Does the USA really always get its man?

SoCal1990

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are not very good at putting away, or eliminating the really bad guys. Too bad. Some of us might even volunteer for the task. There are alot of bad players on the world stage these days.

Us made a good task in punishing Cuba for trying to protect their sovereign rights and independency. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Not all Democrats are leftists.

Thank you so much for the credit. I really like you acknowledging that I am not a communist. Some of your partisans are not quite as generous. I recently posted something critical of Trump on another forum. Here is an example of one of the replies. And I am thin skinned? Ha!

You mean like the EXTREMELY thin skinned, racist, pedophile piece of fascist followers of the America-hating democrat agenda? You mean like that?

Jeez. What can one even say to such blabber?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

Outside of its borders, the USA is viewed very differently though, far more realistically and much more objectively. But inside the USA the brainwashing is sadly still very strong for many. 

and this is your opinion or you wanna post a link/ source.......and what % is brainwashed as Im a Yank.....do go on.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you so much for the credit. I really like you acknowledging that I am not a communist. Some of your partisans are not quite as generous. I recently posted something critical of Trump on another forum. Here is an example of one of the replies. And I am thin skinned? Ha!

You mean like the EXTREMELY thin skinned, racist, pedophile piece of fascist followers of the America-hating democrat agenda? You mean like that?

weak minds are easily miseld...hence maga and the GOP 101 playbook of fear politics as its the only way they can win anything

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you so much for the credit. I really like you acknowledging that I am not a communist. Some of your partisans are not quite as generous.

I have no idea if you are a communist or not. 

I seem to see a whole lot of condemnation and name-calling and whatnot from your side as well. 

I recently posted something critical of Trump on another forum. Here is an example of one of the replies. And I am thin skinned? Ha!

I don't know if you're thin-skinned of not, but it does not look like they were talking about you specifically, so there's that. 

Ask them for a link, is that not SOP? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

Assange just walked a free man and they fought tooth and nail to get him for nearly a decade and failed. They also didn't get Snowden, who still lives a free man now and at the courtesy of one of the USA's greatest enemies.

Assange has spent more than 10 years in some kind of pergatory. 7 years living in an embassy and then 5 years in jail. Snowden not quite as long but not far off. He was stuck in a Moscow airport for about a month and has lost everything he had in his previous life, likely never to regain it.

You might say that the US didn't get their men, but they sure helped (with other nations involved too) feck their lives up for a significant period of time.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

If it is true that Assange will plead guilty in an American court and will be sentenced to time served in the UK, then he didn't escape. Plus, I am not sure the Americans are trustworthy enough not to incarcerate him for another 20 years once he is on their soil. 

Just read he has been freed by the court after pleading guilty. Good for him, bad for journalism.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Gotta love how you guys make incredible generalizations of what is estimated to be 49% of registered voters in the US. And we are all also communist, love Marxist ideology, are not patriotic, are anti-American because we are critical of Trump, worship celebrities, and many of us eat babies and drink their blood.

Way to go. Keep up the harmony creation, and make America great again with hatred and division.

Apart from eating babies and drinking their blood, you got my view of Dems spot on Mike. Don't know how there are enough of you to win an election in the US though, thought you were all here.

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Apart from eating babies and drinking their blood, you got my view of Dems spot on Mike. Don't know how there are enough of you to win an election in the US though, thought you were all here.

You have the democrats and the republicans. And then you have that whacko criminal Trump and his band of kool-aid gulping ninnies. Nobody from the first two groups like either of the second two. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

You have the democrats and the republicans. And then you have that whacko criminal Trump and his band of kool-aid gulping ninnies. Nobody from the first two groups like either of the second two. 

who is the 4th group though. dems and repubs are 1 and 2. then trump ninnies as you put it are 3. but who is 4th that falls into the second two.

3 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

Stay in jail in solitary confinement for the rest of your life or sign a piece of paper that says something that you don't agree with and you go free. No brainer isn't it?

If only it were that simple.  I suspect Trump got a bump in the polls when he suggested he may pardon Assange.  Team Biden immediately decided to take that arrow out of Trump's quiver.  I suspect he'd still be fighting extradition if it wasn't an election year.  And I'm pretty sure he'll survive through election day, but I'm not too keen on his long term odds of dying from old age.  I hope he has a solid steel deadman switch.

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Lyndon Johnson and the democraptic cabal at the time... Hilary is one of his disciples 

second that

he wanted a war with vietnam for... well the same people that get all the hundreds of billions at every war ... military industrial complex

for me, they play turn with big pharma, that was allowed to make hundreds of billions...

so after ukraine, another pandemic ?

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Funny. I can't get enough baby blood. 

I predict Huge Don will lose by 9 million popular votes, and at least 10-20 electoral votes. 

On 6/25/2024 at 8:09 PM, Yellowtail said:

I think the phrase it the Mounties always get their man, not the US. I have also heard it "Rangers always get their man. (Texas Rangers) 

I have never heard the phrase "USA always gets its man". 

Agreed. As an American I've never heard the expression.

4 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Assange has spent more than 10 years in some kind of pergatory. 7 years living in an embassy and then 5 years in jail. Snowden not quite as long but not far off. He was stuck in a Moscow airport for about a month and has lost everything he had in his previous life, likely never to regain it.

You might say that the US didn't get their men, but they sure helped (with other nations involved too) feck their lives up for a significant period of time.

That is all true, but the US was still aiming for far more than that and didn't get it.  

Julian Assange had an appeal hearing scheduled for July 9-10, 2024. The hearing would have addressed the U.S. assurances regarding Assange’s freedom of expression protections under the First Amendment if he were to be extradited to the United States. The High Court in London had very recently granted Assange permission to appeal on the grounds that the U.S. has not adequately assured Assange that he would be protected under these rights.

Therefore, reports indicate that Julian Assange’s release was simply expedited due to the forthcoming July court date where those First Amendment issues were expected to be aired out, addressed and challenged in a court of law. This court hearing in July was seen as a big potential challenge for the U.S. government, particularly regarding the implications for press freedom and the rights of journalists under the First Amendment and, thus the US didn't want that issue argued in a court of law in a high profile case like this. So it was a US government fear of bad optics that freed him. Thus, as a result, the U.S. quickly agreed to the plea deal that just led to Assange’s release. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

That is all true, but the US was still aiming for far more than that and didn't get it.  

Julian Assange had an appeal hearing scheduled for July 9-10, 2024. The hearing would have addressed the U.S. assurances regarding Assange’s freedom of expression protections under the First Amendment if he were to be extradited to the United States. The High Court in London had very recently granted Assange permission to appeal on the grounds that the U.S. has not adequately assured Assange that he would be protected under these rights.

Therefore, reports indicate that Julian Assange’s release was simply expedited due to the forthcoming July court date where those First Amendment issues were expected to be aired out, addressed and challenged in a court of law. This court hearing in July was seen as a big potential challenge for the U.S. government, particularly regarding the implications for press freedom and the rights of journalists under the First Amendment and, thus the US didn't want that issue argued in a court of law in a high profile case like this. So it was a US government fear of bad optics that freed him. Thus, as a result, the U.S. quickly agreed to the plea deal that just led to Assange’s release. 

Yeah, the last thing the left wants is for First Amendment issues to be aired out. 

• Sad 1