Avoid AGODA

Angus55

On 6/25/2024 at 8:01 PM, Yellowtail said:

20% as the previous poster claimed or the 3% that covers their cost? 

What options do they have to pay besides credit card? 

Sometimes its like 200 baht or so. I only use my US credit cards but yeah several other options.

On 6/25/2024 at 7:55 AM, Tropicalevo said:

I did not know that they booked flights.

I only use them for hotels.

For flights, I try to book with the airline.

No one else will help you if anything goes wrong.

Utter utter rubbish re your last sentence.....

I use solely one agent out of London Travel Trolley who on 3 occasions down the years have bent over backwards to help me twice over flight date changes on supposed "unchangeable" class of tickets and as recently as March this year when the the airline non response to communications became unsettling

Agent sorted it within 20 minutes of contact

In contrast twice in only a handful of bookings direct with the airline I had issues

Agent every single time for me and of course notwithstanding 99% of the time the flight is cheaper anyway

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, susanlea said:

Agoda cheaper though.

Perhaps; but there is more to using a service than focusing solely on price. And, for example, the reason many people choose to live in Thailand as opposed to, say, Sri Lanka, which is "cheaper."

Reminds me of the quote, "He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." 🤣

Agoda was great until there was a problem with the hotel, at which point they were fairly useless and I never used them again. My general business motto: "If you don't take care of the customer, someone else will." Enter Booking and AirBnb.

Agoda, unlike Booking, doesn't display the true total price per night until checkout. Booking has much better price transparency.

With AirBnb, you never have to worry about paying cash or needing to surrendering card details in a third world country to cover a bond deposit.

Agoda, like Hotels.com and Expedia, is good until it is not.

3 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Perhaps; but there is more to using a service than focusing solely on price. And, for example, the reason many people choose to live in Thailand as opposed to, say, Sri Lanka, which is "cheaper."

Reminds me of the quote, "He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." 🤣

Agoda was great until there was a problem with the hotel, at which point they were fairly useless and I never used them again. My general business motto: "If you don't take care of the customer, someone else will." Enter Booking and AirBnb.

Agoda, unlike Booking, doesn't display the true total price per night until checkout. Booking has much better price transparency.

With AirBnb, you never have to worry about paying cash or needing to surrendering card details in a third world country to cover a bond deposit.

Agoda, like Hotels.com and Expedia, is good until it is not.

Agoda and booking.com are the same company. One bad experience and you gave up. Usually it is the hotel's fault as they upload the info.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Agoda and booking.com are the same company. One bad experience and you gave up. Usually it is the hotel's fault as they upload the info.

Qantas and Jetstar share the same parent company. Singapore Airlines and Scoot share the same parent company. Masarati and Chrysler share the same parent company. My brother and I come from the same parents, but we are very different 🤣

Keep using Agoda if it works for you 👍

14 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Qantas and Jetstar share the same parent company. Singapore Airlines and Scoot share the same parent company. Masarati and Chrysler share the same parent company. My brother and I come from the same parents, but we are very different 🤣

Keep using Agoda if it works for you 👍

Fair points. Lots of bad brothers.