Thai Taxi Driver Found Dead Outside Ex-Wife’s Bangkok Apartment

webfact

image.jpeg

A 60-year-old Thai taxi driver was found dead in his car parked outside his ex-wife’s apartment in the Bang Bon district of Bangkok on Tuesday night.

The deceased, identified as Ittipat, was discovered by his ex-wife, Surumpa, around 10 PM on June 18. Ittipat’s body was slumped in the passenger seat of his taxi. Preliminary police assessments indicated that Ittipat had been dead for at least five to six hours.

Surumpa, 43, revealed that although she and Ittipat divorced three years ago, he continued to visit their daughter frequently. Recently, tensions escalated when Ittipat posted a threatening message on Facebook directed at Surumpa’s new boyfriend, Kriangkrai, who also lived with her and their daughter.

The ominous post read, “Kriangkrai, don’t you dare come to my daughter’s room again. I will kill you!” Fearing for her boyfriend’s safety, Surumpa rushed home. Upon arriving around 8 PM, she noticed Ittipat’s car in the car park. Expecting a confrontation, she was shocked to find him unresponsive and quickly phoned the authorities.

Police reviewed security footage from the apartment complex, discovering that Ittipat had arrived around 4 AM on June 17. Footage showed him carrying an unknown item to his daughter's room before descending back to his vehicle.

Subsequent footage indicated that Ittipat had spent the day drinking alcohol in the car park. Around 4 PM, he entered his car, not starting the engine or opening the windows, which led officers to speculate that he might have died due to suffocation.

An investigation is ongoing, with Ittipat’s body undergoing an autopsy at Siriraj Hospital to determine the precise cause of death.

Picture courtesy: CK news

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

21 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Will the new boyfriend be questioned? 

Why would he be? If you read, they have looked at the CCTV and Ittipat was seen, but not the new boyfriend.

"The ominous post read, “Kriangkrai, don’t you dare come to my daughter’s room again. I will kill you!” ..............................That I would be worried about. Maybe his daughter told him something and he was there to check on her safety? Maybe the unknown item was a camera for her room.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

he entered his car, not starting the engine or opening the windows, which led officers to speculate that he might have died due to suffocation.

Toyota must be building airtight Corollas now...how novel.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

was discovered by his ex-wife, Surumpa, around 10 PM on

Subsequent footage indicated that Ittipat had spent the day drinking alcohol in the car park. Around 4 PM, he entered his car,

So 6 hours breathing the same air +CO, in a hermetically sealed Toyota. Mmm ok then. possible just.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So 6 hours breathing the same air +CO, in a hermetically sealed Toyota. Mmm ok then. possible just.

If the car was in full sunshine during that time, and he passed out drunk, it could be a combination of sunstroke and suffocation.

Similar to the awful reports of deaths of kids being left in school buses.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If the car was in full sunshine during that time, and he passed out drunk, it could be a combination of sunstroke and suffocation.

Similar to the awful reports of deaths of kids being left in school buses.

Sunstroke after 4 pm doubtful and the car park looks covered. Just saying. I guess only a full autopsy will tell. I feel sorry for his daughter not only losing her dad but maybe/hopefully asked questions by the cops. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Subsequent footage indicated that Ittipat had spent the day drinking alcohol in the car park. Around 4 PM, he entered his car, not starting the engine or opening the windows, which led officers to speculate that he might have died due to suffocation.

I would have guessed death from dehydration due to alcohol consumption / poisoning ! 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

"The ominous post read, “Kriangkrai, don’t you dare come to my daughter’s room again. I will kill you!” ..............................That I would be worried about. Maybe his daughter told him something and he was there to check on her safety? Maybe the unknown item was a camera for her room.

Doubtful.  Why then get pissed up and die?  If the new boyfriend was sexually abusing his daughter, he would have decent grounds to get the guy put away.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Doubtful.  Why then get pissed up and die?  If the new boyfriend was sexually abusing his daughter, he would have decent grounds to get the guy put away.

Yes, maybe what he brought to the room was a recording device. People get drunk for any reason all day long, and being angry is one. He might have passed out and succumbed to the heat. He may have been told by his daughter (whatever age) that this boyfriend was doing something, so wanted proof. Thailand doesn't enforce this near what western countries do, many get paid off, so he might know this and want good evidence.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why would he be? If you read, they have looked at the CCTV and Ittipat was seen, but not the new boyfriend.

of course he is a person of interest, and or course RTP will get a Statement from him. CCTV is just an aid..don't you know!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I don´t know that. They have video, and if they do not find any thing suspicious when examining the body, I bet they won´t even call him in for a statement.

According to the video he walked back to his car and died alone. How is the boyfriend involved?

Police procedure to speak to all persons who are directly related to or involved in the incident. As i mentioned the CCTV footage is only an aid and can these days easily be tampered with. The human eyes sees things differently and from angles the CCTV cannot detect, which may distort what actually is happening. It appears the boyfriend was threatened, of course he will be spoken to and a statement obtained and later either eliminated or implicated.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, tandor said:

of course he is a person of interest, and or course RTP will get a Statement from him. CCTV is just an aid..don't you know!

what is so confusing about this comment?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, tandor said:

Police procedure to speak to all persons who are directly related to or involved in the incident. As i mentioned the CCTV footage is only an aid and can these days easily be tampered with. The human eyes sees things differently and from angles the CCTV cannot detect, which may distort what actually is happening. It appears the boyfriend was threatened, of course he will be spoken to and a statement obtained and later either eliminated or implicated.

You are free to believe what you want. Wise of how they do things here with minimum amount of work load, I am, as posted, pretty sure they will not have any interest in that. That´s of course what I believe, and where our opinions differ. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You are free to believe what you want. Wise of how they do things here with minimum amount of work load, I am, as posted, pretty sure they will not have any interest in that. That´s of course what I believe, and where our opinions differ. 

well all i can say you must have lead a sheltered life up to date..all police forces in all countries investigate such matters, that is their function to protect life and property and bring felons to justice. You shouldn't judge the RTP detectives by the practices of some bent Traffic officers' actions!

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I don´t know that. They have video, and if they do not find any thing suspicious when examining the body, I bet they won´t even call him in for a statement.

According to the video he walked back to his car and died alone. How is the boyfriend involved?

I didn't think you were so naive ....   haven't you been here long enough to know how the cops operate. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I didn't think you were so naive ....   haven't you been here long enough to know how the cops operate. 

Yes, I have, and that has resulted in that I know they do not do more than they need.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, tandor said:

well all i can say you must have lead a sheltered life up to date..all police forces in all countries investigate such matters, that is their function to protect life and property and bring felons to justice. You shouldn't judge the RTP detectives by the practices of some bent Traffic officers' actions!

As I said, our belief and opinion differ in that case. Just leave it with that.

On 6/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, Gottfrid said:

Christ, you're exactly the kind of person that would fit in working for the Thai police. 

Edited by RandolphGB

24 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Christ, you're exactly the kind of person that would fit in working for the Thai police. 

Yes, that´s right.