Locals try to ban Brits from beaches

MalcolmB

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

British tourists have been warned that there will be nowhere for them to go after one of the beaches in the town of Majorca was occupied by protesters over the weekend.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1912041/majorca-british-tourists-beach-ban

Hmm, they won't mind losing all their income then? Why just Brits?  

Multiple British media outlets have reported that U.K. tourists are threatening to take their pounds elsewhere after tensions with locals in Spain. The Mirror reports that Brits have been writing to the paper announcing their intentions to travel elsewhere. One tourist wrote that they plan to head “somewhere the locals want tourists and the benefits they bring to the local economy. There is no point in going where you are not wanted, there are plenty of other places to visit in Europe and around the world. See how they manage without tourism.” 

https://www.fodors.com/world/europe/spain/experiences/news/british-tourists-want-to-boycott-spain-over-anti-tourism-protests

Hopefully Thailand will benefit from this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

Hopefully Thailand will benefit from this.

I'm sure more brits will benefits the expat community in Thailand. 

Your OP is about drought and filling private swimmingpool restrictions

"Holidaymakers heading to Spain's southern region are facing a potential pool ban due to severe drought conditions"

Most of this Op's content is Brit-bashing...  he seeks it out and reposts it on this site. 

He's British, but clearly with an anti-British agenda claiming 'embarrassment of his countrymen'.

In this thread he's attempted to mask his negative bias with a very thinly veiled comment regarding the issue that locals in areas Spain with exceptionally high British tourist footfall are viewed with a degree of contempt due to poor behavior which may nudge them to Thailand... which is utter rubbish and a very poor attempt to shoe horn in some Thailand relevance to his troll.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Most of this Op's content is Brit-bashing...  he seeks it out and reposts it on this site. 

He's British, but clearly with an anti-British agenda claiming 'embarrassment of his countrymen'.

In this thread he's attempted to mask his negative bias with a very thinly veiled comment regarding the issue that locals in areas Spain with exceptionally high British tourist footfall are viewed with a degree of contempt due to poor behavior which may nudge them to Thailand... which is utter rubbish and a very poor attempt to shoe horn in some Thailand relevance to his troll.

What are you on about? 
it is an anti Spanish agenda, or can’t you read properly?

Thailand has been welcoming the English (the Thais refer to England as the “Land of the Gentlemen”) for decades.

I, like many other like minded Brits, will be staying away from Spain until they apologize.

• Confused 1

Just now, Angus55 said:

Unfortunately these scum are here now. Most of the Brit nonces in pattaya would have been in Spain a few years ago. They didnt dare go anywhere they couldnt get bangers and mash wiv tomato sauce. Now they can get that here you will see a lot more of the scum turning up at the sex bars of Thailand.

Ease up chap, you will trigger young Richard.

You have made me hungry. I know what I am having for dinner tonight now.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Judging by how some Brits behave here in Thailand, I'd say the spaniards are right. Some Brits shouldn't be allowed to have passports. 

I don't disagree...  many Brits behave poorly, as do tourists from other nations. 

We could be digging up news of Americans in Cancun or Australians in Bali etc - wherever there are a lot of tourists from any one nation, an element of contempt develops with the locals. 

That said, I don't spend my time digging up news about Brit's.. Perhaps I'm also negatively bias against MalcomB and what appears to be an anti-British agenda, even though in this thread he appears to be levying upset against the Spanish for wanting to prevent the British from travelling to 'their area'...   

I read into his threads an underlying negativity towards the Brits, in this case I suspect he was hoping the discussion will develop into a "Can't blame the locals for not wanting the British there" type of bash - he's just being a little less obvious about it as he's been called out too many times already for his anti-British trolling.

... Perhaps I'm over reading to much into his threads ?... Or, perhaps I already have a handle on where he'd like to direct the tone of the thread and have called it before it happens.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps I'm over reading to much into his threads ?... Or, perhaps I already have a handle on where he'd like to direct the tone of the thread and have called it before it happens.

Perhaps you are just a little over sensitive which is common for your generation who can’t seem to stomach any perceived criticism?

Instead of talking about me, how about contributing to the actual conversation.

It is not me attacking Brits, it is not me even writing this, I just shared it.

i think it will be a popular thread.

British expats in Spain have described the growing anger of there being too many Brits in the country after their car was vandalised with pink spray paint.

The couple - who moved from Horsham, West Sussex to Marbella four years ago - say they were targeted by 'anti-British' locals.

They were out for breakfast at exclusive restaurant Nobu when their Volvo XC40 - which has a British plate - was targeted by yobs who covered it in pink spray paint.

They claim staff said the same thing happened to a car with a British number previously and that they suspected it was 'anti British vandalism'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13516733/UK-expats-Marbella-growing-anger-Brits-Spain-friendly-locals-car-vandalised-anti-tourism-protests-spread.html

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't disagree...  many Brits behave poorly, as do tourists from other nations. 

We could be digging up news of Americans in Cancun or Australians in Bali etc - wherever there are a lot of tourists from any one nation, an element of contempt develops with the locals. 

That said, I don't spend my time digging up news about Brit's.. Perhaps I'm also negatively bias against MalcomB and what appears to be an anti-British agenda, even though in this thread he appears to be levying upset against the Spanish for wanting to prevent the British from travelling to 'their area'...   

I read into his threads an underlying negativity towards the Brits, in this case I suspect he was hoping the discussion will develop into a "Can't blame the locals for not wanting the British there" type of bash - he's just being a little less obvious about it as he's been called out too many times already for his anti-British trolling.

... Perhaps I'm over reading to much into his threads ?... Or, perhaps I already have a handle on where he'd like to direct the tone of the thread and have called it before it happens.

I'd say most of those that give Brits a bad rep are between the ages of 18- mid 20's. Those that come for the full moon parties etc. As you say it's not just Brits, it can be those from other western countries. I still stand by what I say some should never be allowed out of the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

benefits from rag articles from trash sites?.....lol  ok ole chap.....thanks for joining this site to troll and sh*t everywhere...

lucky us.....

I think you are missing the big picture young man. 

Many Brits will vote with their feet (and hard earned cash) and won’t return. Who wants their cars vandalized or to be abused when eating out or visiting the beach.

Most will not stay at home but will look for alternatives where they are welcomed. And no country welcomes tourists better than the Land of Smiles. And most tourists who come to the Land of Smiles once, then return again and again often bringing new friends with them. 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 3:41 PM, ChipButty said:

That was old news can you not do any  better than this, tell the real story they had been driving that car around for 4 years on English plates which is illegal

Sound a bit like the "look at me" vanity of the Thai car owner's that cling to their red plates for as long as possible.

If you want to be treated as different, expect to be treated as different.