Biden Vows to Return for Second Debate Against Trump Despite Disastrous Performance

Social Media

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's bad enough that Biden didn't realize his condition before the debate.

But it seems even after the debate he still thinks he is the right guy for the job. Did anybody show him the video of his performance?

How demented must someone be to see that and still think: Sure, that guy is the best choice for the most powerful job in the world.

I don't think there is a god, but just in case there is one, please send Biden a message, maybe a heart attack, so that he things again about his choices. Because it seems he is the only one who can now decide he won't run for president. The DEMs can't just easily have a new candidate.

The DEMS are in a dilemma . If Biden stays it is odds on that Trump wins . If Biden steps down it could turn ugly for the DEMS as a free for all scramble from candidates erupts which will have a negative impact on their chances to win the election as they will be seen as a disorganized party . Now if the deputy  ( Kamala Harris ) was capable of taking the reigns , that could have been an acceptable ploy but under the US Constitution that can only happen during a term and not to become a prime candidate . However the 25th Amendment of the Constitution allows the vice president and cabinet to declare the president not able to perform his duties of office and the power is transferred to the vice president . However KH is not a popular figure apparently , so that will not happen .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Well you can’t argue that he has the tools to turn the economy around after handed a failed economy by Trump. The best economy among the developed countries and powering the world economy currently. 

Why lie? Already proven wrong. Do you want to be embarrased like the others? Stop lying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the situation is even worse.

Kamala Harris is in that position mostly to get women and black votes.

So what would happen if the party decides to have a new candidate who is not Kamala Harris? And possibly white and male.

Many women and black voters wouldn't like that.

And many Americans, even DEM voters, don't want Kamala Harris.

They have a problem, a big problem.

US presidential  Winner · Donald Trump 8/13 · Joe Biden 4/1 · Gavin Newsom 9/1 · Michelle Obama 20/1. Kamala Harris 25/1

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Why doesn't Joe boy just retire and finish off his time with grace? Feel sorry for the guy; he just embarrasses himself. The US electoral system is broke if this pair is the only viable option. Young and switched on folk with no dirt or ego should be in the running. Someone like Jake Sullivan... good speaker, no palaver. People of age (zero connection with much of the populace) should not be allowed to run. All about money innit.

All about money?  What about Michael Bloomberg?  He blew over $500 million, before dropping out and endorsing Joe Biden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If Trump is elected President again, America will withdraw into isolation, and leave the rest of the free world to fend for itself.

There is not another country that would trust anything he says.

If you have so much knowledge and foresight about how America will perform when Trump wins perhaps you should be in the contest for president.  You can also speak for the rest of the world apparently!

Amazing!

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I really hope he does another one.

It's comedy gold.

"We finally defeated Medicare" 😄

For the record after talking about taxes on billionaires 

BIDEN: We’d be able to right – wipe out his debt. We’d be able to help make sure that – all those things we need to do, childcare, elder care, making sure that we continue to strengthen our healthcare system, making sure that we’re able to make every single solitary person eligible for what I’ve been able to do with the COVID – excuse me, with dealing with everything we have to do with.

Look, if – we finally beat Medicare.

TAPPER:  Thank you, President Biden.

President Trump?

TRUMP:  Well, he’s right: He did beat Medicaid (ph).

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

For the record after talking about taxes on billionaires 

We’d be able to right – wipe out his debt. We’d be able to help make sure that – all those things we need to do, childcare, elder care, making sure that we continue to strengthen our healthcare system, making sure that we’re able to make every single solitary person eligible for what I’ve been able to do with the COVID – excuse me, with dealing with everything we have to do with.

Look, if – we finally beat Medicare.

TAPPER:  Thank you, President Biden.

President Trump?

TRUMP:  Well, he’s right: He did beat Medicaid (ph).

The problem - 45 has made many many many more such stupid statements. Die by shark or die by electric battery was the most recent I heard, though Fox viewers never did (I recommend they Google it for comparison).

These two geriatrics need to go away.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

One dimension illustration. What missing are factors causing inflation like Ukraine war, supply chain shortages and a strong labour market post Trump when consumers spend less because of the pandemic. Too hard for you to understand? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Right now, of all the familiar democratic names, Michelle Obama has the best popularity rating and would handily beat the convict.

3 hours ago, stoner said:

i've been saying this for quite some time now.

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

She hates politics. 

I have dipped in and out of watching her various media/talk show appearances for the last four years.

I think that it is rather than she strongly dislikes quite a lot of the people "established" in politics. That may rather resonate with many beyond the democratic camp.

Her antipathy for "establishment politics" and attendant public support may make it difficult for "ultra establishment" organisations ( yes I am rather thinking of the Supreme Court) and the wrecking ball elements in Congress to "put the boot in" and may result in some sensible meaningful reforms.

Just an idea - one term may suffice for a "reset"?

• Agree 1