It's never to late

Just now, BobBKK said:

False equivalency to an under $3 beer!  I certainly never think about price if I'm having a beer - I take out 10,000 everytime I go out - spend around 3/4,000 an evening a couple time a week. I'm retired!!!  it's what I worked for all my life.

You worked for decades to get drunk? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

You worked for decades to get drunk? 

Part of my retirement was I could let go - yes.

More sex, more wine, more sleep, more travel - it's a package deal LOL

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Part of my retirement was I could let go - yes.

More sex, more wine, more sleep, more travel - it's a package deal LOL

Back in the days, 5 times a day, was ok, now I'm happy with 5 times a week, so those days are gone. 

For me it is less sex, less wine, and less travel. I call that quality retirement 😉

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Back in the days, 5 times a day, was ok, now I'm happy with 5 times a week, so those days are gone. 

For me it is less sex, less wine, and less travel. I call that quality retirement 😉

I get that, too... I usually drink five times a week and do enjoy a much more quiet life now. I mentioned sex as it was difficult to get hold of in old Blighty and is easy as shootin' apples in a barrel here.

Just now, BobBKK said:

I get that, too... I usually drink five times a week and do enjoy a much more quiet life now. I mentioned sex as it was difficult to get hold of in old Blighty and is easy as shootin' apples in a barrel here.

How long have you been in Thailand?

On 6/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, Hummin said:

In my mid 50ies, more or less stopped drinking before 50, and in better shape than ever since my late 20ies. 

Incredible how much time and energy socializing with alchohol take away from a sustainable healthy lifestyle.

Everything most expats do in Thailand is combined with alchohol. Very few socializing arenas I have found except going to the gym is linked to drinking. 

Yes, whenever a venue was suggested in my past the very 1st consideration was "does it have a bar" or can I bring my own ?

Just now, susanlea said:

And bargirls/alcohol isn't boring yet :blink:

Very rarely do I take a bargirl—she'd have to be very new, etc. There are enough outside of bars, and am I bored? Occasionally, but it's been fun finding out.

Alcohol is not dull for me as I'm a wine drinker, mostly at home, where I have a large wine cooler fridge that takes 160 bottles.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Very rarely do I take a bargirl—she'd have to be very new, etc. There are enough outside of bars, and am I bored? Occasionally, but it's been fun finding out.

Alcohol is not dull for me as I'm a wine drinker, mostly at home, where I have a large wine cooler fridge that takes 160 bottles.

Everyone is different.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Travelling for work and sport, it was easy to meet women, especially when both is combined with positive exposure. Also worked many years offshore on 2 weeks on and 4 weeks off, 

14 minutes ago, susanlea said:

And bargirls/alcohol isn't boring yet :blink:

I used to have a joke that I would say all the single guys that visited the plant after I would take them out on the town. At some point they would comment on how great it was, to which I would always say: "Yeah, but after a while you get tired of having indiscriminate sex with different young, attractive women all the time." Then I would pause while they looked at me like I was crazy, and then I would laugh and say: "Ahh, I was just bullsh*tting, not really." 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I used to have a joke that I would say all the single guys that visited the plant after I would take them out on the town. At some point they would comment on how great it was, to which I would always say: "Yeah, but after a while you get tired of having indiscriminate sex with different young, attractive women all the time." Then I would pause while they looked at me like I was crazy, and then I would laugh and say: "Ahh, I was just bullsh*tting, not really." 

Until the stds arrive.

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Drinking and prostitutes It is empty entertainment like pissing in your pants to feel warm for a second a cold winter day

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Drinking and prostitutes It is empty entertainment like pissing in your pants to feel warm for a second a cold winter day

Indeed, I would liken it to a grown man riding around on a motorcycle. 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:03 AM, susanlea said:

Drinking 4 to 5 days a week is still bad for your health. More than 2 beers a week is bad for you.

I am going to go out on a limb here - - I don't think they are drinking for their health

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You wouldn't.  

So driving a big bike for touring Thailand is like using alchohol and women as treatment for their boredom? 

Something I'm missing here? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So driving a big bike for touring Thailand is like using alchohol and women as treatment for their boredom? 

Something I'm missing here? 

Apparently. 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Was at the beach cracking a beer at 1000, a lady (foreigner) walks by and says "you know its 10 o'clock right?) to which I said yeah, but it's never to late.

It's five o'clock somewhere. (If someone beat me to it. Great minds think alike. I don't read all the replies, either.)