Credit card fraud - does that happen often in Thailand or with Thai credit cards?

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In the past I always had cards with the 16 digit number on the front of the card,, and the ccv on the back of the card.

Until Citibank had the glorious idea to show no number on the front and all numbers on the back... 

Hey, did you get the new UOB card yet? How're you liking the app? 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Hey, did you get the new UOB card yet? How're you liking the app? 

My Citi card expires in 2026. I guess I will use it until then.

I use the UOB app. First it was difficult to get it running. Then it was difficult to find statements.

Now I got used to the app, or to the very few functions which I use.

All in all, I keep it because I want a 2nd credit card in case I can't use my main card. Otherwise, I don't like it much. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In the past I always had cards with the 16 digit number on the front of the card,, and the ccv on the back of the card.

Until Citibank had the glorious idea to show no number on the front and all numbers on the back... 

the no numbers on the front maybe a new feature

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

the no numbers on the front maybe a new feature

I think it was not so difficult to figure out why one number was on the front, and the other on the back. It makes total sense.

That is, until some marketing idiot had a great idea... 

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It’s an SCB one, no embossing, no number on the front, and yes it has a new CCVIMG_1106.thumb.jpeg.007f92466c4a8fc5b047c1558c0432cb.jpeg

Was that just a replacement for your previous SCB debit/atm card as it had run out?

I ask as mine expires later this year.

33 minutes ago, topt said:

Was that just a replacement for your previous SCB debit/atm card as it had run out?

I ask as mine expires later this year.

Yes, sort of, mine was a month out of date, I ordered a new on the app, you don’t have to have the physical card you can just get the info in the application. Possibly had I caught it in time I would have been able to keep the old number.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of my Citi bank card almost scammed last year, after a trip to Thailand. luckily,  Citibank blocked the transaction and txt me.

From then, I only use Credit card on Apple pay

Apple pay does not show physical card details, no CVV. so far ,no problem

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I received my new card. The first thing I did was hiding the 3-digit number. 

I do not know ,man, some of the transactions do not need CVV number

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/education/basics/why-do-some-sites-not-require-cvv#:~:text=It's important to note that,not ask for the CVV.

CVV numbers are not a requirement for processing an online credit card purchase

Edited by Rob L

Its nearly 4 weeks since I ordered a new debit card from NZ. Hopefully it will turn up soon.  Bloody scammers.

My Wise card was accessed 2 days ago by none other than Apple.com

I saw this and immediately put the card on freeze.  Today the same outfit tried to get NZ$9.99 out of the account but we're denied due to me putting it on freeze. 

Seems like this is occurring worldwide yet Apple (The official company) state it's not them.  Some people have lost thousands. 

Apple said for people to contact their banks. 

I still have my Wise card and will only unfreeze it prior to purchasing anything and then refreeze it.  But I'll now switch to the virtual/digital card as much as possible. 

There are some sneaky little fkrs out there. Bastards!