Spend your money before you die.......or......

EVENKEEL

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Saw a nice Ferrari F8 for sale last week.

1 mil down.

300k a month for 48 months.

@ 15.4 mil it is a bargain.... makes me wonder why though, maybe has taxes owing but it did sport white plate and seller claims to have book.

Much more fun than a house !

I'm not in that caliber. But thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think we should just live how we like it. And spending more money does not necessarily make us happier.

Some time ago I inherited some money, I could have gone to Nana, pick the prettiest girls on stage, give them each 10k and tell them to entertain me.

Maybe it would have been fun. I don't really know. I didn't try it.

In my experience it's nice to have enough money for a reasonable lifestyle. Having more and spending more doesn't make it better.

I agree, but later in your life a decision must be made. Do you spend your money, after all you're the one who earned it or...leave it to others who in all likely hood wouldn't have sacrificed so much for the money.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Having money in the bank does provide a sense of security. I have to admit that as I have gotten older I have found it very difficult to strike a balance between using money to "enjoy" life versus socking it away for a rainy day. At times, I have tried to force myself to spend more, but find it difficult to do so. 

We are creatures of habit. Many of us lived a life of saving to reach that point. It's the only reason you made it. But once you get there, you don't know how to live any differently. 

• Like 2

I have too much money too. And very simple tastes.

I allow myself 2K a day to blow, usually come in at at around 600-800, mostly eating out. It just piles up.

I don't want to eat at a Ginger Kitchen-level restaurant every day. It just gets onerous. However, I do pop in for a crab meat omelette once a week.

But some days the main meal is a peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake from 7/11. Hard to get good health food style peanut butter here. But a big jar lasts a month. Like 200 baht?

I started buying my wife perfume a lot. Chanel #5 has been helpful towards my surplus reduction. But soon she will be glutted. I bought half a dozen high-end colognes for myself at duty-free. They will likely take me to my grave.

A car? No, Grab Cab has spoiled me for life. I was way out from Chiang Mai on a farming course. On the last day, someone drove all the way out there and back to Nimman for 200 baht. So no car.

Travel is no fun without her, and she's hard to pry out of Nimman. 'Don't want to eat in a 5* restaurant or stay in a nice hotel alone. A solo trip to Bangkok costs a third of going with her.

We splurge on a meal in Nimman in the 1,500-2,500 range about once a week. Oysters and Omakase are helpful money-burners. But after that, it's typically another peanut butter sandwich day for me.

The last time I felt, like, wow, I'm spending a lot of money was $100 at Asia Books a month ago. And that's about 4 months worth of books. I'm afraid to get a Kindle. I need hardcover books to meet my spending quota.

I have an upcoming buddy trip to São Paulo. Hard to spend $100 a day there. A deathbed-level steak is $20. A good room in Little Japan is $35. Premium economy for the 24 hour flight added only $600.

You can get booty licking action for $50. I wonder if two heads can fit back there. 

Edited by Prubangboy

4 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I have too much money too. And very simple tastes.

I allow myself 2K a day to blow, usually come in at at around 600-800, mostly eating out. It just piles up.

I don't want to eat at a Ginger Kitchen-level restaurant every day. It just gets onerous. However, I do pop in for a crab meat omelette once a week.

But some days the main meal is a peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake from 7/11. Hard to get good health food style peanut butter here. But a big jar lasts a month. Like 200 baht?

I started buying my wife perfume a lot. Chanel #5 has been helpful towards my surplus reduction. But soon she will be glutted. I bought half a dozen high-end colognes for myself at duty-free. They will likely take me to my grave.

A car? No, Grab Cab has spoiled me for life. I was way out from Chiang Mai on a farming course. On the last day, someone drove all the way out there and back to Nimman for 200 baht. So no car.

Travel is no fun without her, and she's hard to pry out of Nimman. 'Don't want to eat in a 5* restaurant or stay in a nice hotel alone. A solo trip to Bangkok costs a third of going with her.

We splurge on a meal in Nimman in the 1,500-2,500 range about once a week. Oysters and Omakase are helpful money-burners. But after that, it's typically another peanut butter sandwich day for me.

The last time I felt, like, wow, I'm spending a lot of money was $100 at Asia Books a month ago. And that's about 4 months worth of books. I'm afraid to get a Kindle. I need hardcover books to meet my spending quota.

I have an upcoming buddy trip to São Paulo. Hard to spend $100 a day there. A deathbed-level steak is $20. A good room in Little Japan is $35. Premium economy for the 24 hour flight added only $600.

You can get booty licking action for $50. I wonder if two heads can fit back there. 

If a local grocery store doesn't have it you can order 100 percent peanuts no additives peanut butter on Lazada. 

I have read too many tales of famous people who died in penury, after living the high life. Alcoholism, drugs and extravagance are common themes in their downfall.

I won't die rich, but I will die solvent. IMO that beats being broke.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Hard to get good health food style peanut butter here. But a big jar lasts a month. Like 200 baht?

Where do you get that? It's nearly 100 Baht for a small jar of high quality peanut butter at Villa. I eat it with a spoon and hard to make it last more than a day. 

31 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

If I can do four then you should be able to do two. If not, buy a bigger booty, money is no object, right?

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Saw a nice Ferrari F8 for sale last week.

1 mil down.

300k a month for 48 months.

@ 15.4 mil it is a bargain.... makes me wonder why though, maybe has taxes owing but it did sport white plate and seller claims to have book.

Much more fun than a house !

You Imagine uncle Joe (Biden) driving one? He is an good example how many of us will end up, and we will not even recognize it our self! 

I will spend what I feel I need to spend for a good quality life, and that is for comfortable hotels and good food when we have our "holidays".

I will leave the rest for my wife. 

• Thanks 1