Transfer Immigration Stamps to New Passport - Third Passport While Living In LOS

I've just received a new US passport.  This is my third passport I've had since entering Thailand.  I've just replaced my second passport which was due to expire in Jan 2025.

According to the TM.22 Transfer Stamp To New Passport Form items (5) and (6):  Both of those items (last arrival stamp - April 2007) and (Original Non-B visa stamp) are in my first passport.  My last arrival was in 2009 and have not left the country since.

Maybe the easiest path forward is to make copies of every page from all of my three passports (2 old; 1 new) along with copies of the TM30, 90 Day Report slip, and TM.6, plus the US Embassy letter stating that the US Embassy doesn't do Passport Transfer letters anymore - and take all three passports with me - and a good book to while away the time. 

Chiang Mai Division 5, Lamphun Immigration Office - I'm assuming that the Lamphun Office will do pretty much what is done in the Chiang Mai Offices.

Anyone run into this situation when transferring stamps, in other words, being on a third passport when the original visa stamp and arrival stamp are in your first passport, not the second passport you have just replaced? 

Screenshotfrom2024-06-2910-30-54.png.4916c0b94007e270db4038e54647432e.png

22.Transfer-Stamp-to-New-Passport-Form.pdf

Edited by connda

I'm also on my third passport. 

They transferred my original entry stamp into Thailand in Feb 2009 into the second passport.

I produced the second passport, with copies of every page with stamps.   This also contained the original entry date stamp that was transferred into this passport at the time.

They then just transferred my current extension  and my original entry date, with the stamped details, into my third passport.

That was in Chiang Mai earlier this year.

EDIT:  whilst I produced the TM 30, they said that there was no need to renew it, as I was still living at the same address.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I'm also on my third passport. 

They transferred my original entry stamp into Thailand in Feb 2009 into the second passport.

I produced the second passport, with copies of every page with stamps.   This also contained the original entry date stamp that was transferred into this passport at the time.

They then just transferred my current extension  and my original entry date, with the stamped details, into my third passport.

That was in Chiang Mai earlier this year.

EDIT:  whilst I produced the TM 30, they said that there was no need to renew it, as I was still living at the same address.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!  Think I'll just take my first passport with me and keep it in my pocket just in case.  The transferred stamps with the original visa and last entry date are on the first data page of my second passport, so they do have the information.

My approach with Immigration is to go loaded for bear and expect the unexpected.  <laughs> 

That's for the information!  :thumbsup:

Just now, connda said:

Thanks!  Think I'll just take my first passport with me and keep it in my pocket just in case.  The transferred stamps with the original visa and last entry date are on the first data page of my second passport, so they do have the information.

My approach with Immigration is to go loaded for bear and expect the unexpected.  <laughs> 

That's for the information!  :thumbsup:

You're very welcome.  Correct preparation is as you say, take everything just in case🤣🤣👍🙏🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Anyone run into this situation when transferring stamps, in other words, being on a third passport when the original visa stamp and arrival stamp are in your first passport, not the second passport you have just replaced? 

Visas are not transfered.

Information pertaining to them is noted in your pp #2.

So when transferring info from #2 to your current (new pp) immigration will note that into in pp #3..

Note: realize you are using CM just note for others..CW are requiring photocopies of bank book back to last extension to check compliance for those using money in bank method. A new trick. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Visas are not transfered.

Information pertaining to them is noted in your pp #2.

So when transferring info from #2 to your current (new pp) immigration will note that into in pp #3..

Note: realize you are using CM just note for others..CW are requiring photocopies of bank book back to last extension to check compliance for those using money in bank method. A new trick. 

"Visas are not transfered." 

After 17 years living here - I do understand that, but the original visa type is noted in the transferred stamp in pp #2, i.e., "Non-B" in my case.

Regarding bank books.  I'll keep it in mind.  If they want that, we'll just complete their dog-and-pony-show at a different time.  I'm in no rush.  My 90 day isn't due until September so I'll need to get this done by then seeing that the first 90 after passport renewal needs to be completed in-person.  Thx.

11 minutes ago, connda said:

"Visas are not transfered." 

After 17 years living here - I do understand that, but the original visa type is noted in the transferred stamp in pp #2, i.e., "Non-B" in my case.

Regarding bank books.  I'll keep it in mind.  If they want that, we'll just complete their dog-and-pony-show at a different time.  I'm in no rush.  My 90 day isn't due until September so I'll need to get this done by then seeing that the first 90 after passport renewal needs to be completed in-person.  Thx.

Visas are not transfered." 

Hence my post, where I referred only to where they transferred details of my original visa type and entry date and original passport.

There are 3 transfer stamps in total.

And of course the carried forward latest extension.🙏🏻

I am on non O retirement extension, and bank books etc were not required.

As @DrJack54 said, CW is slightly different

Edited by Raindancer