Do you fear getting an STD/STI in Thailand?

When I was younger and a bit wilder I had a few incidents where I was infected with something . Easily cured but very demoralizing. I have since become more selective especially since I have a regular partner and the last thing in the world I would want to do is pass something on to her.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, novacova said:

I don’t/wont engage with other women, yes I fear getting my third member chopped by the wife.

Elena Bobbit started something.......

35 minutes ago, charmonman said:

When I was younger and a bit wilder I had a few incidents where I was infected with something . Easily cured but very demoralizing. I have since become more selective especially since I have a regular partner and the last thing in the world I would want to do is pass something on to her.

Better (less anxiety ridden) living through modern chemistry.  

17 hours ago, Alpha84 said:

I am wondering how many people abstain from casual sex and quick hookups in Thailand simply because they fear catching an STI/STD?

Also, is it common for people to engage with sex workers in Thailand, but avoid having full intercourse and only engage in touching because of that same fear? 

Most of my mates talk regularly about their STI's, openly saying they went to the quack for a jab etc.

These guys are getting the ugliest girls, fat, older, unhealthy looking because they are on a budget.

It's not 100% guaranteed but spend the extra money, get a young beautiful girl, make sure she doesn't smell, it works for me. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Use a condom and you are good, mate.

Plenty of research shows that a significant number of sex workers in Thailand are HIV-positive, but if you wear a condom and stick to oral and vaginal sex you will be fine.

The risk of getting HIV via oral sex is almost zero, and the risk to the insertive partner via vaginal sex with a partner who is already positive is relatively low.

Your biggest risk would be having unprotected anal sex as the receptive partner, assuming you were gay or bisexual.

It's also a good idea to get tested about every 3 months for all common STIs. Best if your HIV test is done by PCR method since the detection method sensitivity during disease incubation is about 2 weeks as opposed to 6 months.

Good luck and be safe, mate 👍🙏

Good general advice. 👍🏼

The Thai Red Cross anonymous HIV testing clinic in Bangkok can provide a double test now. One is a test that provides results within a hour and can determine infection from exposures that occurred within the last 2 to 4 weeks. The other testing method they're using now apparently can detect an HIV infection that occurred within just 7 days after exposure. 

When you refer to the risks of getting HIV from oral sex being nearly zero, are you referring to a woman giving oral sex to a man, a man giving oral sex to a woman, or both?

12 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Use a condom and you are good, mate.

Plenty of research shows that a significant number of sex workers in Thailand are HIV-positive, but if you wear a condom and stick to oral and vaginal sex you will be fine.

Without a condom, the risk of getting HIV via oral sex is almost zero, and the risk to the insertive partner via vaginal sex with a partner who is already positive is relatively low.

Your biggest risk would be having unprotected anal sex as the receptive partner, assuming you were gay or bisexual.

It's also a good idea to get tested about every 3 months for all common STIs. Best if your HIV test is done by PCR method since the detection method sensitivity during disease incubation is about 2 weeks as opposed to 6 months.

Good luck and be safe, mate 👍🙏

While your post is useful, you should not give in to the condom monomania. There are now other ways to protect yourself, just as effective, without have to fumble with a piece or rubber and lose this delicious silky feeling on your shaft.

Circumcise, HIV PPREP, Doxy PREP, Cef. + Zythro PEP on post act risk assessment, TEST. Get learned on these and integrate them into you hygiene/health routines. Your sex life will take a boost, especially if you are over 70.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, marin said:

You have got to be kidding me. 30 years ago that topic was laughable now its just plain silly. Our new thread starters are really something else. Its like AN has taken the biggest backward step it could possibly take. 

To be fair, I am sure there are some feminists in some western countries out there who predict everybody will get AIDS just be touching a Thai woman.