How strict is Thai airways with carry on weight?

7 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I really don’t know. It all seems very clear to me. Two bags essentially. One “bag” and then one “personal bag”. And the weight. The weight is where it’s at. And it seems very consistent airline to airline, at least the cheap ones.

To me cabin luggage is delicate stuff. What I don’t understand are the indestructible, gigantic bags allowed in the cabin. I don’t really care but you can see people jamming them up in there on every flight… it’s like hey bud, that’s (meant to be) delicate luggae up there. Why are you jamming your bag up there with full force? That’s my main issue with in flight luggae. Not to mention those hard shell bags are huge too. If there’s no room you just put it somewhere else preferably closer to the exit. 

If you read the link I previously posted, the airlines have standard measurements allowed and your tickets show what you paid for.

It is lack of control by the airlines were the problem is, and customers who push their limits..

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you read the link I previously posted, the airlines have standard measurements allowed and your tickets show what you paid for.

It is lack of control by the airlines were the problem is, and customers who push their limits..

I did read the link. It said exactly what I’ve been saying. All these airlines have the same policy as far as I can tell. One bag and one personal item. As I said if you go back to my post. It’s all about the weight dude. 

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

I did read the link. It said exactly what I’ve been saying. All these airlines have the same policy as far as I can tell. One bag and one personal item. As I said if you go back to my post. It’s all about the weight dude. 

No, it all depends on your ticket, 

In addition to the checked baggage allowance, each passenger is allowed to hand carry one baggage at maximum length 56 cm (22 inches), width 45 cm (18 inches), thickness 25 cm (10 inches). These dimensions include wheels, handles, and side pockets. Total weight of the carry-on baggage must not exceed seven kg (15 lb).

Source Thai Airways