Sending abroad a lump sum of USD from FCD account

Hi everyone! I contacted 2 banks, Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank clarifying their FCD account transaction fees.

Official information on both banks websites says that it possible to send USD from overseas acc. directly to Thai FCD account (for max capped fee of 500thb) and it’s also possible to make an outward transfer back to an account abroad for 0.25% fee + fixed fee of 500-1350 THB. 

However, when I called and emailed to both banks customer support, they explained that in order to send USD (that the client already has on his/her FCD account), they require you to withdraw ( technically, but not really) your US dollars first for an additional fee of 1%, and only then the bank would send the them overseas for you. 

So the total fee for sending USD, that are already sitting in your account is 1.25%. There’s no fee capped for any large transactions either. On top of that it can only be done at a branch, so you’d have to go there in person to make this transfer. 

I am surprised  that Thai banks are so customer disoriented and expensive for outward international transfers.  

Are there any ways to send money  out of Thai FCD account without exchanging them to THB or paying unreasonable commissions? Are there any banks that can make outward transfers at more reasonable fees? Thank you.