would have fallen, Germany would have won in Russia and it's goodnight for us.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

yet still resent being called out.

You might want to rethink that. I wasn't aware that you had "called me out", to resent it. If I ever thought enough about it to have an emotional reaction along those lines I'd put you on ignore.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rabas said:

1. After the invasion, Russia captured an added 119,000 km2, of which Ukrainian has liberated 74,443 km2. After that, change is peanuts. [link]

2. Ukraine has US$ 110+ billion on the way, now arriving from various sources.

3. Russia's civil economy is slowly collapsing as discussed earlier. China refused to and N Korea can't help financially.

4. Gazprom is failing financially, now a drain on the war effort.  

link -> https://x.com/i/status/1805989796306911712

5. Russian military correspondent complains that Ukraine drones now outnumber Russia's by a huge factor.  

link -> https://x.com/i/status/1805669707640643604

I doubt the war will end on the battlefield, it will likely end with Putin's fall as more Russian's count the internal damage to their country.  Putin remains a madman. 

2. Ukraine has US$ 110+ billion on the way, now arriving from various sources.

Money never wins wars. Willing boots on the ground do. Ukraine has run out of willing boots and is resorting to unwilling ones.

I doubt the war will end on the battlefield,

Wars since last century never usually end on the battlefield. They usually end on a table somewhere and people negotiate an end, as will happen with this one.

The Pacific war didn't end on the battlefield either. It ended in Nagasaki.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

We have the same in the UK. Then it was Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists, in the 1930's. We see the same today with Farage and his Reform party, with extensive links to Russian affiliates. The vast majority of the old muppets who support them have no idea what lurks behind this mob of fascists.

They are all linked ... Farage, Le Pen, Trump, Orban, AfD in Germany ... and all roads lead to Russia.  

I can't believe you are comparing Nigel Farage and the Reform party to Mosley's mob, that's just crazy talk, also Farage has never even been to Russia, please tell me the "extensive links"  What he said was taken out of context as you know if you did and once of research. The internet is full of world leaders in the last 20 years cozying up to Putin

Farage is attracting huge gatherings wherever he goes of people not being able to see their doctor, or dentist, and their town getting overrun with young Albanians  etc

They really look like a bunch of fascists, look at the people in the queue in the link below, this was in that hotbed of radicals in DEVON lol, he has nearly sold out the NEC in Birmingham this Sunday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

It's incredible that, given the subject of the thread (Russia's invasion of Ukraine) and the subject of your comment (transparently bogus reasons for going to war) you didn't do the most obvious thing and combine the two to produce... "we have to invade Ukraine because it's a Nazi state."

They indeed behaved the same in Donbas for many years - it was a form of genocide, of course - shutting the language down, burning books and lawless killings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Seppius said:

I can't believe you are comparing Nigel Farage and the Reform party to Mosley's mob, that's just crazy talk, also Farage has never even been to Russia, please tell me the "extensive links"  What he said was taken out of context as you know if you did and once of research. The internet is full of world leaders in the last 20 years cozying up to Putin

Farage is attracting huge gatherings wherever he goes of people not being able to see their doctor, or dentist, and their town getting overrun with young Albanians  etc

They really look like a bunch of fascists, look at the people in the queue in the link below, this was in that hotbed of radicals in DEVON lol, he has nearly sold out the NEC in Birmingham this Sunday

To prove your point you send a post by Katie Hopkins, a well known right wing grifter? Beggars belief. 

I refer you to the recent Mail on Sunday article which provided a long list of Reform Party candidates making pro-Putin statements. Just one example:

Jonathan Mappin - "being friends with Putin is very smart. We love him"

Add to that Chris Bryant, MP who accused Farage of receiving more than £500k from Russian State broadcaster Russia Today. Farage denied it, of course. 

I could go on, but you're not worth the effort involved. 

But have a look at this:

https://www.bylinesupplement.com/p/nigel-farage-from-russia-with-love

A number of questions for Putin puppet Farage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

To prove your point you send a post by Katie Hopkins, a well known right wing grifter? Beggars belief. 

I refer you to the recent Mail on Sunday article which provided a long list of Reform Party candidates making pro-Putin statements. Just one example:

Jonathan Mappin - "being friends with Putin is very smart. We love him"

Add to that Chris Bryant, MP who accused Farage of receiving more than £500k from Russian State broadcaster Russia Today. Farage denied it, of course. 

I could go on, but you're not worth the effort involved. 

But have a look at this:

https://www.bylinesupplement.com/p/nigel-farage-from-russia-with-love

A number of questions for Putin puppet Farage. 

Nothing wrong with being right wing, half of Europe is going that way, does not make you a fascist

And as I said, most of the world leaders can be seen cozying up to Putin and Russia in the last 20 years,, many well known people have been on RT they actually broadcast in the UK 24/7, and actually Farage denies getting 1/2 million, it's never been proved

https://www.bylinesupplement.com/p/nigel-farage-from-russia-with-love   is that really the best you can do lol, extremely left wing piece of garbage to discredit Reform, because people in the UK are speaking up and want change. 

There is a huge media and political jugganaught happening to discredit Farage and Reform, just look at lefties BBC

Katie Hopkins was commenting on a real video of hundreds of very normal people waiting to see Farage, but i bet you never even looked at it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Still waiting for the condemnation of Russia's invasion, from you or any of the "pro-peace" crowd.

It was an entirely expected result of Ukraine's intent to join NATO. I don't condemn expected events, else I'd be outside shaking my fist at the sky for raining.

If I'm going to condemn anything, it's the neocons that IMO manufactured this war.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

You talk about all these good people with genuine concerns queuing up to listen to the Reform Party? The same people queued up to listen to Mosley and Mussolini and Hitler. These people tap into ordinary peoples genuine concerns because it makes them popular … but what those ordinary people seem blind to is the underlying agendas of these populists, and the mess they lead you to.

What never gets mentioned are the reasons why "good people with genuine concerns queue up to listen to xyz".

Hitler because of the reparations post WW1, today because of unfettered immigration and other such loony policies by ideologues ( or as I like to describe them- idiots with an agenda ).

• Confused 1