TM.30 receipt lost... is it needed for extension of stay?

I have an extension of stay (based on non-immigrant O visa) application coming up in Bangkok so while going through the list of required documents I realized that the TM.30 receipt that was stapled in my passport was gone.

I've done a bit of traveling over the past year and used re-entry permits to return so maybe at some stage an immigration officer had removed it.

Is the paper receipt actually necessary to show for the extension application, or can they simply check their database to see the same address that I had notified years ago?

Or would I have to do a new TM.30 report just to get a receipt to show? I'm hoping that I wouldn't need to do this as it'd require hassling the property owner.

8 minutes ago, omnipresent said:

Is the paper receipt actually necessary to show for the extension application

No. Never been asked for it.

can they simply check their database to see the same address that I had notified years ago?

Yes.

TM.30 receipt that was stapled in my passport

I have never had a TM30 stapled in my passport, didn't know people do that. 

Edited by Lorry
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, seems since you mentioned Bangkok that you will be dealing with CW.

I have never provided a TM30 for annual extensions (many years) .

Having stated that nothing would surprise me.

At CW previously I never provided TM47 (90 day report receipt) yet last couple of years it's required.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Lorry said:

No. Never been asked for it.

Yes.

I have never had a TM30 stapled in my passport, didn't know people do that. 

PS always in Bangkok, like DrJack

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Lorry and DrJack54.

If anyone else has had a different experience (i.e. they demanded to see the TM.30 receipt otherwise no extension) this or last year at Chaengwattana then please let me know. It's quite far out to go there so I'm trying to prevent any repeat visits.

I wish I had taken a photo or made a copy of it, then I could've shown that. I never expected anyone to remove the paper receipt from my passport.

It makes sense if they could just check their database instead of demanding the paper receipt. However I had stayed at hotels around Thailand, so that would mean that the address in their system would now be different from my usual residence, which can be a problem for extension, right?

Or do you guys think they won't even check their database, i.e. they no longer care about TM.30 compliance at Chaengwattana? It'd be good if that's the situation now, as it was strict some years ago, and I had to pay 800 THB.

Edited by omnipresent

Just now, omnipresent said:

If anyone else has had a different experience (i.e. they demanded to see the TM.30 receipt otherwise no extension) this or last year at Chaengwattana then please let me know. It's quite far out to go there so I'm trying to prevent any repeat visits.

I wish I had taken a photo or made a copy of it, then I could've shown that. I never expected anyone to remove the paper receipt from my passport.

It makes sense if they could just check their database instead of demanding the paper receipt. However I had stayed at hotels around Thailand, so that would mean that the address in their system would now be different from my usual residence, which can be a problem for extension, right?

Or do you guys think they won't even check their database, i.e. they no longer care about TM.30 compliance at Chaengwattana? It'd be good if that's the situation now, as it was strict some years ago, and I had to pay 800 THB.

Let us know how you get on.

In this thread attached the OP states TM30 was not required 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318323-uneventful-non-o-retirement-extension-at-cw-last-week-short-report/ 

Here is thread where OP states TM30 was provided and accepted.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1326006-first-retirement-extension-at-cw-easy-as-you-like/ 

OP, if you have a lease include that and make sure provide most recent TM47 

• Thumbs Up 1

I had my tourist visa done in Savanna khet and had to fill out a TM30 when passing into Thailand. I later lost it when asking for extension, but I got it anyway. The only thing they said was that I forgot to see them and confirm address again after arriving from Laos!! I thought I only had to do that when arriving Thailand the first time....since my address hasn't changed for years.

Edited by harryviking
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Immigration offices are cross checking 90 day against TM-30 for address ( as for lost receipt it's in the computer )

If NEW passport, PP NUMBERS against Extension of stay and against address.

If you LEAVE the country ( 1st hand knowledge ) OR have stayed at a hotel ( legit hotels file a TM-30 ) file a NEW TM-30 EVEN returning to same address.

Many IO's will let you file a TM-30 as House Master or Possessor as I have done several times for myself and visitors staying at the house.

Edited by edwardflory
word spacing

1 hour ago, omnipresent said:

Smartphone photo takes 2 seconds and is super easy to set up, you can keep it in your phone photo storage forever and/or very easily and quickly e.mail the photo to yourself.

At my house my Thai son's Thai wife keeps every record possible for all the family in a file she created years ago and it has auto back up.

Every time there's a new document all family members know to immediately give passport / ID car whatever and new to mum, and she makes a habit of quickly storing it in her file and adding details to a spreadsheet (e.g. expiry date of passport / ID cards, insurance policies etc), then she e.mails a copy of updated spreadsheet to all adults, with new entries in purple colour:

- My Thai adult son

- My DIL

- Four kids

- Me

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have never provided a TM30 for annual extensions (many years) .

In january they asked for my TM30 for annual extension renewal at CW

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, daejung said:

In january they asked for my TM30 for annual extension renewal at CW

From thread link I posted earlier from OP report January annual extension CW....

"I was not asked for TM30 on any other documents. I don’t know if it was checked, but my last 90-day receipt was attached to my passport." 

Just shows how variable offices can be.

BTW I have never done a TM30 in my 12 yrs at CW.

I notice now CW require TM47 for annual extension. 

seems like the usual confusion with IO.....i ext my 30 2 weeks ago and had NEW updated tm30 but they seemed to take the old one..even though same address....i had the new one in case but the old one from last year seemed to get thru.....i dunno...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, harryviking said:

I had my tourist visa done in Savanna khet and had to fill out a TM30 when passing into Thailand. I later lost it when asking for extension, but I got it anyway. The only thing they said was that I forgot to see them and confirm address again after arriving from Laos!! I thought I only had to do that when arriving Thailand the first time....since my address hasn't changed for years.

I think you filled out a TM6

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, harryviking said:

Exactly the same experience,  3 years ago.

10 hours ago, Lorry said:

PS always in Bangkok, like DrJack

Did my renewal 17 Jun.   TM30 receipt was stabled in last page of passport.

22 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Did my renewal 17 Jun.   TM30 receipt was stabled in last page of passport.

What's that mean.

Did you provide a copy of TM30, meaning photocopy.

Who cares what's stapled into pp